• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2013
    Yeah. yeah, yeah. Fæck offz.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I'm kinda pissed too. been spending the night with a couple of buddies. Been drinking speciality beers and watching the Eurovision song contest, of all things. Very tipsy.

Eurovision song contest? Eh!??? confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh, and "hic!" beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ZEBEDEE SAYS....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    I'm kinda pissed too. been spending the night with a couple of buddies. Been drinking speciality beers and watching the Eurovision song contest, of all things. Very tipsy.

Eurovision song contest? Eh!??? confused

Yeah, the Norwegian finals.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ahhhhh!

I'm not even sure the UK is represented this year? It'll be a shame if it's not because that'll mean no TV coverage.
  1. Thor wrote
    Geez,, I drank from a beer bottle that had all my used snus in it, and now I'm naseous. Stupid.

You must have been seriously drunk, my friend. Which is understandable if the Norwegian final of the ESC is half as bad as the German one is. biggrin

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Ahhhhh!

I'm not even sure the UK is represented this year? It'll be a shame if it's not because that'll mean no TV coverage.

If we do enter, I am hoping someone will do a cover of Cage's 4'33", just to give us a chance.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Where's the like button for a comment on MT?? lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Ahhhhh!

If we do enter, I am hoping someone will do a cover of Cage's 4'33", just to give us a chance.

Sorry, only original and never before released songs are allowed, not longer than 3 minutes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2013
    No probs, Cage's 2 mins 99 will do.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013
    I'm off out tonight with a group of friends, down to a pub in the city centre that has a Tuesday night quiz, should be fun and the pub landlord is a friend of ours.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013
    We won and left with all the money! cool

I could have been doing something better like staying home and listening to Ennio Morricone's score to What Dreams May Come but I suppose winning money comes a close second.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013
    Great evening tonight.

Attended a Bernard Herrmann concert with the Norwegian Radio Orchestra. I'll do a write-up for Montages shortly.

The program was:

NORTH BY NORTHWEST
    CITIZEN KANE
    THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD
    PSYCHO
    TAXI DRIVER (weirdest interpretation of the sax solo ever!)
    THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
    THE SNOWS OF KILIMANJARO
    VERTIGO
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2013 edited
    Wow! That sounds excellent. i look forward to reading your review Thor beer

I just gotta know what was weird about the sax solo? confused dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Wow! That sounds excellent. i look forward to reading your review Thor beer

I just gotta know what was weird about the sax solo? confused dizzy

Suddenly he starts using the sax to mimic "traffic noises" like car horns, passing cars etc. It's intriguing, but more of a gimmick that removes some of the theme's elegance otherwise (even though he plays the rest of it brilliantly).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2013 edited
    Off to pub then to friends party punk beer

Something For The Weekend

WARNING: Video contains sexy girls
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2013
    We're out of synch again, Tim, but have a great one! I had my big evening yesterday. Tonight is home night and stuffing myself with chocolate, chips, caramel and other unhealthy delights! lick
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2013
    I'll down a pint or 5 for you beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013
    Third day of the four-day seminar at one of Norway's oldest hotels (350 years old) way out in the middle of nowhere. Great location and great food, and currently sitting in my hotel room, listening to Juno Reactor on my computer, drinking local beer and gearing up for the final evening "party dinner". Great way to spend a Wednesday evening. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    Third day of the four-day seminar at one of Norway's oldest hotels (350 years old) way out in the middle of nowhere. Great location and great food, and currently sitting in my hotel room, listening to Juno Reactor on my computer, drinking local beer and gearing up for the final evening "party dinner". Great way to spend a Wednesday evening. smile

Was the seminar school- or music-related?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013 edited
    Schoolrelated.

I'm now back home, extremely tired and hung over. Kept it going to 6:30 last night, and had to get up for some more seminars at 10:00. I was still drunk at the time. dizzy sleep
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thor wrote
    Schoolrelated.

I'm now back home, extremely tired and hung over. Kept it going to 6:30 last night, and had to get up for some more seminars at 10:00. I was still drunk at the time. dizzy sleep

Wait till your students find out about your livestyle ... shocked spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013
    They'll be proud.

Incidentally -- and this may be of interest to guitar buffs like Timmer -- my main "study buddy" is a man named Carsten Boe, and he's one of Norway's best guitarists in the Django Reinhardt-type style.

Here's him playing a Django-inspired version of the JAMES BOND theme (with a nod to Morricone in there):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW0uUEsefKE

I think it's pretty cool!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013
    Thor wrote
    They'll be proud.

Incidentally -- and this may be of interest to guitar buffs like Timmer -- my main "study buddy" is a man named Carsten Boe, and he's one of Norway's best guitarists in the Django Reinhardt-type style.

Here's him playing a Django-inspired version of the JAMES BOND theme (with a nod to Morricone in there):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW0uUEsefKE

I think it's pretty cool!

Woah! But he's good! shocked cool

A bit of a cheat though....he's got more fingers than Django wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013
    True. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2013 edited
    Exciting evening tonight. I'm going to a birthday party in the middle of nowhere, about 30 minutes with train from Oslo. It's so far away that I have to spend the night there. It's a German friend of mine, and she has invited to an international party (people from Japan, Afghanistan, Germany, Finland, Latvia and Norway). She has promised me German beer and big screen karaoke, so I'm all set! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Thor wrote

She has promised me German beer ...! smile

beer drink fireworks wave

Have fun!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2013
    Sounds brill, let us know how you got on Thunderer.

I'm off out tonight too, nothing quite as exciting, just pub, pool and friends. Cheers! beer