• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2008 edited
    There will be a new Red Sonja film coming up later in 2009. Already making my own "wish list" composer wise:

1) Why... should be nice if Morricone can come back with the score this pic. Minus the atonal parts of the 1985 score, but with the great "lyrics"; Sonja, Sonja, Sonja, Sonja!

2) Christopher Lennertz.... well I have to admit I don't know any score of this guy, only the nice music he wrote for Warhawk (PS3 game) but I like that Poledouris' sound he captured with some parts of Warhawk... so why not letting him score Red Sonja? http://www.christopherlennertz.com/

3) ... this will never happen, but Horner scoring this in great harsh Krull / Willow form. Whoah.... that will be something.

... unfortunately considering that this is a Rodriguez co-pic, I am afraid we will get Graeme Revell or Rodriguez himself... yuck. Lets hope that will not happen.

Quite looking forward though, I love fantasy (pics, books, movies) What about you guys, which composer?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/red_sonja/
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2008
    The Morricone score was absolutely fantastic! Imagine if he was brought back to this!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I adore the Morricone score for Red Sonja... I love the delightful 'horse riding' music, the fantastic romantic love theme with those soaring strings that go higher and higher... the soft female chorus, the mixed chorus... the battle music... here it comes again "sonja, sonja, sonja, sonja" (boom! timpani) love that!

Didn't like the very shitty arrangement on the album, as well as some atonal music and the truly awful sound.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    It would be great to see (and hear) what Morricone would do with the movie some 20 years from the original. Actually, he scored two versions of Nana so it would be not a unique experience for him to write music for two versions of the same story. But as Talos stated before, I'm afraid we can only dream of the Maestro coming back since it is a Rodriguez movie...
  1. indeed, the score of Morricone was very good, but I don't think this will happen.
    They will probably want to make of it a more flashy production, so I'll bet Brian Tyler will be asked to score it tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Maybe Debney....
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    JOHN WILLIAMS punk

How cool would that be, Williams does sword n' sorcery cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL! 'nuff said!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I mentioned Goldenthal on another thread a week or two ago as being the TOP choice for an upcoming CONAN movie.

Goldenthal would be a great choice for Sonja but c'mon, wouldn't you rather he did CONAN!!! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I mentioned Goldenthal on another thread a week or two ago as being the TOP choice for an upcoming CONAN movie.

Goldenthal would be a great choice for Sonja but c'mon, wouldn't you rather he did CONAN!!! cool

True! Goldenthal on Conan, Edward Shearmur on Red Sonja.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Too bad Basil Poledouris is no longer with us ... sad

Carter Burwell ??
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Eric wrote

I raise my glass to that.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Eric wrote

Me too.

To great memories and a fabulous legacy of music beer
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Eric wrote

Me too.

To great memories and a fabulous legacy of music beer
    sad beer