• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008
    I bought the MGM Treasury Set and that is it for me for awhile ($144)
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Thomas ordered it for me!

Thank you! punk

anytime my friend. smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  1. Just ordered Matrix smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Just a quick question, I ordered two copies of The Matrix, will Varese now cancel one like when the Burbs came out? I got an e-mail saying they charged 2 copies, but time will tell if they actually send them both. Do they have a strict 1 item for 1 order policy because of the limitedness of these releases?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Do they have a strict 1 item for 1 order policy because of the limitedness of these releases?

I don't think that they have such a policy when CDs first go on release. When numbers get low, that's when limits begin to kick in...though I don't remember Varese limiting numbers before.

Even though I have a copy of the DVD rip to The Matrix I ordered the CD without hesitation. Along with Vamp and the Bernstein title. I felt that the 4 CDs from the first North and South was quite enough. And if the Alex North title is around sometime in the future I may pick this one up.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Do they have a strict 1 item for 1 order policy because of the limitedness of these releases?

I don't think that they have such a policy when CDs first go on release. When numbers get low, that's when limits begin to kick in...though I don't remember Varese limiting numbers before.

It happened with the Burbs, but that was my brother's order. I'll see how it turns out. I put the two CD release of Lost season 3 in there as well, just to make the order (and the wait) even more appealing.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008 edited
    I didn't get anything from this batch of Varese.
    I haven't had time to even open the first North & South box-set so I'm happy with what I have.
    The Elmer, North and Elias sounded OK but not must-buys for me.
    Matrix... ah well 3000 copies will last a while. Let's see if it will remain until the next Varese club releases.
  5. Since Varese announced earlier than usual, does that mean we might get another batch before year's end?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008
    MATRIX!!! All RIGHT! biggrin

Way to go Varese! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    any more Matrix cds left?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    They've got 3000.
    I'm sure there'll be one with your name on it. smile

(Can't really understand the fuss myself: with the three regular releases I think I have more than enough Matrix to sustain me to the end of my days, but hey-ho. It's good to see the enthusiasm.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not sure i am getting it, still thinking about it. How much is it again? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    About a million dollars.

(jeez, D. Do you dislike typing www.varesesarabande.com or something? wink )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    (jeez, D. Do you dislike typing www.varesesarabande.com or something? wink )

I am too addicted to maintitles.net to type anything else in the URL tab! Srsly shame
  6. Okay, more Varese goodies coming out tonight. I can only hope they don't sell out in hours, 'cause I'll be offline until 11 in the morning.

On your wallets...
    Get set to order...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009
    Hopefully it'll be some more modern scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Lonely Are The Brave
    Jerry Goldsmith
    3000 copies

The Right Stuff
    Bill Conti
    3000 copies

Norma Rae
    David Shire
    1500 copies

Hard Contract
    Alex North
    1000 copies

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I really enjoy the tracks I have of The Right Stuff (it's my own LP transfer), and would recommend the CD, I guess, but for me personally it's not that interesting a batch.

Thanks for the heads-up though, Erik.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Varese is killing me this time, The Right Stuff and Lonely are the Brave, OUCH my wallet!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I'm going to be ordering Lonely Are None but the Brave.

I hope, now that the big Conti title has been released, that Varèse will dedicate themselves to other composers, too.
  7. LONELY and RIGHT STUFF eh... I don't know if I could pass up either of those...
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  8. The Right Stuff is amazing, but wasn't there a good duo release with North and South? Was this really nessecary? I only heard the duo release so there might be awesome material missing
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    THE RIGHT STUFF....nice celebratory score, despite the obvious Holst pastiche (and others). I'm pleased with my old suite for now, but good to have it out in what looks to be a good album presentation.

LONELY ARE THE BRAVE...not for me, but I love it when they release the composer's earliest works. Gives me hope that we'll see Williams' DADDY-O some day.

HARD CONTRACT....never heard of it, I'm afraid.

NORMA RAE....never heard of it, I'm afraid.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The Right Stuff is amazing, but wasn't there a good duo release with North and South? Was this really nessecary? I only heard the duo release so there might be awesome material missing

The Right Stuff/North and South album was a re-recording with The London Symphony Orchestra (still one of the finest sounding albums I own). The Right Stuff suite about 20 minutes in length featuring 5 cues. The Varese Club release is music from the original soundtrack recording as assembled by Bill Conti for the canceled 1983 LP release.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The Right Stuff is amazing, but wasn't there a good duo release with North and South? Was this really nessecary? I only heard the duo release so there might be awesome material missing

The Right Stuff/North and South album was a re-recording with The London Symphony Orchestra (still one of the finest sounding albums I own). The Right Stuff suite about 20 minutes in length featuring 5 cues. The Varese Club release is music from the original soundtrack recording as assembled by Bill Conti for the canceled 1983 LP release.

-Erik-

ah, sounds good smile
    Thanks Erik wave
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Yes The Right Stuff was necessary. I just wonder why it wasn't longer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tjguitar wrote
    Yes The Right Stuff was necessary. I just wonder why it wasn't longer.

I have no idea how much music is in the movie but maybe all they had was this album assembly from Conti's archive. Who knows. And based on recent Varese releases we might never know. They don't go into much detail about that sort of info in the liner notes.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    "Old skool" Varese. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    Next batch of Varese soundtrack club cds will be on Dec 7th.

A holiday trio of Yuletide merriment will appear under the Varèse Sarabande Christmas tree on December 7. Get up early for something to celebrate.
  10. ow man, something tells me there will be a giant with this batch

I think I'm gonna ask for an advance payment of my paycheck, reason to buy soundtracks sir. And I know what they will answer then ... tongue