• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    I'm interested in the Hitchcock
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    While I own all of what Varese released in their new Encore Series I'm really happy that these long out of print CD's are being made available for people who missed them the first time! Bravo Varese!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I either have them or I'm not interested.

Pass.

Same here.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Updates on quantities of the recent Varese Club and their new spawn: "The Special Un-expanded Line of Scores You Wish Were Expanded":

"The Clan of the Cave Bear" (fewer than 150)

"Amazing Grace and Chuck" (fewer than 150)

"Eye of the Needle " (SOLD OUT)

"The Karate Kid: Part III " (fewer than 50)

"The Alfred Hitchcock Hour: Volume 3 " (fewer than 150)

"Chinatown" (fewer than 3,000)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Updates on quantities of the recent Varese Club and their new spawn: "The Special Un-expanded Line of Scores You Wish Were Expanded"

Seriously, people wish these were expanded? There are people out there whose blood is boiling because they can only enjoy 45 minutes of Elmer Bernstein's score for Amazing Grace and Chuck? (A score which is, incidentally, presented in its entirety on the CD.) There are people out there who want yet more embarrassing synth kitsch to add to that already on the Clan of the Cave Bear CD? I'd pay real money to erase the one experience I have of listening to that one.

I know that to a lot of people more = better, but spare a thought for the more discerning listener. This is, after all, not FSM.
  2. Well, I did get Chinatown.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. TCotC was part of the regular Club, as I recall, and therefore just a re-issue. "Chinatown" was not.

Though one could include John Scott's demos for TCotC.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012
    There is no doubt in my mind that Scott's score for Clan of The Cave Bear would have been far better than the wretched synth drival that Silvestri composed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012
    Southall wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Updates on quantities of the recent Varese Club and their new spawn: "The Special Un-expanded Line of Scores You Wish Were Expanded"

Seriously, people wish these were expanded? There are people out there whose blood is boiling because they can only enjoy 45 minutes of Elmer Bernstein's score for Amazing Grace and Chuck? (A score which is, incidentally, presented in its entirety on the CD.) There are people out there who want yet more embarrassing synth kitsch to add to that already on the Clan of the Cave Bear CD? I'd pay real money to erase the one experience I have of listening to that one.

I know that to a lot of people more = better, but spare a thought for the more discerning listener. This is, after all, not FSM.

I think Silvestri's score for CAVE BEAR is drop-dead GORGEOUS, especially the expansive main theme, but otherwise we're on the same page here.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. The new CD Club releases are:

"Die Hard 2" (Deluxe editon; 3,000 copies)
    "The Red Pony" (Goldsmith; 3,000 copies)
    "Enemy Mine" (Jarre; Deluxe editon; 1,500 copies)

"The Boy Who Could Fly " (1,000 copies; Encore line, not CD Club)
    "Man On Fire" (Scott; 1,000 copies; Encore line, not CD Club)

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … Categories
  5. I can't believe that there are none of those I want! Relieved though.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. I'm sure the Goldsmith one will sell out quicker than it took time to produce it, but no not wanting anything of it desperately
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012
    I bought them all! Very pleased to have the chance of getting the Scott and Broughton scores, the Goldsmith is borderline masterpiece territory (I have the bootleg of it with terrible sound - very excited to get a proper album) and I took a chance on the Jarre. Then I thought, well, I may as well get the Kamen too, even though I don't listen to the old album very much, which was probably silly of me but never mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012
    I was surprised to see Die Hard 2 appear today, I really hope this means Varese will revisit their 90's catalogue in later batches. I know Michael Kamen's music isn't to everyone's liking, but the Die Hard franchise (and even Lethal Weapon) I could not picture without his unique sound. I ordered Die Harder immediately alongside the alien concert dvd and Young's Sinister, can't wait to check these out smile
  7. Under 100 left of the Scott title.

Fewer than 100 of the Broughton.

Only about 300 of the Jarre.

No change in quantity amount of the other two.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012
    There's definitely been a change because I bought one copy of each of them.
  8. Speaking of Southall, here's Southall's old review of "The Red Pony":

http://www.movie-wave.net/titles/red_pony.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  9. Damn, seeing the low quantities made me panic and I just ordered them all. So much for limiting my spending after spending a fortune on holiday the last few weeks! Hope Die Hard 2 can sustain the length that I like Enemy Mine.
  10. John Chambers wrote
    Damn, seeing the low quantities made me panic and I just ordered them all. So much for limiting my spending after spending a fortune on holiday the last few weeks! Hope Die Hard 2 can sustain the length that I like Enemy Mine.

And we don't know what all the Black Friday La La Land Records titles are yet (only the TOS box is known; there's supposed to be two or three more). And the final FSM should hit sometimes soon.

And who knows what Intrada has cooked up for the end of the year. Your wallet is about to be destroyed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So their trick got you again wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I already have them.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012 edited
    None of those pike my interest either. Had the RED PONY boot for a while, and it was OK. I gave it away eventually, mostly because of the sound quality. I also had the old DIE HARD 2 album. The others I've heard here and there (whether suites or whole albums).
    I am extremely serious.
  11. And the two Encore releases are SOLD OUT.

That's a really good Scott score -- that should have been at least double the amount pressed. I hope Varese doesn't have the rights in perpetuity and that they revert back to the studio, so some other label can do another one.