• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2008 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I've an article where he discussed film music with David Raksin. He wasn't fond of film music you know. Called it wallpaper.

"Wallpaper?" shocked Wow. LOL Well as mean - and random - as that may be, it nevertheless doesn't change my love for the composer's music and that awesome quote in my sig. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    William wrote
    Rian wrote
    Yak! Burgers... vomit

You don't like burgers...? shocked

No.Fucking.Way he doesn't like burgers! That can't be humanly possible! shocked

I hate them, sorry. Only set foot in a McDo or similar maybe 4 times in my life... all of them more or less forced. Sure, give me the meat with patatoes or fries, with some fresh vegetables. But no (YUCK) breads with vegetable-ish things and sauce on it. Bweuuuuurk! vomit
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, you know: there are OTHER burgers in the world apart McD's
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Let's just say I'm a bit picky on food, and fast food is not particularly high on my list. smile Mmmm...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    McDonalds make the worst burgers in the world, no wonder you were put off. There's a local pub/bar just down the road that make the BEST burgers I have ever tasted. They call it the Scream Burger... why I'm not sure, but damn do they taste good. So good they must have been made from MainTitles cows. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Rian wrote
    Let's just say I'm a bit picky on food, and fast food is not particularly high on my list. smile Mmmm...

Very nice. But just the same as music, I do like the odd piece of shitty goodness. Nothing beats it after a night out drinking since your body is craving sugar and salt.

I'm so healthy...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    COULDN'T AGREE MORE! Man you should never judge a form of food based on its cheap, fast-food version for God's sake. There's bars and restaurants that make big, tasty juicy burgers that are SOOOO good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    COULDN'T AGREE MORE! Man you should never judge a form of food based on its cheap, fast-food version for God's sake. There's bars and restaurants that make big, tasty juicy burgers that are SOOOO good!

Take the pickle away and it becomes a desert. They're packed with sugar... vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Rian wrote

This looks good. But it also reminds me of those "high", "glamorous" plates that cost the shit load and you actually need 5 times the amount of food contained in one such a plate, to even get close to feeling full. A piece of high meat here, a leaf of high vegetable there, a piece of boiled high vegetable here and 2 milligrams of our top-secret tasty high sauce here and there goes the 50 dollar plate. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Well then you just make it yourself? smile A piece of cote à l'os from the butcher, on the grill at home. Serve with bread and some garlic-flavoured olive oil. Even some salad for those who like it.

Oh, and burgers are just so uncommon here, so McD and Quick (local brand) is all we've got. I can name not a single restaurant that servers burgers...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed; salads..mmm mmmmmm :inlove:
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Very few things beat quality burgers made in quality restaurants. These have as much to do with McDonald's as films on iPhone have to do with films in theatres.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Don't tempt me biggrin

MMMMMMmmmmmmm! burger.....cheese......relish.......mmmmmmm!!!!! lick

Cheese burger with onions. punk lick

Just stick ALL the burger goodness in it! punk lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fuck it, I'm going to The Reg to get a scream burger... diet be dammed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Very few things beat quality burgers made in quality restaurants. These have as much to do with McDonald's as films on iPhone have to do with films in theatres.

I make excellent one's from scratch, and kebabs..... lick cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Fuck it, I'm going to The Reg to get a scream burger... diet be dammed.

biggrin cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    SCREAM BURGER?!? WANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    we're back to the blood and body parts
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2008
    I had a hickory smoked burger from the ale house today (All they really do is ass bar-b-que suace to it) tongue .

Please Maxime, have a GOOD burger once in your life. Make a delicious one yourself if you have to. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008
    I just want to point out that there's no such thing as a "burger". It's called "Hamburger" because of its Hamburg origins, not because there's ham in it.

And hence the term "Cheeseburger" is also incorrect. One should say "Cheese Hamburger".

But of course we all know that. We just wait for J-F to show up and be nitpicky about it and then chase him with pitchforks. biggrin
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    sdtom wrote
    I've an article where he discussed film music with David Raksin. He wasn't fond of film music you know. Called it wallpaper.

And furthermore, I just want to issue a comeback to David Raksin: maybe film music is wallpaper but at least it has a wall.

By that same analogy, classical music is just paper.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    HeeroJF wrote
    I just want to point out that there's no such thing as a "burger". It's called "Hamburger" because of its Hamburg origins, not because there's ham in it.

And hence the term "Cheeseburger" is also incorrect. One should say "Cheese Hamburger".

But of course we all know that. We just wait for J-F to show up and be nitpicky about it and then chase him with pitchforks. biggrin

Get out.

( biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hey, that's what I say. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008 edited
    Where's my pitchfork...? kill

wink

But not really!
    uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    "Cows do like it here too!"

And crazy people apparently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Does anyone know when international Cow Day is? We might start to think about festivities around here.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Does anyone know when international Cow Day is? We might start to think about festivities around here.

It was cow day every day in Britain during 12 years of Thatcher.