• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    I actually opened this thread when searching for the vomit bucket but i thought i'd do his fans a bit of good mood today, with the news smile

24: REDEMPTION
    Original Television Soundtrack

Music Composed by Sean Callery

The pulse-pounding countdown gets a jumpstart as 24: REDEMPTION, the unprecedented feature-length event from television's most provocative and suspenseful series, arrives on DVD November 25th from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, the Tuesday immediately following the network television premiere. 24: Redemption bridges the gap between Seasons 6 and 7, and is the first new material from 24 producers in over a year-and-a-half. The two-hour broadcast special will premiere Sunday, November 23rd on FOX.

Audiences last saw Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) literally standing on the precipice of a mountain cliff grappling with the reality that for all his heroics, he'd once more lost the woman he loved. 24: Redemption catches up with Bauer four years later, on the African continent, where he has sought solace in missionary work. As the action unfolds on the day of the U.S. Presidential Inauguration, he finds himself in the midst of a bloody uprising in the small fictitious African nation of Sangala, where a ruthless dictator is drafting innocent children as soldiers in his army. As the vicious warlord descends on an orphanage in search of recruits, Jack enters into a one-man crusade at the behest of a friend to rescue the children and get them to safety.

Sean Callery returns to provide his most exotic and exhilarating score — the first time his music for 24 has been presented in the form of a single self-contained work.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 936 2
    Release Date: 11/18/08
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008 edited
    NIIICE!! cool

Soundtrack, AND DVD!

But orphans are the new nuclear weapons? Lame. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Was lame right from the beginning mate wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Umm...yeah... rolleyes

Go back to Lost. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    punk

I can´t wait!

And Demetris, go back to the island, where Jack Bauer won´t find you crazy tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    And Demetris, go back to the island, where Jack Bauer won´t find you crazy tongue

I think the past six seasons have proved that Jack Bauer will find you within a 24 hour period, no matter how far away you are. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    sleep

Especially if you're sleeping.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

I think the past six seasons have proved that Jack Bauer will find you within a 24 hour period, no matter how far away you are. wink

biggrin

Within a 24 hour period he can find you, torture you and be back home by dinner time; that would be if Bauer actually ever eats something tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Spoiler alert:

The orphans are smuggling suitcase nukes.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    24 Redemption track listing (possible minor spoiler alert...but it's a pretty obvious one for 24):

1. Prologue — Sangala (4:07)
    2. Across The Plains (1:00)
    3. Willie (2:56)
    4. Dubaku On The Hunt (3:17)
    5. Jack and Benton (3:33)
    6. Soccer Game Interrupted (3:55)
    7. Vultures (2:51)
    8. Paranoid Friend (1:32)
    9. Don’t Let Them Take My Kids (4:44)
    10. Tortured Jack (3:56)
    11. Evacuating The School (3:09)
    12. Anything At All (1:44)
    13. One Man Against Juma’s Army (2:36)
    14. Benton’s Sacrifice (4:27)
    15. Street Battle (3:37)
    16. Open The Gate (4:22)
    17. New President In A Troubled World (2:52)

And look at the artwork, it's EXACTLY the same as the one I made last week. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    24 Redemption track listing (possible minor spoiler alert...but it's a pretty obvious one for 24):

110. Tortured Jack (3:56)

Not big spoilers actually biggrin

Anthony wrote
    And look at the artwork, it's EXACTLY the same as the one I made last week. biggrin

Damn Anthony, Varese has a mole at MainTitles. Next time I´d copyright the artwork if I were you.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

110. Tortured Jack (3:56)

Not big spoilers actually biggrin

I thought the spoiler would be "14. Benton’s Sacrifice (4:27)". I mean, he's a character that's so blatantly going to die...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    Maintitles obviously has a lot of "secret readers".
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wow, it's not just synthy...it's African synthy. rolleyes

Damn cliches. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What did you expect? I am sorry but i could never understand how anyone could appreciate Sean Callery's horrendous sound for 24. It's childishly bad, no matter how it might fit the visuals or not.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I used to like it, but since I haven't watched 24 for over a year (and have watched a ton of Lost in that time), it's finally hit me that this music really is crap. sad
  1. Anthony wrote
    I used to like it, but since I haven't watched 24 for over a year (and have watched a ton of Lost in that time), it's finally hit me that this music really is crap. sad

this music is not crap, this is music that doesn't function well outside the series, inside it makes all goddamn sense, and truthfully, there is some killer music which I never found on any of the 2 Varese releases, I wonder sometimes what they choose instead confused

