• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    spring / summer will finally arrive late this week(end). Hope it stays and goes to London as well punk

Looks like it could hit 23° on Saturday. Which means a good chance of thunderstorms.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2016
    Again were in the 60's with blooming going on that you'd have to see to believe.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    spring / summer will finally arrive late this week(end). Hope it stays and goes to London as well punk

Looks like it could hit 23° on Saturday. Which means a good chance of thunderstorms.

with the music of Thor 2, it might actually be shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2016
    We're going through rain, rain, and more rain with the temperature in the low 50's
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2016
    A sweltering summer heat has swept Norway (and Oslo) in the last week or so, and is expected to continue for some time yet. Right under 30 C, and people are flocking like madmen to beaches and parks. Apparently, Iceland is to "blame" for this, pushing a high pressure Southeastwards.

cool
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2016
    Not a good time for Minnesota. We're under a severe storm watch with our temp around 19C
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2016 edited
    A few plus degrees and rainy today, but the snow and minus degrees are expected to return any time soon.

What always gets me with this particular period of the year, though, is how quickly it gets dark. At 15:00, dusk sets in and by 16:00, it's pitch dark. I often envy you guys down on the continent who have a more stable 'light' situation (in the summer, we obviously have unusually long 'days' with light untill 23:00). No wonder Norwegians get dark and moody sometimes. And up North, it's dark all winter and light all summer, day and night. Even more extreme.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2017 edited
    Talk about a change of weather. It's been comfortably around 0 C or slightly above throughout Christmas and New Year's, and tonight: BANG! Down to -11C.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Yeah, and the Scandinavian cold front is closing in on Germany.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2017
    *insert ubiquitous GAME OF THRONES line here*
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2017 edited
    Thor wrote
    *insert ubiquitous GAME OF THRONES line here*

You know nothing Jon Snow ( okay, admit it, you meant another line didn't you wink )

Thor wrote
    Talk about a change of weather. It's been comfortably around 0 C or slightly above throughout Christmas and New Year's, and tonight: BANG! Down to -11C.

It's been minus here at nights for the last week or so and colder than where you are in Norway until you guys really turn the temperature down and thankfully we can't keep up.

-11C eh? We're positively cosy in comparison shame <warmth
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017 edited
    I WANT SNOW GOD DAMNED!
    Not this pussy -4 degrees weather with only mist, ice and dangerous roads.

GIVE ME SNOW!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017 edited
    Then come on up here. It's been snowing steadily all day -- maybe it'll stick this time, due to our low temperatures. I'll gladly exchange some of our snow for your mild weather. I hate snow in the city.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Floods in northern Germany, lots of snow in the south. Here in the "German Midlands" it's cold but otherwise uneventful. We've been lucky.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017
    Me, I'd like a palm tree.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017
    YES, that too!
    Kazoo
  5. Martijn wrote
    Me, I'd like a palm tree.

Oh, but that's so 80s! wink
  6. Last winter I lived in southern Nevada, and we had two big palm trees in the front yard. This winter I live in northern Utah, where we've had lots of snow and where it was -17C this morning on my way to work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2017
    I think on the whole I'd take southern Nevada...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2017
    Bregt wrote
    YES, that too!

No.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2017 edited
    Spectacular spring day in Oslo today, temperatures at 17 C. The city is crawling with people in the sun. I've been out with my mother and niece, and feeling surprisingly OK, given yesterday's 'private party'. Then again, I'm so old now that the REAL hangover comes tomorrow or the day after. slant

March is a trickster, though...wouldn't be surprised if we'll get one more bout of snow.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. So yesterday we had what's known as a "Jahrhundertregen" (century rainfall) in Berlin...more rain fell yesterday than on any single day in the city's history since 1881! 150 liters per square meter on average. It was basically a full-on downpour from about 10 A.M. well into the night, and I'm not talking grey skies and drizzle...a proper deluge that simply would not let up. The airports were in total disarray, several metro lines got temporarily shut down, the fire department declared a state of emergency and got called out to drain thousands of flooded basements. The one in our building got a bit flooded as well (it's only used for storage and as an underground garage, fortunately), one of our neighbors rang the doorbell last night at about 11 and we were down there mopping and carrying buckets until almost 1 A.M. No fire department necessary, fortunately. But it's all been quite the adventure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017
    Sounds like the finale to Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast, Edmund.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017 edited
    Yeah, heard about the rainfall in Denmark and beyond. Meanwhile, here in Oslo, it's a sparkling summer weekend with temperatures approaching 30 C.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    So yesterday we had what's known as a "Jahrhundertregen" (century rainfall) in Berlin...more rain fell yesterday than on any single day in the city's history since 1881! 150 liters per square meter on average. It was basically a full-on downpour from about 10 A.M. well into the night, and I'm not talking grey skies and drizzle...a proper deluge that simply would not let up. The airports were in total disarray, several metro lines got temporarily shut down, the fire department declared a state of emergency and got called out to drain thousands of flooded basements. The one in our building got a bit flooded as well (it's only used for storage and as an underground garage, fortunately), one of our neighbors rang the doorbell last night at about 11 and we were down there mopping and carrying buckets until almost 1 A.M. No fire department necessary, fortunately. But it's all been quite the adventure!

It seems you've got the rain that was supposed to come to us (Belgium) For a week it was advertised this would have been a day full of rain, but apart from a couple of hours of light rain it was even sunny and warm.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2017
    which is why they call them weather forecasts. Here in Minnesota we are sunny and 80 degrees and not too much humidity. Pretty pleasant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2017
    Our last hurrah of summer is today. Tomorrow our temps will fall below 60.
  9. Well, 15° Celsius still isn't that cold. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2017
    That's like a summer day in Norway.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017
    a bit of a change from 96 degrees