• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Didn't see this topic created already, so I thought I would.

Anyway, today's morning wake-me-up-music was Jerry Goldsmith's First Blood which I've come to appreciate more and more since first getting it some years back. The action music is excellent, and I must admit, a bit shamefacedly, that I'm actually sort of partial to "It'a a Long Road" biggrin
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wakey wakey with First Blood? Man you're hardcore! dizzy wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wakey wakey with First Blood? Man you're hardcore! dizzy wink

No, I just REALLY needed something to wake me up biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007
    I'm afraid I don't listen to music while I'm going to work or going anywhere. Not only because it's too early in the morning, but also because I don't like to walk around in public without all my senses intact. I'll save my listening for more "calm" and/or private situations - at home, on long-distance train/bus travels and so forth.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I use to listen some of these tracks:

It's only Gold
    Sand Volcano
    Drink Up me Hearties
    Miami International
    Tangiers
    Mona LIsa Overdrive
    Victory Celebration/ End Title.
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    On my way to work it was a Quebecoise folk cd, but on the way home it was Pozner's French Revolution.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007 edited
    On my way to work yesterday morning: Alien (the new Intrada release) and my way back yesterday evening... Mysterious Island. A week before I listened to a rare song OST (normally I don't care about non-orchestral OSTs), The Last Dragon. It has some nice songs from the '80s with some cheesy lyrics.

Two weeks ago, I played First Blood as well, love the score, especially the herioc parts and the main and end titles, LOVE the song!

Anyway... this is what I have currently on my MP3 player:

Mysterious Island (the new re-recording, its great)
    Total Recall deluxe (THE score that started it all for me, back in 1990)
    Alien new release
    Weapons over Normandy 2 cd
    The Grudge 2
    The film music of Ron Goodwin (recommended!)
    The Swarm (love to whistle along with the end titles)
    El Cid (great to whistle along note for note)
    First Blood
    The adventures of Robin Hood
    Constantine promo
    The Last Dragon

As you can see all these scores cover quite a lot of different moods... hehe.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well it's a fat journey to work for me every morning (an hour and a half almost). Yesterday I got through the whole of The Bourne Ultimatum in all it's crapness, but today I got through the majority of The Bourne Supremacy in all it's uberness. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007 edited
    I´m still chained to a lousy tape deck when driving, and since I´m too lazy to make new tapes, I´m still playing that tape with my personal highlights from 2005/06 (it´s REALLY time to do a 2007 one), the old Silva Potter sampler (1-4; there´s a new 2 CD one coming with 1-5), Potter 5, Pirates 3, Transformers 1 and D-Wars. *sigh* I had Lair with me for some time and played it again and again, but now the tape rests here to get Guild Wars on it. Just out of boredom, I took one of my very, very old tape samplers with me. It gave me things like Enemy Mine, Das Boot, Hoosiers, Temple of Doom, ST II... you get the picture...
    • CommentAuthorLéon
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
    I really need some sweet and light music in the mornings, so usually it's something by Rachel Portman, Gabriel Yared or some score that fits into that "easy listening"-category. At the end of a hard day's work I really need some energy, so then I need some music like Cutthroat Island or some adventure score by John Williams or James Newton Howard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    The Musketeer - David Arnold
    I almost never pull out this score, always thinking it's one of those "blah" ones, but I keep being surprised how enjoyable it really turns out to be! (Thank God for short term memory loss, eh? wink )
    It's completely action packed, and displays most pleasurable levels of both swashing and buckling!

4 out of 5, especially when enjoyed durig a 45 minute bike trip home through the cold, dark and rain.
    punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. I recently have few albums repeated ad libitum:
    Nightwish - Once
    M. Giacchino - Medal of Honor
    M. Giacchino - Medal of Honor: Underground

The others I have are Frontline (MoH) and Revell's Negotiator, but I never kinda get there : biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Tuesday for me was primarily The Thing by Ennio Morricone. A bleak and desolate listen, but a score that I really, really like. An acquired taste, I suppose, but I find it excellent in its completely uncompromising approach. Too bad so little of the music is actually used in the film.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Wednesday (to work, and imagine the other way too): Titus - Elliot Goldenthal. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Tuesday - The Bourne Supremacy - John Powell

Listening to Bim Bam Smash whilst driving is probably highly dangerous.

Wednesday - Eastern Promises - Howard Shore

Unfortunately, this made my wet, grey journey to work even more depressing than usual. I definitely need to pick something more fun tomorrow!
    • CommentAuthorRick
    To AND from work

a compilation (including)

Dr Who (John Debney)
    Shrek
    Spiderman
    Lost In Space (Broughton)
    Fantastic Four
    Stripes
    Timeline
    The Man from Snowy River
    Cool Runnings
    Superman Returns
    X-Men III

and others

PS - I think my I-Pod is making me deaf

smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007 edited
    Mogens wrote
    Tuesday for me was primarily The Thing by Ennio Morricone. A bleak and desolate listen, but a score that I really, really like. An acquired taste, I suppose, but I find it excellent in its completely uncompromising approach. Too bad so little of the music is actually used in the film.

The THing is a fantastic score! punk

I've only ever listened to the radio to and from work. ( news, traffic, weather )

When I've cycled to work I've NEVER listened to anything.....I like all my senses on alert.

And there you have the reasons why I've barely ever contributed to this thread.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jim Ware wrote

Tell me about it. I'm an erratic driver at the best of times, so imagine what a cue like that does!? shocked shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Jim Ware wrote

Tell me about it. I'm an erratic driver at the best of times, so imagine what a cue like that does!? shocked shame

>> shame << too right slant

I don't think anyone should drive playing music that pumps them up!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nah, I'm not really that bad. I'm actually at my calmest when I drive, something to do with 'being in control' I guess.

Though put me on a bike and I'll soon open the throttle. (Lucky I don't listen to music on a bike really. dizzy )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Nah, I'm not really that bad. I'm actually at my calmest when I drive, something to do with 'being in control' I guess.

Though put me on a bike and I'll soon open the throttle. (Lucky I don't listen to music on a bike really. dizzy )

Fair dos! smile
  2. Mogens wrote

The Thing is a great score to listen to. I can't think of a better example than some of the music contained on this CD.

I watched some of the movie on TV last night and thought that when they find the ice block in the Norwegian base it was slightly over scored!! I need to go and lie down for a while!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    Desplat's Lust, Caution on the way to work this morning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSirCaledor
    Cleopatra - Trevor Jones

After reading the enthusiastic expanded review over at filmtracks.com I decided to give this one a spin after what seemed like ages since I last listened to it. And what a shame! It's a great score, with a typically bold Trevor Jones main theme and some emotional underscore. I wasn't too fond of the New Age sound at times, but luckily, Jones managed to bring in the orchestra before it became too...New Age!

Anyway, if you haven't listened to this score for a while, I think you should give it a spin soon. It's worth it!
  3. I think Cleopatra is a bit overrated. Though I like it, I find that the main theme is featured much too prominently in nearly every track. A little diversity could have helped.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSirCaledor
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I think Cleopatra is a bit overrated. Though I like it, I find that the main theme is featured much too prominently in nearly every track. A little diversity could have helped.

It's not a five star score. But it's soo worth a listen.
  4. Agreed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSirCaledor
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007 edited
    Ivanhoe - Miklos Rozsa (re-recording by Bruce Broughton)

This morning, I listened to Rozsa's truly wonderful score to Ivanhoe. The score is full of themes: An epic fanfare for Ivanhoe, a noble theme for Rowena, a passionate theme for Rebecca (easily the highlight of the score). The Broughton re-recording is top-notch and made me appreciate this score even more.

I read in another topic that some of you don't connect with Broughton's music...at least give his Rozsa re-recrodings a chance...unless you don't like Rozsa's music either.
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007
    This morning I listened to Alatriste by Roque Banos. I'm about 1/3 through, and so far it is a little too minimalist for my taste, but I'll see what the rest of the cd is like on my way home.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007
    Today was the Utapau Chase music from Revenge Of The Sith. That has got to be some of the most energetic and exciting action music I've EVER heard. And I'm completly serious when I say that's ALL I listened to on the way to work. All I have listened to today is that cue plus some of the opening tracks of The Golden Compass.