• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Let's see how Thor will come back tomorrow vomiting all over the place due to hangover and swearing never to drink again; biggrin

We've all ( well, most of us ) been there at one time or another wink beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    <waiting>

angry

Hmmm... let me think! I think I invited all of you... and only Martijn responded! But you didn't even though you are closer... So, am I not your girl anymore? And on top of that you get angry!

(And that my friends is how a Greek woman turns the tables! tongue D kiss )
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And that's how you know a girl wants you. kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Are you sure you want your g/f and my b/f to read the above statement? tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. Maybe that would make a nice exchange, Stavi? lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    Are you sure you want your g/f and my b/f to read the above statement? tongue

Who asked them?

control alt delete format format restart restartdeldeldeldeldeldeldeldeldeldeldeldeldelete shut downshut downshut downshut downshut downshut downshut downshut downshut downresetresetreset resetresetresetresetresetresetreset undoundoundoundoundoundoundoundoundoundoundoundoundoundoundoundoundodeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedelete
    deletedeletedeletedeletedeletemichael jacksondeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedelete
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Still waiting here, for something to happen.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well the fact that we aren't talking should worry you smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Who isn't talking? You to me? Or vice versa? I lost you now. smile

We need a chat! sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That
    would
    be
    uber
    cool
    !
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But what did you mean? It sounded worrying. Seriously.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i hadn't replied for some time since my last post with Stavi; Stavi hasn't replied still; that means frying pans have been landing onto our heads. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    Ow. Woops.

I clearly need to invest more time in how to react and communicate with women better. Yesterday, I made a comment, obviously completely unknowing that it could be interpreted otherwise, meaning she was fat (which she isn't) but apparently it was interpreted that way. She is cool though (a girlfriend of a friend) and the boy was more shocked than she was.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The sheer number of ALT+PrintScreens I've made, will print off in merrigold and mauve and bring with me, framed, on my visit to Sparta is absolutely mindboggling!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    (And that my friends is how a Greek woman turns the tables! tongue

I've read enough of Greek mythology to know that!
    Remind me never to get involved with Greek women.
    They're dangerous! shocked
    freezing

(Though there's absolutely no point in reminding me should that actually ever happen...there's also this nice little concept Greeks like to refer to as fate... )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. heimarmene you say? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Ow. Woops.

I clearly need to invest more time in how to react and communicate with women better. Yesterday, I made a comment, obviously completely unknowing that it could be interpreted otherwise, meaning she was fat (which she isn't) but apparently it was interpreted that way. She is cool though (a girlfriend of a friend) and the boy was more shocked than she was.

Pf; nothing wrong with you; apparently she IS a bit fat isn't she? wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    I've read enough of Greek mythology to know that!
    Remind me never to get involved with Greek women.
    They're dangerous! shocked
    freezing

You've got that right baby! We are very dangerous!

PawelStroinski wrote

heimarmene you say? wink

Excellent Pawel!
    Top marks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    heimarmene you say? wink

Well, that's the driving force. I was rather more thinking about moira, the assigned lot. 1)
    (It is possible to break from heimarmene, you see).

1): to any pilosophy scholars: yes, that was horribly simplified. I apologise.
  3. Ah, moira too.

Stavi, next year I will teach Ancient and Biblical Literature. I still know too little about the concepts. Mimesis is a bit too little, isn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Very interesting! I don't think it's little. If you approach it from the different points of view Socrates, Plato and of course Arostotle had you can cover a wide range of topics!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    TOO LITTLE???
    It's only an idealized extended mirror image of the very essence of nature itself, which we're supposed to emulate!
    It's as close as being "God's image" as you can get without getting word "God" in there.
    shocked

I think I'll stick with moira, thanks.
    (whom I think was a brilliant actress as well cool )
  4. Stavroula wrote
    Very interesting! I don't think it's little. If you approach it from the different points of view Socrates, Plato and of course Arostotle had you can cover a wide range of topics!

Stavi, I can't indulge too much in the details, but I HAVE to speak of the tragedy concept according to Aristotle (I have little time - merely half of semester - and it's the first year, so not too much details. Going into details of philosophical reasons behind origins of theory of literature is in my big interest and I think quite important from strictly methodological point of view for the students).

I have to choose the myths I will use. I took Oedipus the King as my example of Greek Tragedy. The epic will be Roman, due to historical and evenness issues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Oedipus is a very good choice. It contains every example you need of the tragedy concept.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    slant
    Were I you, Pawel, I'd have opted for a different one: Oedipus simply is too tainted with Freudian interpretations this day and age.

Conversely though, I think it's great for people to actually come to grips with the actual drama and its classic philosophic extensions rather than just being vaguely aware of some (outmoded) psychological link.
  5. The other choice was Antigone - overdone in high school here and I want to introduce the students to OTHER Greek tragedies.

I will have to tell them about the Freudian link, but that will take me a minute as a trivia.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The other choice was Antigone - overdone in high school here and I want to introduce the students to OTHER Greek tragedies.

Fair enough.
    And Stavroula IS of course completely right: I couldn't easily come up with any Greek tragedy that SO clearly embodies all the major concepts of fate and destiny!

I will have to tell them about the Freudian link, but that will take me a minute as a trivia.

applause
    Pawel, you THE MAN!
  6. I am there to talk about LITERATURE, not FREUD, my friend smile
  7. Hmm, time to revive my old humanities thread...