• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2016 edited
    chicken bhangra fireworks WAKE UP THOR THE PARTY HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! fireworks bhangra chicken
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2016
    shocked

Someone is here....
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I'm here also!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    drink champagne drink drink champagne drink drink drink fireworks drink drink beer spin drink drink beer beer drink dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Oh my God, now we're like....a GROUP!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    For a moment.

Now it's back to "Thor & 4 guests".

But there are four guests, after all.

COME ON, GUESTS! Join me for a drink at the bar. My treat.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    drink beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bring forth thine Nordic women Thunderer...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I wish!

Right now, I'm contemplating going out alone. It landed me some girls a few weeks ago, maybe I'll have luck again (although it's Friday, always a trickier day).

What are you doing tonight, Timster, my friend?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tonight mine thirst and hunger doth need quenching!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

What are you doing tonight, Timster, my friend?

Hearing the lamentation of your men and...

Oh! Drinking by myself right now but off to meet some mates at a local'ish pub ( actually half hour walk from mine ) in about an hour or two.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Awesomeness!

We really need to hook up again at some point. I feel we had a lot left during our last encounter.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It will happen. I'll get over to your side of the pond at some point unless something super-awesome like JW playing London happens. ( ahhhh, did I see an elephant flying... )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Or I'll get over to Bristol, was it?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That would be fun, I can think of a number of my friends you'd get on with and I can put people up, I have plenty of space. smile

Though personally I'd rather meet somewhere more "exotic?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm quite unable to read anything anyone wrote, and I'm typing blind, courtesy of Tanqueray gin and Diplomatico rum, but my guess is Thor is posting drunk again, and Tim is about to go out for a game of snooker.

I swear I should do something toally unexpected to stir things up a bit here,
    Like maybe watching Return Of The Jedi. Or listening to El Cid.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I love Snooker but the nearest club is too far and expensive ( and no good unless I can find a decent player to join me ) so its the pub and a few games of pool.

In fact I'm off right now! wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2016
    I won three games and left the table the winner ( gave it to the last loser so I could continue being sociable.
  2. Just in case Thor feels lonely again. smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2016
    He, he...I'm too hung over to feel anything today.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2016 edited
    Weirdest Friday in a while.

Had a couple of beers at 18:00, then took the tram to a park overlooking the city. There was a performance of Stockhausen's "Sternklang" with seven different group of musicians situated in a wide circle around the park (and percussion in the middle). Very 'trancey'. Then took the tram back to the city, entered Oslo's main church for the second half of Dvorak's "Stabat Mater" (performed impeccably by the choir and pianist). Then on to a sports bar where the Chelsea-Liverpool match was nearing its end, capping it off with a beer at a place in the 'hipster area' of Oslo. Walked the 35-minute walk back home, from east to west. That's a total of four beers consumed during a whole Friday, some sort of record. I'm insanely sober as I'm writing this, but still an evening filled with content.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Sure would have loved to join you on that musical tour.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2016
    I rather appreciate the apparent surrealism of the evening!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2016 edited
    Suffering a sinus infection for 2nd week in a row ( which made my flights to and from Iceland horrible ) but fuck it, I fancy getting pissed drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2016
    I was out yesterday too -- a rare vorspiel + night out with established buddies. Paying the price today.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2016 edited
    Tonight, my parents came in from my hometown, so we went out to eat at a restaurant nearby me (that was far more expensive than I had thought -- my mom paid, but geezes -- $240 for the whole thing). The visit was an early birthday present from them. In 45 minutes, I'm going for a new cinema opening here in Oslo. Gearing up now.

Tomorrow is my birthday proper, and I've planned a pub-to-pub-round with three of my buddies. Expect drunken comments in the 'Saturday' thread.

What're you doing tonite?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Listening to M83's "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" and finishing me rediscovery of Frank Herbert's "Dune". I plan to revisit another SF classic after that: Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land".

What a nice thing to do by your parents. I hope you eat well.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2016
    Off to pub later with couple of mates. Pub has a great pool table that attracts good players so I'll stick my name down for a few games, if I keep winning ( big IF ) I'll relinquish the table after 3 or 4 games because I'm out to be sociable, not play pool all night.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2016 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    What a nice thing to do by your parents. I hope you eat well.

The food was good, but the place was too dark, noisy and -- as I said -- too expensive. But yeah, fantastic gesture from my mom (I have a bad conscience for choosing this place, though).

Hope you're enjoying your SF evening with something in the glass.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2016
    Timmer wrote
    Off to pub later with couple of mates. Pub has a great pool table that attracts good players so I'll stick my name down for a few games, if I keep winning ( big IF ) I'll relinquish the table after 3 or 4 games because I'm out to be sociable, not play pool all night.

If we were ever to go out together (in your hometown), I wouldn't even get close to a pool table. I've embarassed myself enough in my life. It would be sociable all night long.
    I am extremely serious.