• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Cool post Justin. I wondered what the guy was up to. Nice to see he's doing good and turning over a new leaf. But in my book he'll always be the Terminator guy. Not that that's a bad thing at all. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010 edited
    The problem is that studios are becoming so paranoid about the films' box office income, that creative freedom is limited. I guess the new trick is to find a balance behind creativity and what is forced upon you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2010 edited
    TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY (PRE-ORDER) (CD)
    Composed by: Brad Fiedel

Planned release date: Mid-August
    Re-issue. New remastered edition including notes from the composer.

1. Main Title (Terminator 2 Theme)
    2. Sarah On The Run
    3. Escape From The Hospital (And T1000)
    4. Desert Suite
    5. Sarah’s Dream (Nuclear Nightmare)
    6. Attack On Dyson (Sarah’s Solution)
    7. Our Gang Goes To Cyberdyne
    8. “Trust Me”
    9. John & Dyson Into Vault
    10. SWAT Team Attacks
    11. “I’ll Be Back”
    12. Helicopter Chase
    13. Tanker Chase
    14. “Hasta La Vista, Baby” (T1000 Freezes)
    15. Into The Steel Mill
    16. Cameron’s Inferno
    17. Terminator Impaled
    18. Terminator Revives
    19. T1000 Terminated
    20. “It’s Over” (“Good-Bye”)

source: http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … PRE-ORDER/
  2. Do you remember Brad Fiedel? Here is my interview with "Terminator theme" composer:

http://www.muzykafilmowa.pl/artykuly/fiedel.htm
    MuzykaFilmowa.pl
  3. I turned in my 40 interview questions to him a couple days ago; up to him at how long he wants to take to reply back.

Yes, yes -- rest assured I asked about the T2 master tapes.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    That's a serious weight off my mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010 edited
    I might actually get some sleep now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Southall wrote
    I might actually get some sleep now.

Here, I'll put you to sleep; stand still just long enough...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. I don't think this hasn't been posted yet

FRIGHT NIGHT

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 183
    Date: 1985
    Tracks: 11
    Time = 61:39

At last! World premiere CD release of the Brad Fiedel score for popular Tom Holland horror movie starring Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Roddy McDowall. Fiedel creates terrific themes anchoring picture in reality, then takes off in wild directions with florid, intense material as vampire horor elements transpire. CD is presented from 1/4" two-track stereo master elements courtesy of both Sony Pictures and composer Fiedel. Some elements were drawn from actual 15 ips mixes, others were from slightly noisier 7 1/2 ips tapes. Rather than meld the two, we are presenting the surviving 15 ips cues as an opening suite, followed by the full score from the 7 1/2 ips tapes. Brad Fiedel performs. A scary addition to the Intrada Special Collection!

Medley [From the 1/4" 15 i.p.s. Stereo Mixes]
    01. Fright Night 15:25

The Score [From the 1/4" 7 1/2 i.p.s. Stereo mixes]
    02. Window Watching 1:57
    03. Jerry Takes Off 1:45
    04. Drive To Evil and Bat Attack 2:07
    05. Charlie's Cathedral, Charmed and Alley Bat 5:29
    06. Evil Visitor 1:44
    07. Charlie Begs For Help and Come To Me (Seduction Scene) 4:38
    08. Vampire Killers and Your Dinner's In The Oven 9:44
    09. Jerry's Time Is Up 7:28
    10. The Basement 5:21
    11. You're So Cool Brewster and Come To Me 5:44
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. And here's the review of it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2011
    Very good review, Thomas (the title made me laugh).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Martijn wrote
    Very good review, Thomas (the title made me laugh).

thanks, that was the general idea smile
  8. Some news (sorry, not a scoring assignment):

http://www.kcsb.org/blog/2013/04/21/fil … ad-fiedel/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2013
    That's just bizarre, unless he's done a lot more than just his film music. (Of all the film composers to have an "autobiographical musical"..!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    That's just bizarre, unless he's done a lot more than just his film music. (Of all the film composers to have an "autobiographical musical"..!)

He's actually written several symphonic concert works and whatnot. There's far more to Fiedel than the TERMINATOR clings and clangs!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lies!
  9. Steven wrote
    Lies!

True lies?

:coat:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You deserve to be terminated for that joke.
  10. So there's a new edition of The Terminator coming out April 8, on vinyl, compact disc, and download. I'm thinking of buying it on CD, as it's such an iconic score for a great film. And also because Brad was actively involved in presenting it the way he felt was appropriate. The flaws on earlier releases have apparently been corrected.

And boy does that artwork look fantastic. I'm almost tempted to buy the vinyl just for that. shocked

People who pre-order it, already get access to the download version.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  11. Good Lord, I'm actually tempted...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016
    As am I....except I keep telling myself I will never, ever, ever actually play it.
    But damn, it's cool!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  12. I don't even have an LP player at my current set-up. I always wanted to buy a new one... phew...
  13. Funny, back in the day I didn't think too highly of the score... too cheesy, too synthy, too much droning going on. By the time I got seriously into film music, the theme was reprised in 1991 way more effectively and much more awesome sounding. T2 is still one of my most-listened to scores today.

Now, all these year later, the first one is probably the most appropriate score written for a film about a unstoppable killer robot. That metallic approach, the clanks, the screeches and the groans are absolutely spot on. cool
  14. Indeed. I mean, I already felt that way back then, but nowadays, with T-1000s and T-Xs and God knows what on every corner in the sequels, this old school synth music music fits even better with this old, "low-tech", brute-force T-model. And the LP design is fantastic, so...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The theme is great, and as we've said MANY times over the years, the score works like gangbusters in the film. Just perfect. But I wouldn't listen to it on album if people paid me to do so. Doesn't matter how "cool" the packaging is.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Exactly.
    It's pretty much the best score I know I can't listen to (separately).
    So to me it would just be a 'show case' item, which kind of defeats the purpose.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016 edited
    I love it as a score and an album. It's so 'unpleasant', it's actually fascinating. But then I love moody, dark scores just before going to bed, and this certainly counts as one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, you grokked Jóhannsson's Sicario, if memory serves?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Grokked and then some. I can listen to that one any time of the day!