• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008 edited
    Funny thing this morning my wife's son asked me about this Disney song he was looking for , he said kinda techno funky version of lets see the song from Sleeping Beauty (not Cinderella) biggrin , and hummed/kinda sang , upon a dream , oh yea I said , Once Upon a Dream, and my wife laughed and said , you got that from that! ?
    Any of you have similar situations.
    kinda funny.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008
    moonie wrote
    Funny thing this morning my wife's son asked me about this Disney song he was looking for , he said kinda techno funky version of lets see the song from Cinderella, and hummed/kinda sang , upon a dream , oh yea I said , Once Upon a Dream, and my wife laughed and said , you got that from that! ?

Um, isn't that song from Sleeping Beauty, not Cinderella? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    William wrote
    moonie wrote
    Funny thing this morning my wife's son asked me about this Disney song he was looking for , he said kinda techno funky version of lets see the song from Cinderella, and hummed/kinda sang , upon a dream , oh yea I said , Once Upon a Dream, and my wife laughed and said , you got that from that! ?

Whoops Im bad , you are correct, Im having trouble concentrating today for some reason. Mikey Mouse will have my guts for garters for that one.

hehe

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moonie wrote
    William wrote
    moonie wrote

Whoops Im bad , you are correct, Im having trouble concentrating today for some reason.

hehe

sd smile

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I seemed to have liked Sleeping Beauty better than Cinderella, might have to dig out that cd and listen to it, the techno thing is by a group called , No Secrets, I much prefer the original.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moonie wrote
    ... the techno thing is by a group called , No Secrets, I much prefer the origianal.

I'm sure I would prefer the original, as well. I'm really not into techno. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    He works at their reservation center here in Tampa, and they play it while their customers are on hold, hehe, he hated it at first but its starting to grow on him and the others, he wanted the song to give to a friend of his that works there also.
    One redeeming quality, its four cute girls that sing it.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moonie wrote
    He works at their reservation center here in Tampa, and they play it while their customers are on hold, hehe, he hated it at first but its starting to grow on him and the others, he wanted the song to give to a friend of his that works there also.

Oh, OK. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D1NbA-iwWU

if you want to check it out.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moonie wrote

Cool. Thanks for the link. beer Upon listening... all I can say is... YUCK! vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    William wrote
    moonie wrote

Cool. Thanks for the link. beer Upon listening... all I can say is... YUCK! vomit

LOL smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    Well, I LIKE techno (any kind of beat-based, instrumental electronic music), and I can tell you that that is NOT - I repeat NOT - techno! More like mainstream pop "fluff" with R&B undercurrents.

Now, it's not really my thing, to be honest, but it ain't half bad, I think. Definitely chart material.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, it's half bad.
    In fact, it's totally rotten.
    I can't stand that watered-down R&B/Hip-hop stuff.

This, incidentally, is techno.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, it's half bad.

Nah...not really. More like some kid in a basement going nuts with his drum machine. But closer, yeah. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, it's half bad.

Nah...not really. More like some kid in a basement going nuts with his drum machine. But closer, yeah. smile

You can always trust Martijn to give you the worst example of something he doesn't like wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I actually *like* techno.
    Danceable and a great style for fusion work!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I actually *like* techno.
    Danceable and a great style for fusion work!

My most sincere apologies then sir. smile

you could have chosen a better example though eh!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not much half-decent material available on Youtube with the tags "Disney" "Sleeping Beauty" and "techno", unfortunately. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Not much half-decent material available on Youtube with the tags "Disney" "Sleeping Beauty" and "techno", unfortunately. sad

Then screw that Disney nonsense and listen to some REAL, hard-hitting, high-quality techno (or, to be more exact - trance [esp. psytrance, prog trance] and goa):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GMNuHdh … re=related (Oakenfold)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD0g_oED … re=related (Juno Reactor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCZ4RPps … re=related (Shpongle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLWXSsYJ … re=related (Infected Mushroom)

...for starters.

punk
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    Just don't throw any lame Tiesto's in there and we'll be fine wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Just don't throw any lame Tiesto's in there and we'll be fine wink

Tiesto CAN be fine, but is often way too commercial for me. Too much wailing woman/trad. trance stuff with the godawful synth string-sound.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He's 80% pure, overrated cheap crap; Other dj's are ages better, work more, are more genuine (and i am sure you know that way better than me) but are condemned to isolation and / or way lesser popularity than the hack's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote

Then screw that Disney nonsense

shocked
    Disney is spinning in his grave underneath the ride of Pirates Of The Caribbean, of which the film tune, incidentally, was remixed really poorly by Tiësto... now how did I come full circle on that one? spin
  1. To answer the question posed by my good friend Moonie at the beginning of the thread, I've often been in situations where I've named a particular piece of film music, to much aghast looks from those who have asked me. My favourite moment came a couple of months ago when I was at a friend's place. His mother was watching The American President in the living room, and I made a joke to my friend that his mother must have a thing for Michael Douglas. He asked me why, and I replied in relation to the film. Given that the end credits were playing at the time, the only way I could have identified the movie was from the score (in other words, not the dialogue), and initially my friend thought I was bluffing. We then went out to the living room, and sure enough a check of the TV guide confirmed my guess. My friend said, "you're a freak!", which I took as a compliment under the circumstances. biggrin
  2. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008
    Nice story! And what a gorgeous score AMERICAN PRESIDENT is, really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote

Then screw that Disney nonsense

shocked
    Disney is spinning in his grave underneath the ride of Pirates Of The Caribbean, of which the film tune, incidentally, was remixed really poorly by Tiësto... now how did I come full circle on that one? spin

Good call!

Actually, me and Disney go way back. I'm a HUUUGE fan and wrote my first lecture/"thesis" on him in my 9th grade (as only 13-14 years of age). Fascinating person and life, for sure!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008
    I heard some techno version of Ectasy of Gold from Ennio's the Good the Bad and The Ugly...
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! angry