• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    NP : THE BEYONDNESS OF THINGS - John Barry

There's not a dud track on this entire album but I will point out one particular piece ( still a couple of tracks away ) which is Gifts of Nature, a lullaby like melody that is gobsmackingly gorgeous and IMO one of the most beautiful pieces of music Barry has ever written, heartfelt and truly moving, for me, a sublime piece of music.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: THIS PLACE IN TIME...Cecile Schott.

This is from the film Elegy. I really don't know what to make of it confused

Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    NP: THIS PLACE IN TIME...Cecile Schott.

This is from the film Elegy. I really don't know what to make of it confused

Thomas smile

Is this a film score or a concert piece used in a film Tom?

Either way you don't sound very enthused by it?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : A CLASSICAL SYMPHONY - Sergei Prokofiev

Another one of those timeless works that was a childhood favourite. I still love it! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Another one of those timeless works that was a childhood favourite. I still love it! cool

I think it's one of the ones they're playing when I go to the Proms. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    #1...This is a film that I'm going to have to see.
    #2...I'm just not sure what to make of it
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    NP: [Self Titled] - Gorillaz
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

I think it's one of the ones they're playing when I go to the Proms. cool

Cool as f**k punk cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD OR SYMPHONY IN F...Korngold

Unlike John Williams and his flute concerto Korngold classical works are in the tradition of his film scores.
    Thomas smile
  1. NP: Museum (Gordon)

A strange thing happened a moment ago. This piece - which I know quite well - played out slightly differently to the way I remembered it. The moment where my expectation of the piece and the way it played out drifted apart, I felt dizzy for a moment. Very strange.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoy212
    Playing an old Naxos CD.....J. Strauss Jr., Vol. 2. Just love to hear some really nice waltzes every once in a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    At least have your blood pressure checked. You know what happened to me.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 edited
    Alter Bridge - One Day Remains

Mindnumbing hard rock (well, officially their type of music apparently is labeled "alternative metal/post-grunge" ... I don''t even know what the fuck that means! shocked ) to soothe the savage soul.
    Not for every occasion, to be sure, and it's not particularly outstanding on any level (other than that of decibels biggrin ), but it gets the job done.
    punk <- me headbanging and incurring somewhat of a headache myself
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Alter Bridge - One Day Remains

Mindnumbing hard rock (well, officially their type of music apparently is labeled "alternative metal/post-grunge" ... I don''t even know what the fuck that means! shocked ) to soothe the savage soul.
    Not for every occasion, to be sure, and it's not particularly outstanding on any level (other than that of decibels biggrin ), but it gets the job done.
    punk <- me headbanging and incurring somewhat of a headache myself

Sounds like something that would just about finish me off today!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Uh.
    Yeah.

shame

(quickly and quietly switches to Enigma 's Sadeness)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Uh.
    Yeah.

shame

(quickly and quietly switches to Enigma 's Sadeness)

Ooooh ...a bit too wet for me wink

I was going to play Barry's DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER just now but the first Barry "stinger" as soon as the song starts ( and only familiar to those with the expanded releases ) felt like I'd been stabbed in the eye with a brass flavoured tooth-pick slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008
    NP : ITAIPU - Philip Glass

Magnificent orchestral / choral powerhouse, a HUGE work! loveitloveitloveit punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    Symphonies 1 and 5 Prokofiev (Eugene Ormandy: Philadelphia Orchestra)

Just listening to a bit of Prokofiev in 'preparation' for tomorrow's Prom. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Symphonies 1 and 5 Prokofiev (Eugene Ormandy: Philadelphia Orchestra)

Just listening to a bit of Prokofiev in 'preparation' for tomorrow's Prom. cheesy

cool Let us know what it was like?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SYMPHONY # 5 - Dmitri Shostakovitch

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Gotta love them Ruskie composers.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Gotta love them Ruskie composers.

yep! beer cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008 edited
    NP: When It Falls - Zero 7

Man, this stuff always hits the spot.

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    LSH wrote
    NP: When It Falls - Zero 7

Man, this stuff always hits the spot.

cool

Perfect for this time in the morning cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    Perfect for this time in the morning cool beer

Indeed. Chill-out heaven. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I am getting a new Naxos set of the 9 symphonies of Vaughan Williams
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    KARL JENKINS - REQUIEM

Such a brilliant and grand orchestral, vocal and choral atmosphere under deeply profound themes and exotic atmosphere is something you don't get everyday. I just love the work of Jenkins during the last 8 years or so.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    KARL JENKINS - REQUIEM

Such a brilliant and grand orchestral, vocal and choral atmosphere under deeply profound themes and exotic atmosphere is something you don't get everyday. I just love the work of Jenkins during the last 8 years or so.

Ueah, I like a lot of his stuff too. cool

Make sure you check out Michael's John Adams recommendations D, I think you'll really li it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    KARL JENKINS - REQUIEM

Make sure you check out Michael's John Adams recommendations D, I think you'll really li it.

I have already previewed some stuff, it's intense. I like it. will look out for more of that! wave beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    KARL JENKINS - REQUIEM

I have already previewed some stuff, it's intense. I like it. will look out for more of that! wave beer

Oddly enough, when I came off the computer earlier I watched a little UKhistory channe documentary about the development of the Volks Waggon Beetle and it was John Adams 'Short Ride In A Fast Machine' piece playing over scenes of production line car construction.....it worked perfectly cool