• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. This time it's the talented John Parker. Theme compseor of "CHiPs", composer on countless famous/well-known TV series: Dallas, SWAT; Walker, Texas Ranger; Gunsmoke, Barnaby Jones, and the list goes on.

:-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. I didn't think it would be so quiet. Anyone?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    Well what did you expect? I don't think old American TV scores by a composer I doubt many people have heard of are of any particular interest for the vast majority of people on this forum. (I think it's safe to say you're the American version of Joep.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What does he think of contemporary American tv themes? Still the 'if I'm working in the kitchen and I hear the *insert theme here* in the background, I know the series begins* principle?

Did that question make sense? spin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    "It is telling of society's waning attention span that opening TV themes have become shorter and shorter? While we used to be treated to a full 90-second mini-opus of sound and imagery representing the series, we now have a barely-20-second blurb that you could blink and miss, and for which the composer is lucky if he's able to squeeze in any kind of thematic idea at all."
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me