• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    I
    Martijn wrote
    Translated to European (i.e. non-baseball) terms: "almost done".

I learned today how much an influence that American baseball has had on my life.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    I also learned how little interest there can be in such a master and such a huge interest in something like Brokeback Mountain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I also learned how little interest there can be in such a master and such a huge interest in something like Brokeback Mountain.

I think that has more to do with the demographic here than anything else, Tom. I certainly wouldn't mind more discussion on BOTH Korngold AND BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    sdtom wrote

I think that has more to do with the demographic here than anything else, Tom. I certainly wouldn't mind more discussion on BOTH Korngold AND BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!

Me too, but I would have little to add to a Korngold discussion (it would be nice to read one, of course). It's inevitable that more people will talk about Brokeback Mountain. How many people here have seen it? And how many people have seen even a single film that Korngold scored? I must admit, I haven't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    sdtom wrote

Me too, but I would have little to add to a Korngold discussion (it would be nice to read one, of course). It's inevitable that more people will talk about Brokeback Mountain. How many people here have seen it? And how many people have seen even a single film that Korngold scored? I must admit, I haven't.

Neither have I, but I own quite a few Korngold soundtracks, so I could talk about them.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Seriously James - you haven't seen THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD at some point in your life? shocked
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited
    Oops...I misread James as in "who has seen EVERY Korngold film", not "any". Of course, I've seen ROBIN HOOD and bits and pieces of THE SEA HAWK.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Seriously James - you haven't seen THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD at some point in your life? shocked

A superb Hollywood swashbuckler, very well worth checking out James.

and the music ain't bad either wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    James you do bring up an interesting point about people not having seen the films, something I never considered before. When you put that variable into the equation I guess it makes perfect sense.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Part of the problem is that so many of the films aren't really too accessible, even the famous ones named by Thor and Franz. I don't really want to pay money to buy them (I can't imagine I would want to watch many of them very frequently) - and they're not often on TV.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Nice. I was trying to decide what to pick up from the school library for this weekend. I think I'll get the dvds of Sea Hawk and Robin Hood.

James,
    Isn't there something like Netflix for the UK?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    BhelPuri wrote
    Nice. I was trying to decide what to pick up from the school library for this weekend. I think I'll get the dvds of Sea Hawk and Robin Hood.

James,
    Isn't there something like Netflix for the UK?

There is. Have never used it though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    James you do bring up an interesting point about people not having seen the films, something I never considered before. When you put that variable into the equation I guess it makes perfect sense.
    Thomas

Though The Adventures of Robin Hood still get's regular screenings I honestly can't remember the last time I saw The Sea Hawk, The Sea Wolf, or Elizabeth & Essex on TV.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Here in the US nearly all of his films are available at our public library. In fact I just watched Prince and the Pauper.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    I have an extensive Errol Flynn DVD collection now days thanks to the fantastic Korngold CD releases over the past few years that pricked my curiosity. Many of them are really quite wonderful!
    The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Sea Hawk, Elizabeth & Essex and others are all worth watching at least once. Not only to see how brilliantly instinctive Korngold (and / or Steiner & Waxman) was with the craft but also how well made these films were for their time! Especially the Warner Bros productions!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    Warner Brothers had Bogart, Davis, Flynn, Raft, Lorre, Huston all under contract.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2009/10/04/s … -korngold/

A work worth checking out. Available at SAE for under $10.00
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011
    I've settled in on my next review which shall be another in the Gerhardt collection, this time the music of Korngold (Sea Hawk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/s … 1897-1957/

This is a top 10 golden age recording
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Tom, will you post the Gerhardt reviews also on MainTitles please, then I can update our special page that links to all your reviews. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    will do
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2011
    Bregt will have to do it as it wouldn't allow me
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2011 edited
    For those who would like to try a classical piece from Korngold... buy this marvelous CD... he composed this music when he was 15! Wunderkind!

Very easy to the ears, and just great!

http://www.amazon.com/Korngold-Berlin-R … mp;sr=8-10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdwZAJ_H4Ho (this is the FINALE, start slow and then builds very nicely to a grandiose finale)
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2011
    sdtom wrote
    Bregt will have to do it as it wouldn't allow me

Okay Tom. I can't imagine what causes your problem unfortunately. Perhaps a cache clear can help.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2011
    Oh I think I know Bregt. I started to have trouble after I used DeFraggle. While other sites have improved this one has regressed. I'm glad I can at least access.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A defragmenter should really have no effect, but I'm not really experienced with that tool. Anyone an idea?
    Kazoo
  2. I would be surprised if it was a defragging application that is causing the problem.

Tom, you mention that it seems to be just this site? And you are being prevented from loading a review?

Are you gaining access to the "behind the scenes" aspects of this site? And are you being prevented from completing the final upload?

Have you tried completing the task in more than one browser? If you have, are you getting the same result.

(Sorry if these questions have already been asked/answered.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm only relating experience. It worked fine until the defragging which took a solid 8 hours to do. The computer works much better but the Maintitle debacle.
    Tom smile
  3. sdtom wrote
    I'm only relating experience. It worked fine until the defragging which took a solid 8 hours to do. The computer works much better but the Maintitle debacle.
    Tom smile

Tom, were you using the computer whilst you were defragging?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011
    Let it defragment all night