• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2016
    iæ'm extremeely dunk right now. 20 beers and half a bottle o f red wine. i even fell while trying to bicyclung homw. some peoepl hellped me. fuck off.

couh surfing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    you are so lazy ass, peples.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    yeah, yeah. yeah....fucl off
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    wake up, it's 1084.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    smooooorh.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    you guys are lazy. ome one! be wrae of the situatin.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Where is Klaatu when you need him?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Still couch surfing*. I'm in the middle of buying a flat, fingers crossed it shouldn't be too long now. It seems like years since I last listened to classical or film music on my stereo, Spotify is my only friend in that regard at the moment.

*I'm in "permanent" residence now thanks to a good friend with a large house so I have my own room with bed and TV, I couldn't bring Gomez with me because of Louis the Irish wolfhound ( bloody lovely dog he is too ) so Gomez is with his Uncle Marcus, one of my best mates (who always looked after him when I was off travelling) and his two cats Barny & Hector, I get to see him whenever I can.

Wishing you all the best mate, let us know smile cheers
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2016 edited
    Geezes, I was totally sloshed last night. Haven't been that drunk in ages. Ridiculous. Feel like I've been through a meat grinder today.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    wake up, it's 1084.

Already? It feels like just yesterday William the Conqueror was sailing across the channel! How time flies...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Haven't been that drunk in ages.

"Ages" being measured in weeks, these days... wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016
    You go to Cannes Thor? Wow!
    Bicyclung to homw Thor? Wow!
    20 beers ánd wine Thor? Wow!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016
    LOL. Yeah. Impressed you got the gist of that. I actually was so drunk on Saturday, I fell off the bike when I was cycling home, but thankfully I wasn't hurt or fell into oncoming traffic or anything.

I tell myself that I HAVE to stop posting on messageboards when I get back home, but if it's early (in this case around 1:30), and I need some time to "land", it's too tempting. slant
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016
    Off quizzing at a pub.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016
    Music or general?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2016
    General. The whole team including myself had overdone it this weekend ( it's a Bank holiday Monday here in UK ) and it showed, boy were we bad, quite a lot of questions we could have got right but went for answer B when we already had A and changed answers back and forth until we wrote down the wrong answer rolleyes, we came 4th out of 11 teams ( 1 point ahead of three teams who were all joint 5th ) a full 12 points behind 1st.

Still, it was a lovely evening spent with good friends. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016
    That's the problem with drinking the day after -- at first you repair, and things are OK. But then from there on, you can't really get drunk. The body has become too accustomed to the alcohol. After the 15 beers yesterday, I'm feeling that now. 5 beers in, and I feel no different. slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I would hazard to guess that's little to do with drinking the previous night, and largely to do with drinking in general given that your liver is working overtime to produce the enzymes. Though whether your liver is on high alert after a heavy night is an interesting question. (You also have to take into account what, when and how much you've eaten prior to drinking plus the social placebo.)

The science of getting smashed is quite interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, I've tried to read up on it, watch documentaries etc., but in general, I prefer not to, because it feels too uncomfortable and close to home (a bit like seeing a documentary on how meat is made).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016 edited
    One can be more difficult to watch than the other depending on which you favour; your health or ethics. It's for that reason I've given up -or at least do my best most of the time- one of those things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Screw health and ethics! I just want to get drunk and have a good time.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I have no ethical qualms whatsoever with eating meat. This whole vegan thing is a by-product of general prosperity if not of decadence. lick smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Me neither. But that doesn't necessarily mean I want to see the whole slaughtering process.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anyway, I met this gorgeous girl last nigh; I think she's of South American or Spanish origin, and I've been trying to text her on facebook. No response so far.

I'm going out again now (had 11 beers and two glasses of white whine), but my hopes of finding a chick is small. Something has happened to me. I don't have the charisma like I used to.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have relatively little ethical qualms in eating meat or killing animals for food, but it's dependent on how the animal was raised and slaughtered. That's meat ethics 101. Given the conditions most livestock endure, I find it easier -from a moral standpoint- just to avoid it altogether. Though I occasionally fail... especially when I've got alcohol-related munchies.

I have nothing against anyone who eats meat of course, given that I am a meat-eater, or even those who don't consider its source and indeed the ethics. It's so deeply ingrained in culture to view meat as a product, especially with the way it's sold, it's hardly surprising that most people just don't think about it. I do, however, have an issue with those who double-down when given the opportunity and fail to admit the ethical benefits of veganism and vegetarianism, as though the ideas are coming from some crazed cult. Certainly some hipster vegan-types do take things too far, where an ideology has formed, and seems to include a lot of anti-science bullshit for some reason - but they are a minority. Non-meat eating does not have to be an ideology.

Unless you live life like an extreme hippie, completely off the grid and growing food with your own shit, we're all culpable in supporting some sort of unethical process. I freely admit this, and can't morally defend much of what I do. Getting people to admit that when it comes to meat, however, can prove a little more difficult. I think that's a problem. But I think it's one we'll slowly begin to see, and I hope in the future we'll look back on how we raised livestock in much the same way that we look back on slavery today. (I don't use that comparison to be inflammatory, but to point out how social morality from one era is drastically different from the next.)

Anyway. Not that anyone asked (and will no doubt be accused of proselytizing no matter how I describe it), my decision to avoid meat even though I sometimes fail is not an ideology closed off to reason. It's a preference, one that doesn't require others to adhere to, and something that I will continue with until a) someone makes a sufficiently convincing counter argument and b) something better comes along (like synthetic meat for example).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I realise I just lowered the tone of this thread...
  3. Er ... nothing on the telly tonight? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ha. Well, at least you didn't double down. (Still, if you want to, the TV can wait.)
  4. Nope. Bedtime actually. :yawn:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor was right, you're all boring!

I guess I'll get back to cooking my ethically farmed, gluten free, organic, chemical free tofu meal for tomorrow's Monsanto protest.