• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Barely noticed and totally excellent is KARAOKE / COLD LAZARUS by Christopher Gunning, I really can't imagine any fan of Jerry Golsmith not liking Cold Lazarus in particular which has a strong hint of JG's style from Total Recall, especially the track The Mutant.

I'll sign that one. Great album.

And has anyone here heard or even have Martin Kiszko's ALIEN EMPIRE? This is music for a sci-fi epic but is actually the music for a BBC series about insects, played by the Munich Symphony and conducted by Harry Rabinowitz, this is fantastic music cool

You've been touting this one for at least 10 years. I should really check it out some day, as I should all those BBC nature series. They have some great music by Fenton and others.

Cripes yeah! shocked I remember raving on about Alien Empire on the old FSM board, it's a real shame barely any of those old threads are available anymore. sad

p.s. I just remembered it was me who sent you the Gunning album wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Thor, I'd really recommend ( and Martijn will back me big time on this ) Benjamin Bartlett's WALKING WITH DINOSAURS or, ( even arguably better ) WALKING WITH BEASTS where the album is padded out with a fine selection from 'Dinosaurs', superlative scoring and easily in my top 50 all time albums.

^
    and this Thor, ever heard it / them?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I would like to mention TaleSpin by Christopher L. Stone. Really underrated score (currently only available as a promo).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor, I'd really recommend ( and Martijn will back me big time on this ) Benjamin Bartlett's WALKING WITH DINOSAURS or, ( even arguably better ) WALKING WITH BEASTS where the album is padded out with a fine selection from 'Dinosaurs', superlative scoring and easily in my top 50 all time albums.

^
    and this Thor, ever heard it / them?

Nope, although I saw bits and pieces of the series when they were shown on Norwegian TV. Can't remember much of the music, I'm afraid.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's exceptional music and works better on CD with the varied motifs and themes well developed, in the series it's quite chopped up.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Barely noticed and totally excellent is KARAOKE / COLD LAZARUS by Christopher Gunning, I really can't imagine any fan of Jerry Golsmith not liking Cold Lazarus in particular which has a strong hint of JG's style from Total Recall, especially the track The Mutant.

And has anyone here heard or even have Martin Kiszko's ALIEN EMPIRE? This is music for a sci-fi epic but is actually the music for a BBC series about insects, played by the Munich Symphony and conducted by Harry Rabinowitz, this is fantastic music cool

I found both of these CDs for about £5 on Amazon, so I'll treat myself for Christmas.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote

I should really give this one a spin. You have been talking about it for so long!

One hidden gem is Dogora by Etienne Perruchon. Big choir and some slavic influence in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fc6qjCV … re=related and no helmets smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMutzka … re=related
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    Tintin wrote
    One hidden gem is Dogora by Etienne Perruchon. Big choir and some slavic influence in there.

Awesome, infectious score! So much joy and celebration!
  2. Marty Stuart's All The Pretty Horses
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Talos wrote
    Night Crossing (Goldsmith)

Where did you get this? I need a copy bad!

Oh, sorry I bought it 12 years or so ago, the expanded version from Intrada. Didn't know it is OOP. If you can find it somewhere get it! Its a blast!!!
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010
    BhelPuri wrote
    Tintin wrote

Awesome, infectious score! So much joy and celebration!

The CD Tcikidan is the follow up to the music of Dogora. It is written in the same style but this time, it is with a children choir.

Possibility to listen to the full disc at musicme.com
    It is also available on itunes.

Here is a video of the making of the score:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcjdfz … ic?start=1
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010
    Thanks for the Tchikidan video. Looks very cool.
    I did listen to half the album on MusicMe. It's nice but I like Dogora better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010
    BhelPuri wrote
    It's nice but I like Dogora better.

Agreed.
    I frigging love that score, but then I'm a complete sucker for that Slavic sound (especially the more melancholic variant, not that festive, wildly jumping-up-and-down kind). Dogora is gorgeous in that respect.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn