• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    The Boys From Brazil (2 CD Set) Jerry Goldsmith $29.99Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 75(111:19) Wow! 2-CD world premiere of complete Academy Award-nominated Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack for Franklin Schaffner thriller from Ira Levin novel, starring Gregory Peck, Laurence Olivier. Shaffner always inspired best in Goldsmith. Here he responded with global action, excitement! Original 1978 LP was a favorite of composer. He personally edited 35 minutes of highlights into unique 3-movement suite plus one song. Intrada now proudly presents entire 55-minute score, mixed from magnificent condition multi-track session masters. Ferocious action cues (missing from LP) are highlights! Lengthy "The Killers Arrive" with dynamic tuba/bass trombone "Nazi" motif another previously-unreleased gem! Intrada also offers all-important original LP, fully remixed & remastered for best audio ever! Still more bonus material: classical excerpts conducted by Goldsmith at sessions, original radio "samba" (by Arthur Morton!) heard on boy's radio in Paraguay plus pair of score alternates! Thrill to every note of Goldsmith's masterpiece in powerhouse stereo! Detailed notes by Jon Burlingame complete dramatic package. Jerry Goldsmith conducts National Philharmonic Orchestra. By exclusive arrangement with Licensor, Intrada Special Collection limited to 5000 copies!http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5887/.f
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    An essential purchase, and another great score for a ludicrous film that's so bad it's almost good! shocked

Anyone who doesn't buy this cannot possibly be considered a fan of truly great film music.......!!!!
  1. David OC wrote
    An essential purchase, and another great score for a ludicrous film that's so bad it's almost good! shocked

Anyone who doesn't buy this cannot possibly be considered a fan of truly great film music.......!!!!

I would like to, but it is a little expensive for me shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If we were another kind of forum, this topic would be locked down and burned to hell immediately just for its title wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    If we were another kind of forum, this topic would be locked down and burned to hell immediately just for its title wink

Perhaps we should be thankful there's not a CD release from a film called 'Bangkok Lady Boys' shocked wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    David OC wrote

I'm not buying it (though I *love* Goldsmith's Nazi waltz, which is about as good as anything ever written to denote an evil empire), and I actually *love* that movie, mainly thanks to an OUTSTANDING portrayal of Joseph Mengele by Gregory Peck.
    One of my all-time favourite movie villain roles!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I have the LP. I just spent $144.00 last month on the MGM box from FSM and I can't afford to be in the $10,000 a year club like some other messageboards. I'll ask for a review copy and if they send me one I'll review it and give my opinion.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    I have the LP. I just spent $144.00 last month on the MGM box from FSM and I can't afford to be in the $10,000 a year club like some other messageboards.

$10,000 a year club?

sdtom wrote
    I'll ask for a review copy and if they send me one I'll review it and give my opinion.
    Thomas smile

You know they aren't going to send a review copy, Tom. Come on... we've been over this. Limted Editions are off limits!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There are a few on the FSM board who spend as much as $200.00 a week on CD's. They buy everything.

It doesn't hurt to ask either. There are 5000. I'm 99% sure it will be no but its like your Toronto Leafs they could win the cup next year. Oh wait that is impossible cheesy

Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008 edited
    Hey, never hurts to ask!
    The squeaky wheel and that sort of thing!
    cheesy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I just did. I also asked the tough question do you use acid free paper/archival ink in your booklets. We do know that this reacts with polycarbonate CD wink
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008 edited
    sdtom wrote
    There are a few on the FSM board who spend as much as $200.00 a week on CD's. They buy everything.

Good for them. I'm glad they have the money to spend and get what they want.

sdtom wrote
    It doesn't hurt to ask either. There are 5000. I'm 99% sure it will be no but its like your Toronto Leafs they could win the cup next year. Oh wait that is impossible cheesy

The Leafs COULD win the Cup this year. Actually, all 30 teams could win the Cup this year. I mean, as of right now every team is on equal footing. They are all 0-0-0-0. Anything can happen unlike getting a review copy of a limited edition soundtrack from Intrada.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bottom line my friend. I wouldn't bet on either cheesy
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was amazed that so many people plopped $144.00 down on that MGM set.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote

And leave them collecting dust on their shelves, feeding their maniac collector sickness.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Couldn't agree more my friend. There is a lot of collecting as opposed to listening.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Apparently there are less than 1000 copies remaining at Intrada...

And less than 200 for Ghost Warrior.

Your speculation only.

GHOST WARRIOR is sold out at Intrada, though still listed at SAE...

For a 5000 copy release it has sold pretty quickly I'd say if they are already under a 1000. Collecting for sure.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    This one is not for me for a variety of reasons.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    Apparently there are less than 1000 copies remaining at Intrada...

That's just a silly rumour perpetrated by someone trying to be clever on the Intrada web site, ordering over 800 copies. No need to get worried at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The collecting frenzy not the listener.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Couldn't agree more my friend. There is a lot of collecting as opposed to listening.
    Thomas smile

And how do you know that these people who are purchasing anything and everything AREN'T listening to what they purchase?

-ERik-
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Oh Im sure they buy one for them self but they also get them for resale on ebay or whatever, or why buy 10 or 20 or 100, Ide like to know where they get their money from, I can barely and I mean barely afford one.
    However mines on the way, Im Happy!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2008
    I've listened to the sound clips of BfB again... beginning to change my mind about it. Eh, by the time I decide to get it, it'll probably be sold out. sad

... the fact that Richard Band's Ghost Warrior sold out in one day just shocked me. I thought for sure it'd be gathering dust on Intrada's shelves for a while.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2008 edited
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Chris-Soundtrack-Corner
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jerry-Fielding-SCOR … 1726r26352

I can keep listing them Erik. Buyers openly admit buying extra copies for friends on Intrada and FSM. Friends yea right. People have a right to do this if they want. A collector merely wants to possess the item because it is special and rare and he has something you don't so there and he can boast how he got one and a spare. The market has changed. Smaller dealers like Chris and Conrad are likely paying regular price.
    Thomas smile
  2. Chris's Soundtrack Corner is a business though. He's not too unlike SAE or moviemusic.com, except he believes in (much) steeper markups.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://desc.shop.ebay.com/items/CDs__W0 … _sacatZ307

Here is another sold out one.

Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There is nothing that can be done. I could spend an entire evening going through items.
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    There's a difference between speculators and your assertion that the majority of people 'collect' rather than 'listen'.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to drop the dough to collect this stuff if they didn't enjoy listening to it.

i don't think the speculators care too much about collecting either, although they probably love it when something hits collectable status.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And this is especially for my friend Erik. It is being done already, the way you want
    http://www.chandos-records.com/default05.asp?refresh=0
    Thomas