• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    Thanks to Moonie I realised there wasn't a thread topic for Fiedel.

Though I rarely ( almost never ) play them I think his scores to TERMINATOR'S I & II are about as perfect as you can get marrying music & image, the whole sound is spot on.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I looked and didn't see one to my surprise, I love his Terminator scores too.

sd smile punk
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  1. True Lies is my favorite, even though Terminator 2 is an example of an eerie moody score that enhances the movie in such wonderful ways smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I always liked his score to The Serpent and The Rainbow though I never, unfortunately, picked up the rare CD.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    I always liked his score to The Serpent and The Rainbow though I never, unfortunately, picked up the rare CD.

It's still available over at SAE. I think that they've dropped the price - it's now just $350.00.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=2347
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. JUST? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. PawelStroinski wrote
    JUST? biggrin

I few weeks ago I think that it was nearer $500. Maybe there's a re-release on the horizon? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

It's still available over at SAE. I think that they've dropped the price - it's now just $350.00.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=2347

Thanks Alan, in the meantime mayhap you could send a food parcel or two that I may exist for the next Month!? wink
  5. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2008
    How funny... This thread brings to mind my old "MARK GRISKEY" thread, which I created after Erik made his thread about Griskey's The Force Unleashed. However, mine was soon discarded/deleted after Erik renamed his thread to be the "MARK GRISKEY" thread, as well, declaring that his was in fact the first (when it wasn't; he merely retitled his thread to make it look like - since mine was created later than his initial thread - he had created the first one for the composer), and that I clearly didn't search the forums before I created mine... Ah, the good old days. rolleyes
  6. Thanks to an FSM post, a new interview has been posted on YouTube with Fiedel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TElvM_gFog

The best part is the pretty host. Look how pretty she is, and how "cute" too. And just look how excited she gets walking up to Fiedel's house; she's not even in yet but it's like she's going to pass out from joy (which only increases after she enters). Now where are girls like THAT?!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009
    Red-hot chick likes film music.

Her favourite composer is Brad Fiedel.

What the Lord giveth with one hand, he taketh with the other.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Big LOL biggrin

On the plus side James, I saw Mylene Klass on 'The One Show' last year where she siad that Kilar's DRACULA was her favourite film score.

I'd like to see Mylene naked banging out film themes at the piano lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That girl is just hilarious....totally over-the-top fangirl craziness. Quite embarassing, of course, but very entertaining.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    That girl is just hilarious....totally over-the-top fangirl craziness. Quite embarassing, of course, but very entertaining.

Yeah, she looks HOT but stupid. Happier and more excited that she actually made it on TV than who the hell she's actually interviewing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote

Yeah, she looks HOT but stupid. Happier and more excited that she actually made it on TV than who the hell she's actually interviewing.

That or the "big american penis" thingie from SOUTH PARK biggrin biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Probably, yeah, but then again - Japanese fan culture is known for its God-like worshipping. Seems like anyone and anything Western can get big over there....you know the phrase...."Big in Japan".
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote

That or the "big american penis" thingie from SOUTH PARK biggrin biggrin

I'm totally getting a clue...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Big LOL biggrin

On the plus side James, I saw Mylene Klass on 'The One Show' last year where she siad that Kilar's DRACULA was her favourite film score.

I'd like to see Mylene naked banging out film themes at the piano lick

Oh yes! How I love Myleene!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    William wrote
    How funny... This thread brings to mind my old "MARK GRISKEY" thread, which I created after Erik made his thread about Griskey's The Force Unleashed. However, mine was soon discarded/deleted after Erik renamed his thread to be the "MARK GRISKEY" thread, as well, declaring that his was in fact the first (when it wasn't; he merely retitled his thread to make it look like - since mine was created later than his initial thread - he had created the first one for the composer), and that I clearly didn't search the forums before I created mine... Ah, the good old days. rolleyes

Bah! Lies... lies...lies.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

I'd like to see Mylene naked banging...

Preach, brother.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'd like to see Mylene naked banging...

Preach, brother.

Every. Word. Intended.

Bro beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Come on Myleene!

(no sniggering, you KNOW I didn't mean THAT!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Come on Myleene!

(no sniggering, you KNOW I didn't mean THAT!)

Looks, brains, music ability....oh my....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Looks, brains, music ability....

This is no time to talk about Justin!
  8. lol bunny
  9. I'm all that and a bag of fish chips.
  10. Someone who created a Facebook page for Fiedel, and is setting up an interview, got -- in the meantime -- a long reply from Fiedel on what he is up to and why he left the scoring world; thought it might be of interest to you guys:

Hi Everyone,I am touched and appreciative that there are people out there that care about the work that I have done. Thank you.

Just wanted to let you all know I am alive and very well. I have just completed designing and building a surf retreat in Mexico. I started surfing about 9 years ago, and after more than 25 years sitting in studios most of the time, it is great to be out in the ocean watching the sun rise and the dolphins go by.

I am also working on a musical. A labor of love I've been working on for several years now for which I'm writing the script( or "book" as they say on Broadway), music and lyrics.

The discussion of why I stopped scoring films and TV is a long one. I'll go into it a bit here.

I would like to clarify that I was not disgusted with Hollywood when I left. I have seen this said in a few places and it saddens me. If I ever said anything like that I am afraid it's been taken out of context. There were some major shifts that happened over the years that caused the role of film composer to change in ways that were not as enjoyable for me personally as an artist.

After 25 years, I decided to move on to new challenges. I have a lot of respect for many of the composers out there as well as the filmmakers. I just needed to make a change. During most of my career, I really was excited to be getting the opportunity to create original scores. I was very lucky to be given an open creative space for my musical imagination and expression on most of the projects I was hired on.

When, for various reasons, I lost that excitement, and the conditions changed on a number of projects I was working on, I realized that I needed to find new venues to bring me that kind artistic freedom and satisfaction. The deeper and deeper entrenchment in "temp" tracks was a big factor in this. Where, in the past, I had a clean slate to start from, I was more and more often being asked to do something like what the filmmakers had already fallen in love with on their temp track. I felt that one of my biggest contributions of coming up with a whole musical concept from scratch was no longer possible on the particular projects I was being offered.

Anyway, that's basically it.

Again, thanks for your interest,

Saludos,

Brad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010
    Interesting to finally see a composer's input on what the "community" has already perceived: that temp tracks (and ergo a steep decline in creativity) in scoring Hollywood movies has become the norm.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010
    If Jerry Goldsmith had lived I wouldn't have been surprised if he retired or was much more selective? Basil Poledouris was saying similar things too and we all know John Barry has unofficially retired.