• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007
    Hi Gt (how do you pronounce THAT? shocked )
    Good to have you onboard.
    wave

Wassup!

Hmmm, I think the opposite of down, but it's all a matter of perspective, really.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thanks for the welcome.

I tend to think either the sky, or the roof.
    It really all depends on my postion at the time.
  1. omaha wrote
    Wassup! I'm Gt.
    I'm a huge score fan!

I've gained knowledge of this site through Thomas.
    I was an avid reader of a score site of his.

Glad to join the community! wink

Nice site by the way.
    Honor to be a member of it!

Hehe, there's my buddy Gardner wink
    now all the people who ever visited my site have joined this community

I'm glad I could offer MainTitles 3 members biggrin
    Good to see ya buddy smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And all welcome wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorCeidon
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007
    did i hear something about a Glass festival?? how was it man? spin wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007
    Hello everyone

I'm new to this board. Used to lurk around at scorereviews.com, but never registered or posted anything.
    But after listening addictively to Frederic Talgorn's stuff for couple of days and seeing no discussion on this board about him, I felt a strong impulse to say something about him. ---Then there goes my first post. smile Hopefully there will be many more in the future:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007
    Hey, welcome aboard!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Hey there, let me introduce myself. I'm the brother of tommy_boy. At one point we were both fanatic about film music, but I have deviated a little, and my interest for new film music has disappeared a lot, for reasons that are too diverse to explain, though I still enjoy and regularly listen to the classic stuff (Williams, Goldsmith, Horner, Zimmer). And I don't normally post a lot on soundtrack related forums, rarely did so in the past, but seeing this is shaping to be like a likeable community I may have something to say now and then.

I particularly enjoy lots of varied musical styles, from orchestral stuff to metal, from solid rock to current dance or pop tunes, I love good vocal performers in most musical styles and I like the music from the 80s a lot. Yes, I am that old!! But I don't give a crap about rap... sorry! It all boils down to: if it sounds catchy, melodic or downright cool, then I can grow to like it. I do have a nice growing selection of Videogame music as well, most of which I enjoy more than the current batch of film scores, but that's just my taste.

Anyway this was my way to saying hello to the community. I may not become the most active poster here, quite the opposite in fact, but if I need to write my opinion I will not hesitate. So cheerio to all, and have a nice christmas.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2007
    Woah, a Dream Theater fan? That's SOOOOOO alright with me wink Welcome aboard! punk wave
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Hey there, let me introduce myself. I'm the brother of tommy_boy. At one point we were both fanatic about film music, but I have deviated a little, and my interest for new film music has disappeared a lot, for reasons that are too diverse to explain, though I still enjoy and regularly listen to the classic stuff (Williams, Goldsmith, Horner, Zimmer). And I don't normally post a lot on soundtrack related forums, rarely did so in the past, but seeing this is shaping to be like a likeable community I may have something to say now and then.

I particularly enjoy lots of varied musical styles, from orchestral stuff to metal, from solid rock to current dance or pop tunes, I love good vocal performers in most musical styles and I like the music from the 80s a lot. Yes, I am that old!! But I don't give a crap about rap... sorry! It all boils down to: if it sounds catchy, melodic or downright cool, then I can grow to like it. I do have a nice growing selection of Videogame music as well, most of which I enjoy more than the current batch of film scores, but that's just my taste.

Anyway this was my way to saying hello to the community. I may not become the most active poster here, quite the opposite in fact, but if I need to write my opinion I will not hesitate. So cheerio to all, and have a nice christmas.

finally, you arrived biggrin
    that took time big brother wink

now welcome into another world, glad to have you here
    let the games begin smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2007 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Woah, a Dream Theater fan? That's SOOOOOO alright with me wink Welcome aboard! punk wave

Yeah, and not that long, a few months actually, somebody at work gave me a CD of DT and man, I was instantly hooked!! Awesome band!

Heya tommy, yep better late than never!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome DreamTheater wave

So many of us here have diverse musical taste, check out the 'Now Playing off topic' thread cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wroteI particularly enjoy lots of varied musical styles, from orchestral stuff to metal, from solid rock to current dance or pop tunes, I love good vocal performers in most musical styles and I like the music from the 80s a lot.

And because of that, I like YOU. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorNick
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007 edited
    Why the heck I'm introducing myself, I don't know...

I was a former scorereviews member but was viciously hated for certain views, so I left it behind for good. I spend all my 'film music' related time on the Hornershrine, as a co-administrator of the forum. All that means is I delete would-be spammers.

I'm no fan of film music forums in general, because I hate the levels of snobbery and hatred associated with them. I myself got caught up in that nonsense which was the reason I left scorereviews because I needed to change my tune, so to speak. I read this forum and the FSM forum from time to time, but that's as far as it goes.

All other online time is spent on Home Theater Forum and DVDTalk, as I'm a nut about that stuff.

I enjoy most film music as I hear it, but collect Horner's music primarily.

