• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007 edited
    Yes...We all are new here. crazy

But I mean I see a lot of Unfamiliar names, Who is not comming from Scorereviews.com? Who Is new in this community?

(and Where is RudiVöler????)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    I'm here, Jordi. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Nautilus wrote
    Yes...We all are new here. crazy

But I mean I see a lot of Unfamiliar names, Who is not comming from Scorereviews.com? Who Is new in this community?

(and Where is RudiVöler????)

Think quite a few have dropped their old usernames in favour of their real names, and that that's part of the explanation.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That is a good thread! I'd suggest too that people who come from SR and have changed their usernames, might give us a trick or two in order to learn the new ones, if they want smile LIke Scribe is Matt_Lambertson for instance and if i am not mistaken shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Wow...a lot of people leave their nick and (finally) go for their real names... but Matt moves in reverse?
    confused

Why, Matt? Why?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't like nicknames either; that's down to personal choices i guess but still, i'd love it if all had their real names on instead. I still feel like simultaneously congratulating those who did go the real names' route for MT! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm especially curious who hides between the truly offkilter monniker of "Grimble Gromble"...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Steve aka the moontrekker, aka moonie, and of course Goldsmith Rules!! work at a theme park called Busch Gardens, love my filmscores!! Hello to all. been into filmscores for more than 30 years and still going strong.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  1. Yeah going by my real name on this board... Really haven't said much on many filmscore boards in a LONG time where I would have been Brian99_1. I was registered at Scorereviews.com but didn't have many posts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice to see you posting here Jeremy, let's change things a bit in MT as to your previous posts' ration then!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas wrote
    I'm here, Jordi. dizzy

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    Martijn wrote
    Wow...a lot of people leave their nick and (finally) go for their real names... but Matt moves in reverse?
    confused

Why, Matt? Why?

I was thinking about that, if I should go for my real name this time... But ultimately, I decided to stick with the old screen name - it has been me for so long now that I would miss it otherwise. smile And, I am still Manwe on goldenscores, so I'd better be consistent.
    - What matters is the music -
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I've been a lurker on scorereviews but never posted there, so here's a first time! I'm also at streamingsoundtracks.

Whenever I've been blown away by a non-mainstream score and googled to see who else knows about it, it's usually the folks on this site who show up in the searches. smile

Congrat's for carrying on with the site!

BP
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Welcome!

You'll have the fun of your life here soon!
    Joep will be our non-mainstream score reviewer!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    I've been a lurker on scorereviews but never posted there, so here's a first time! I'm also at streamingsoundtracks.

Whenever I've been blown away by a non-mainstream score and googled to see who else knows about it, it's usually the folks on this site who show up in the searches. smile

Congrat's for carrying on with the site!

BP

Welcome BP wave

I look forward to getting to know you? I guess your familiar with some of us already??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    Another person who lurked at ScoreReviews wave I posted the first time just to say thanks for setting this site up as a "home" after Score Reviews shut down. I'm not as knowledgeable as most of you here about film scores, but my music collection includes a lot of film score music, and I find a lot of wonderful recommendations from the forum posts (it can get expensive to read some of the threads smile )
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Hi!

I am new here!

I love James Newton Howard, Joe Hisaishi and Taro Iwashiro. I love emotional music and I consider filmmusic one of the best art there is today.

Can I stay? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    On probation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Excellent! When can I start?

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    On probation.

Still?

Doesn't surprise me! rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Glad to have so many new people here. Please don't be drawn-back by the "i don't know as much as you guys" sentiments. We are looking forward to hear each and everyone's opinions for good debating around here, as much as we are awaiting the well-known members' ones so don't hold back even for a single moment!

So, again welcome aboard and let your voice be heard! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    I also came from Scorereviews but hardly posted, mostly read to keep up with new scores. I'm glad the legacy can continue here, and I hope it's a big success!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And we hope you post more wink All of you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cristian wrote
    Excellent! When can I start?

biggrin

Dear friend, you already have. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndy
    Wow, it's great to see that so many scorereviews.com members have decided to join the discussions here. Actually, this site already feels just like home - but with a new look, of course. smile
    Cookie monster
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I wish that real names and/or country of origin were mandatory fields when registering, though.
    There's a couple of semi-familiar faces I just can't place... slant
  2. I'd like to say that it's great that people who were "lurkers" over at scorereviews.com have decided to take the opportunity presented with the start of maintitles.net to become active (and valued) contributors to this fledgling site.

beer

BTW, this was the first time that I had switched on my computer and started up my browser and not be met by scorereviews.com - for a fraction of a second it was a bit disorientating.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It'll take me some considerable time to be broken off my habit of starting to type www.sco... first thing in the day. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    I wish that real names and/or country of origin were mandatory fields when registering, though.
    There's a couple of semi-familiar faces I just can't place... slant

Me too. I hate it when i click on someone's profile and read "n/a's". I give you 'till the end of next week people to have complete profiles with names and photos AT LEAST! Then, it's kill

wink