Lost is brilliant, but Lost 3 I was nearly falling asleep, but again it are the selections because Varese in my part missed out on some highlights
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008 edited
    I used to think the 24 music was good, but now I'm really familiar with Lost, going back to anything that doesn't contain proper themes or motifs actually sucks. It just feels all over the place. Over all of 24, all I can seem to remember is the main theme, Palmer's theme, Jack's family theme, the Salazar's theme, a couple of themes for the terrorists...and a 4 note motif for Logan. That's it! Over 6 series too. shame

3 and a half seasons in to Lost and we've got close to 80 themes and motifs! shocked

(Shit, that's actually a lot!)

What highlights did you think were missing from the Lost S3 soundtrack?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I thought Season 3 score was as good as any of the other seasons and even better and the release that complemented it was absolutely perfect. Actually i can't wait for season 4's CD.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008
    Yup, I'm simply waiting for "when" now. wink

Freighter theme, Freighter theme, Freighter theme!!
  2. New interview with the composer. It's fun, interesting, and you get to hear -- if you've not heard (like myself) the theme from "Homeland" (which opens and closes the interview):

http://www.filmmusicmedia.com/interview … eancallery
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2012 edited
    Emmy Award-Winning Composer Sean Callery, who is currently nominated for his 12th Emmy Award, for Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music for Showtime's "Homeland," the 2012 Golden Globe-winning and nine-time Emmy-nominated drama. Sean is one of the most humble men in show biz, and yet he is tied for the 2nd most Emmy wins for a television composer, and this nomination makes Callery one of the top 3 most Emmy-nominated television composers.

Known for composing suspense-driven scores on FOX’s hit series “24,” Callery earned 9 Emmy nominations throughout the course of the show, which ran for 8 seasons and also included the 2008 TV movie “24: Redemption.” Of those nods, he won Emmys for Outstanding Music Composition 3 times. In 2011, Callery scored another Emmy nomination for “The Kennedys,” an eight-part mini-series that starred Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes, and premiered worldwide on the Reelz Channel. In 1993, Callery was a sound editor on UPN’s “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,” which was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Sound Editing for a Series.

This particular main title for "Homeland" was a challenge for Callery, as he had to compose and arrange the music to best poke through the complex layers of sound effects and dialogue in a very powerful way. Sean had played jazz piano all through college, so he was thrilled to be able to play on the track and have the jazz language infused throughout the series. He is currently writing original music for its second season, which will premiere Sept. 30, 2012. He will also be writing for the upcoming CBS drama, "Elementary" starring Johnny Lee Miller, Lucy Liu and Aiden Quinn.

Callery’s other TV projects include: CBS' drama "Medium," FOX’s popular show "Bones," which is about to enter its eighth season, USA Network's "La Femme Nikita," FOX’s “The Finder,” Hulu’s 10-part series “The Confession,” CBS’ “Shark,” NBC’s “Treasure Hunters,” and many others. Callery has also composed music for the 2011 Tibetan film documentary, "Crazy Wisdom: The Life and Times of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche." In addition to “Homeland,” Callery is scoring the independent film “Small Time,” directed and written by Surnow.

Callery has conducted his own works, most recently with the Tenerife Film Orchestra and Choir at the Fimucite International Film Music festival on the Canary Islands, Spain. He also has three soundtrack albums featuring music from the "24" series and is working on soundtracks for both "The Kennedys" and for "Homeland." In May 2012, Callery participated in the NYU/ASCAP Foundation Film Scoring Workshop in Memory of Buddy Baker, a composer who scored many of Walt Disney’s films. Callery was a featured composer who spearheaded the workshop dedicated to Hollywood film scoring.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2012 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    New interview with the composer. It's fun, interesting, and you get to hear -- if you've not heard (like myself) the theme from "Homeland" (which opens and closes the interview):

http://www.filmmusicmedia.com/interview … eancallery

That was indeed a good interview. Homeland sounds a bit like Terenche Blanchard stuff.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2012
    I've also just noticed Sean Callery has a new website with some more recent music from 24.