There are certain styles composers have that I don't like, but that doesn't prevent me from outright ignoring all of said composer's music.

This is all off the top of my head, and I've run out of ideas on what to say....and yes, I do indeed see the irony in my saying that thank you very much.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007
    Nick, welcome aboard! I am strongly confident that you'll find yourself this community is nothing like what you describe / remember. Enjoy your stay, have fun and let us hear you wink

Cheers
    Demetris
  4. Hi Nick. Welcome.

It's a shame that your experiences with scorereviews were so negative - hopefully your time here will be better. What part of the world are you from? Just in case I have any home theatre questions...I've always toyed with the idea of investing in a better speaker system but have always talked myself out of it. Maybe it will happen in 2008!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Welcome Nick. Horner is - sure as hell - one of the most critisized composers ever, I guess. That doesn´t mean that he isn´t able to write fantastic scores that carry each and every movie he scores with ease. I used to love his eighties work deeply, admired some of his nineties work, and enjoy some of his recent doings. I´m waiting for something spectacular happening, and I expect this to be Avatar. We´ll see...

But the way he is bashed is kind of unfair. It´s true, he is a bit repetitive in his style, but hell, that´s his style. If you want a Horner, you get one. That´s more that you can ask of some other composers whose work is less guided by continuous quality.

I greet every fan of Horner around here.
    • CommentAuthorNick
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Hi Nick. Welcome.

It's a shame that your experiences with scorereviews were so negative - hopefully your time here will be better. What part of the world are you from? Just in case I have any home theatre questions...I've

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Seems no one noticed the minor joke about "running out of things to say". Oh well.

I'm in Canada. Spent 4 months training at a high-end electronics store learning home theater installation.

I have a limited perception of "outsider's " opinions of the Hornershrine, except for a couple of comments on other boards like it being 'creepy' or something. However, compare that to the infamous JWFan board, and Horner fans are NOWHERE near as unreasonably devoted. Not to mention mean, not towards Horner fans, but well, everyone including each other...that's one forum I'll never browse again.

P.S. Not sure if it's relevant, as I don't know how anyone feels about this, but I can indeed hear and enjoy Elfman's 'Spider-Man' themes.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hiya Nick wave

What do you think of the on-going Horner / Prokofiev contr......sorry I jest cheesy

I enjoy a huge output of Horner's work, a composer I noticed more or less from his film music beginnings.

Welcome

Tim smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nick wrote

P.S. Not sure if it's relevant, as I don't know how anyone feels about this, but I can indeed hear and enjoy Elfman's 'Spider-Man' themes.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Well how dare you! There are no themes in Spider-Man, and if there were, they're not very good! angry

wink

I jest also. Jesting is good, clears the pores... or something. Anyway, welcome t'forum fellow Horner fan! wave

P.S. Horner is my third favourite composer for film, and I couldn't care less that he reuses themes... I actually enjoy picking them out. I still get excited by each new Horner score.

Just wanted to throw that out there. wink
    • CommentAuthorNick
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2007
    Steven wrote

Well how dare you! There are no themes in Spider-Man, and if there were, they're not very good! angry

wink

I think I'm a little biased because I've listened to the main titles for all 3 movies so often (to note the differences in performance, and I deconstructed them by using the 5.1 mix of the DVD's audio tracks so I could hear the specific groups of instruments isolated)
    so they've grown on me quite a bit.

Plus, that Doc Ock theme is catchy!
    • CommentAuthorRexor
    Hi There!!

Glad to see this new forum. As a soundtrack fanatic, I was a great fan of the Radio Sountrack F-M website. Looking forward to this forum.

See ya ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    All hail Rexor. smile
    Welcome aboard, chum!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Rexor wrote
    Hi There!!

Glad to see this new forum. As a soundtrack fanatic, I was a great fan of the Radio Sountrack F-M website. Looking forward to this forum.

See ya ;-)

Hey, that's my old website, I'm Thomas Glorieux smile
    Glad to have you here
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Rexor wrote
    Hi There!!

See ya ;-)

wave

Tim
    • CommentAuthordjdave
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008
    I'm new to maintitles, but I used to be a member of scorereviews. I didn't post often - rarely, in fact - but I liked to browse people's comments. I've started buying film music again so I should - hopefully - have things to comment on in future. Good luck to the new site and thanks to the old site for being there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hi!

Welcome aboard. wave
    Kazoo
  6. djdave wrote
    I'm new to maintitles, but I used to be a member of scorereviews. I didn't post often - rarely, in fact - but I liked to browse people's comments. I've started buying film music again so I should - hopefully - have things to comment on in future. Good luck to the new site and thanks to the old site for being there.

djdave from Warrington?

wave
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Welcome dj, hope to see you posting more here smile
    • CommentAuthordjdave
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008 edited
    That's right, Alan. wave Hello, to Bregt and Demetris as well. wave I've got some stuff on order - some I already know from the films, some I'm taking pot luck with - so I'll give you my thoughts on them.