• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLudwig
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2020
    Hi all! I'm a music theorist, educator, and composer with a love for, above all, film music and classical music. Up until mid-2018, I worked as a professor of music theory but the academic life was not for me, so I left the profession and now am focusing on building online courses in music analysis and composition. I love to discuss analytical and compositional points about music and pretty much anything classical, so I hope to jump into these kinds of discussions on this board and meet many of you.
  1. Welcome Ludwig! Sadly activity around here has been pretty quiet lately, but hopefully there will be some good talks for you to take part in sooner rather than later. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2020
    Welcome!
    Kazoo
  2. Yeah, welcome!
    Well, since you are into classical music, there is of course a namesake jubilarian, that we can expect to hear a lot about this year. smile

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorblondheim
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2020
    Hello, I just found this site looking through old threads and I'd join up. Nice to meet you. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA.
  3. Nice to meet you, man! smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2020
    Hi blondheim! Saw you over on JWFAN. Congratulations on finding the best film music messageboard on the internet, even if it's not what it used to be in terms of activity.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2020
    Welcome to the forum!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2020
    Hello!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Hi all. Finally got round to joining this site. I believe I've met a few of you online, seems a great group of folk smile looking forward to the discussions!
  5. Hey, Jim!! Lovely to see you here!
  6. bigjimwilson wrote
    Hi all. Finally got round to joining this site. I believe I've met a few of you online, seems a great group of folk smile looking forward to the discussions!

Hi Jim. Welcome.

You won't be overrun by the frequency of comments posted but we are a friendly bunch.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. bigjimwilson wrote
    Hi all. Finally got round to joining this site. I believe I've met a few of you online, seems a great group of folk smile looking forward to the discussions!

Cool to see you here, better late than never wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2020 edited
    Great! Another booming podcast voice that makes my own meek and pointless! For Odin!

But seriously, great to see you here, Jim.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. haha. I've just got a louder mic than you, that's all smile

Lovely to be here guys. Thanks for the warm welcome. Aren't you lovely smile
  9. Greetings to old and new friends:
    I am an old user, now aged (not past prime), long extinct, now returned in the form of peat.

I have missed you all and look forward to the continued gleaming of your wisdom and finer tastes.
    I hope you all are well.

Best Regards,
    GT
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2021
    Messageboards are swarmed by spambots these days, and it's often not easy to tell which are legitimate people and which are bots, but I hope you are a real person! Welcome back -- and may I ask what your previous username was?
    I am extremely serious.
  10. He's Omaha smile
  11. Hi, Pawel. Hi, Thor.
    Hope all is well.
  12. Hey Omaha rings a bell, welcome back then man
  13. Greetings, I'm Jurassic Shark. I've been lurking here from time to time, and decided to join because JWFan is censoring political content.
  14. Hello. I'm 29 and live in Belgium. Was driven here after the John Williams Fan Network refused to speak out against the war in Ukraine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2022 edited
    Welcome, the both of you -- to the best film music messageboard on the interweb (that sadly has declined somewhat in posting activity in the last 6-7 years or so -- but never too late to reverse).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2022
    bollemanneke wrote
    Hello. I'm 29 and live in Belgium. Was driven here after the John Williams Fan Network refused to speak out against the war in Ukraine.

Welcome. Lots of Belgian members here.
    Kazoo
  15. Thor wrote
    Welcome, the both of you -- to the best film music messageboard on the interweb (that sadly has declined somewhat in posting activity in the last 6-7 years or so -- but never too late to reverse).

Wish to be able to revive the activity as well, if only by writing more reviews. But still don't have the energy for it. first get my life in order

Anyway, greetings you you all, en voor de Belgen onder ons. Welkom smile
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2022
    Don't bother, since you, cliche mode, only grant each score 3 stars.
  16. Joep wrote
    Don't bother, since you, cliche mode, only grant each score 3 stars.

The Glimmer Man isn't a 3 star score smile
  17. Welcome Sade, please share whatever you want about music or the effect it has in films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2022
    I'm not sure if Sade is a spambot or not (looking at her profile).
    I am extremely serious.
  18. Thor wrote
    I'm not sure if Sade is a spambot or not (looking at her profile).

I was thinking of Sade when we spoke of this on the chat.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn