• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorWDWGuy08
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008
    Hello All,

My friend has been working on a fansite for Steve Jablonsky for the past few months and after all this time, it's finally online and live. For now it's just a fan site but mhis goal is to try to get it to become his official site. If you enjoy the composer and his music, be sure to sign up at the boards and pass the word
    along to your friends about the site.

www.stevejablonskyonline.com

Thanks
  1. Dan, don't you host and official Jablonsky site?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Sweet! I have registered on the forum...there needs to be more Jablonsky-love in this world.

A brief google search does not reveal an existing Jablonsky site...at least in english...

But speaking of composer's official sites...how many years is Zimmer's official site going to be "coming soon" for?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Dan, don't you host and official Jablonsky site?

No....
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    There, I have seeded a few discussions in the forum...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Scribe wrote
    there needs to be more Jablonsky-love in this world.

You're being ironic, right?.... right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    No I am not.
  2. Supported.

Even the most stubborn haters will have to admit that Steamboy is a fantastic classic adventure score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And THE ISLAND
    And D-WARS punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Well, they are great scores for the one half of the community, the other will hate them. i mean, do I have to mention Transformers?

That´s why I thought Steamboy might remind some people that he did some strong old school stuff as well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Supported.

Even the most stubborn haters will have to admit that Steamboy is a fantastic classic adventure score.

It's pretty good! I enjoy it but it's not what I would call "classic".
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's okay. And I'm not sure whether Ralph's comment was directed at me, but I'm far from a Jablonsky hater. I'm just not a Jablonsky lover. Not all opinions are black and white.
  4. I aimed my comment at nobody specifically, but to all people who would comment negatively on Jablonsky because of his modern scores; that´s why I wanted to remind them on Steamboy. It was a shot ahead, so to say.

And when I said classic I meant a real orchestra without too much synth enhancement, the use of old-style action stuff, as well as the development of a great and proper theme over the course of the whole score. Certainly very different from the modern stuff Jablonsky does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steamboy is certainly quite an entertaining score as far as I remember (it was more than a year ago I listened to it), and I love his score to Transformers. But it doesn't take the kind of composing skill to be found in the higher ends of modern composing skills to create what Jablonsky had produced thus far. I'm a fan of some of his music, but not really of the composer himself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh oh oh and TRANSFORMERS, i forgot about that. Kinda dull during the first half on cd but after that it's pure hell! Big Jablonsky lover me punk
  5. And seemingly Master Yoda you biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    shame
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008
    Is the website hack proof?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008
    Nice! Will join soon biggrin