• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008
    I don't think we have a "weather" thread?

It's been a long overdue gorgeous day here today, not too hot but with blue skies and white fluffy clouds and now there's a glorious sunset.

Sweet! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's finally starting to feel like Summer here. cheesy

Oh wait, it's September. slant rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    It's finally starting to feel like Summer here. cheesy

Oh wait, it's September. slant rolleyes

Too little too late methinks! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I'm in Florida, it's humid. shame
  1. It has been a very poor summer this year in the UK. But, there has been a few days over the past few months where the weather has delivered when required. I'm thinking specifically of the family holiday and the weekend in Bristol. I remember that weekend being HOT!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    It has been a very poor summer this year in the UK. But, there has been a few days over the past few months where the weather has delivered when required. I'm thinking specifically of the family holiday and the weekend in Bristol. I remember that weekend being HOT!

Alan, I hadn't asked yet, but how was the holiday on Skye? We (or at least I) want to hear more about it. Any pictures you want to share?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    We even had a very good star scape tonight, not something you get too often in light polluted cities.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    I live in the Dominican Rep. which is located in the same center of the Caribbean and we are in the path of any major hurricane.
    This hurricane season has been very very active and so far 3 hurricanes had fortunately just passed very close to our country. The rain these systems bring with them is most of the time pretty devastating and we got some of that already... Different floods in several parts of the country as a consequence of that.
    There is a tropical depression coming to our way as I write this note..so let´s see what happens..
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    The cool drier air is coming to Florida, cant wait!! Florida Falls are great!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    What part of Florida are you in? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    omaha wrote
    What part of Florida are you in? shocked

Our address says Tampa but its more in Temple Terrace.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    ah
    i now live in gainesville
    go gators!

how is usf doing?
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    Dont really follow sports but Ill try to find out for you.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    moonie wrote
    Dont really follow sports but Ill try to find out for you.

haha, don't worry about it. I'll look it up. You guys had an awesome season last year!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008 edited
    Quite rainy until wednesday I´m afraid:

http://www.meteocat.com/mediamb_xemec/s … iccio.html
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote

The weather is still lovely here, sun shining, blue skies though a bit chilly. I love Autumn/Winter sunshine when the shadows grow long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

The weather is still lovely here, sun shining, blue skies though a bit chilly.

Nice Tim!
    I love these 2-3 days periods of rainy weather though, it cleans the air and it smells great when you leave home!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

Nice Tim!
    I love these 2-3 days periods of rainy weather though, it cleans the air and it smells great when you leave home!

Marcel, I LOVE the rain....it's just when it doesn't stop for days on end that I begin to hate it. wink

But you are right, there's nothing like it for clearing the air, settling the dust and grime of the big city, in a forest mixed with the smell of earth and leaves is just heavenly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

Nice Tim!

Marcel, I LOVE the rain....it's just when it doesn't stop for days on end that I begin to hate it. wink

But you are right, there's nothing like it for clearing the air, settling the dust and grime of the big city, in a forest mixed with the smell of earth and leaves is just heavenly.

Indeed! smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    Pissed down today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Here it's all pretty weird. In just 3 days it went from dead-hot Greek sun 24/24 into cold and rain and people were rushing over a weekend to get out the winter clothing!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Pissed down today.

Straight to the point anglo-saxon punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008 edited
    Today and the next three days should be good! 16 to 18 C, with sunshine and blue skies. cheesy
    That's perfect weather to go outside and do things, without getting too hot.
    The leafs on the trees are already colouring so with the sunny weather that looks wonderful.

We will probably go to the Efteling with the kids, finally! In the summer it was raining a lot. We already had the tickets, we were just waiting for a nice dry day. Also some things came in between, one day I was ill, other days we had some appointments... But this weekend so far nothing stands in our way!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008
    Bregje wrote
    Today and the next three days should be good! 16 to 18 C, with sunshine and blue skies. cheesy
    The leafs on the trees are already colouring so with the sunny weather that looks wonderful.

Same here!

I'm hiking up Norway's highest mountain on Saturday, and hope the weather is clear. Unfortunately, it looks to be rain (and snow on the top), but let's hope it isn't too bad. The autumn colours of the Norwegian mountainside on a clear day is simply spectacular.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008
    This year as is usually the case in late September/October we have in my opinion our worst weather of the year. We are in the 90's and in fire season which brings that wretched smell in the air. This is San Diego I'm talking about.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    Bregje wrote

We will probably go to the Efteling with the kids, finally! In the summer it was raining a lot. We already had the tickets, we were just waiting for a nice dry day. Also some things came in between, one day I was ill, other days we had some appointments... But this weekend so far nothing stands in our way!

Are you going in the travel, fairy, alternative or adventure realm? Maybe let your hair blow on the pegasus? Just don't eat before! vomit

It was like summer today. Sunny and 25 degrees. We are still having supper outside and we are almost into October.
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hehe! Well, the thing is Quinn really likes the wild rides so I'm afraid I don't have a choice... I don't want her to go alone of course. Hopefully we can do the whole park in one day, the things we like at least. No idea how busy it will be. It's a bit later on in the summer season but the weather is nice. Saturdays are usually better than the sundays, but we'll see...

25 C?? That's great! dizzy Enjoy it while you can!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008 edited
    At last, Sun showed up after 3 days of raining and humidity and we're in f***** Greece! shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cool, bright and sunny cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Since May, we had been having like the worst weather I've seen in my life - horrid CONTNUOUS rainfall which broke the records of 12 years, and both cold and humid atmosphere. So we were unable to turn on the AC because of the cold and had to sit sweating like hell at the same time tongue It was at its climax last week because of a deep depression point formed above our city due to which we had a miniature hurricane here, which damaged the electric poles and broke the trees, making them fall on and snap electricity cables. So we had no electricity for 2 whole days. Fun, eh? tongue wink LOL

Anyway thankfully it's much better now with the sky completely clear, so I'm chilling out a bit today biggrin