• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, like we haven't already gotten enough giants this year. dizzy

Their response will be something along the lines of

'Seriously Thomas, you need cash to buy soundtracks? The actual music from a film???' vomit face-palm-mt
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah, like we haven't already gotten enough giants this year. dizzy

Their response will be something along the lines of

'Seriously Thomas, you need cash to buy soundtracks? The actual music from a film???' vomit face-palm-mt

yeah, like a bank knows what track a sound makes face-palm-mt
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    Hah! Wouldn't it be easier to wish for this batch to have scores that you won't need to buy? I'm happy with the last few club releases... none of them were things I needed to spend $$ on.
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    Hah! Wouldn't it be easier to wish for this batch to have scores that you won't need to buy? I'm happy with the last few club releases... none of them were things I needed to spend $$ on.

NO, because there are still several I really want, and I don't have patience, not anymore smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    Please let there be no Ennio, Pino, Georges or John Scott in this batch! spin
  4. I predict:

A requested Goldsmith title
    A North title
    Maybe a Bernstein or Conti
    Something obscure; already know they are workign on Paul McCartny's score to "The Family Way" (was that the film name?), so it didn't come out last batch, maybe this batch.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009 edited
    And the cds for Dec 7th club releases are-

Bird Of Paradise / Lydia Bailey - Daniele Amfitheatrof, Hugo Friedhofer
    Revolution - John Corigliano
    Freud: The Deluxe Edition - Jerry Goldsmith
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Really pleased to see the Corigliano score released! Will be getting Freud too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    No idea about any of those so I'll check samples and decide.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Freud is one of the few Goldsmith scores I've never heard. I really like Friedhofer, but can't afford to buy the full house this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Revolution is not a limited edition? Varese says it will be available in stores. Typo?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yes, says it will be a regular release next year, they're just making it available early in the Club.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote
    Yes, says it will be a regular release next year, they're just making it available early in the Club.

Same as they did with Jerry Goldsmith rejected score for "Timeline".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Alright, the Friedhofer sounds nice indeed but not a must buy for me. The Corigliano I will get later. I'll wait on the Jerry. Yay! I saved money now! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I'm really relieved that I don't have to spend money on these! smile
  5. Southall wrote
    Really pleased to see the Corigliano score released! Will be getting Freud too.

I've heard both Revolution and Freud before. Corigliano's score has had only one listen - ever. Freud is a definite buy - a great early score that, hopefully, will sound better than the Tsunami CD.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. I think I'll skip these. Early Goldsmith has never been able to win me over.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Pity! Was really looking forward to some neat stuff... but those three scores don't really do anything to me... skip!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

I'm glad to hear that because it means I can save money.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The REVOLUTION release is awesome, and if I have ANY pennies left I can use, I'll use them on that. Corigliano was Goldenthal's mentor and there are a lot of things going on in his music that remind me of Goldenthal.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    The REVOLUTION release is awesome, and if I have ANY pennies left I can use, I'll use them on that. Corigliano was Goldenthal's mentor and there are a lot of things going on in his music that remind me of Goldenthal.

I've always wanted Revolution but seeing as it's not a limited release I can wait a bit.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

I've always wanted Revolution but seeing as it's not a limited release I can wait a bit.

Yeah, same here.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. I'll pass for now, for me other labels have given me much more stuff I was looking for, no matter how interesting a Goldsmith effort always sounds like
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    As I said earlier my money is going toward the Rozsa box.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  8. Place holder.

:D
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  9. And here are the new Varese CD club releases:

Midway Music by John Williams
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Limited Edition of 3000 copies - CDs will begin shipping the week of October 24.
    Price: $19.98

----------------

Alfred Hitchcock Hour, The: Volume 2 Music by Bernard Herrmann
    Original Television Soundtrack

Limited Edition of 2000 copies - CDs will begin shipping the week of October 24.
    Price: $32.98

----------------

Mimic: The Deluxe Edition Music by Marco Beltrami

Limited Edition of 1000 copies - CDs will begin shipping the week of October 24.

----------------

The Karate Kid: Part II Music by Bill Conti

Limited Edition of 1000 copies - CDs will begin shipping the week of October 24.
  10. Mimic is surely a worthy one, one of Beltrami's best
    Midway I don't know anything of, but it is Williams, so I'm assuming it is good

and they seem to continue to release The Karate Kid scores separately, so Part II definitely deserves to be here, it is the best of the series!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011
    Ooh! Mimic. Yeah, that's a good score, but the current release if fine by me!
    Kazoo
  11. In these money-conscious times I only plumped for the Herrmann. I have copies of Mimic and Midway that are already available and they will have to do. Mimic's only got a few interesting tracks and I have never really gotten into Midway much.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    In these money-conscious times I only plumped for the Herrmann. I have copies of Mimic and Midway that are already available and they will have to do. Mimic's only got a few interesting tracks and I have never really gotten into Midway much.

I agree that Herrmann's is the best of the four.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!