• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Just wait until I smash your back Steven. Pain will become your partner for the rest of your life!

Smash, with BREGT WEIGHTS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    Indeed, because I'm not exactly the definition of man.
    Kazoo
  1. My guesses just went in smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    My guesses just went in smile

WORDS!!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2008
    Sorry I'm too busy to participate in the games these days. I feel like I'm missing out on a lotta fun and good music.

Peter slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2008
    plindboe wrote
    Sorry I'm too busy to participate in the games these days. I feel like I'm missing out on a lotta fun and good music.

Peter slant

Yeah, it was bending my brain. I've decided to give the last three games a miss, I'll join back in soon.

p.s. This is the first game I've seen Erik take part in for Months.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008
    Looks like I snuck in my answers just in time! Boy this was an exhilarating game to listen to!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter slant

Yeah, it was bending my brain. I've decided to give the last three games a miss, I'll join back in soon.

And me. wink
  2. HeeroJF wrote
    Looks like I snuck in my answers just in time! Boy this was an exhilarating game to listen to!

hehe, good to hear that, I'll examine the answers this evening and leave it open until tomorrow, so you can try again for those who I'll correct this evening

Plindboe, you still have time smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter slant

And me. wink

Ah yeah, true! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter slant

And me. wink

Ah yeah, true! wink

Action music is my forte! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Update, 2 new names (PawelStroinski and HeeroJF) join the party and both did extremely well. Erik Woods is one final answer away from the absolute maximum (everyone should take an example from him tongue ) and Zirael takes a gigantic leap, leaving Bregt close to last place (thanks Zirael) kiss

Now Playing: 15 shocked this has got to be a record right?

The question is, who can dare to defeat Erik???????????????????????????????????????????

1. Erik Woods: 45 points shocked
    2. Jim Ware: 35 points smile
    3. Steven: 32 points cool
    4. Christopher & Zirael: 31 points
    5. lp & Ranietz: 30 points
    6. PawelStroinski: 27 points wave
    7. Southal: 25 points
    8. HeeroJF: 23 points wave
    9. Antineutrino: 21 points
    10. FalkirkBairn: 20 points
    11. Anthony: 18 points
    12. Bregt: 17 points crazy
    13. Demonstar: 8 points sleep

Guessed the bonus: Antineutrino, Christopher, PawelStroinski & Erik Woods punk

What a list of names, and Bregt's almost last (like it always should be biggrin )

I'll leave this game running until tomorrow, so everyone can go one final time

Go out my children and beat Bregt wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Must. Know. Answers.

Seriously, there's a lot of good stuff in there I want to get.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I could easily pop into this game and annihilate Erik, but I feel in a generous mood and shall let him win. moon wink
  4. Anthony wrote
    Must. Know. Answers.

Seriously, there's a lot of good stuff in there I want to get.

like which numbers Anthony?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Ah crap, totally overlooked this topic. I might be able to score some points in this one, so i'll send in my answers when I'm done watching 3:10.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No no no noooo!!!!!!!!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008
    Sent! *fingers crossed*
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Well, at least I'll get to discover a lot of new scores this way wink biggrin

Since this is action music related anyway, can anyone please identify this clip for me -

http://www.zshare.net/audio/50910643c56af2ce/

It's from a TV rip so it has some SFX, but I think it's quite clear enough. I think it's from a film score because I heard them play quite some score cues on that show, like from Gladiator and Van Helsing.
  5. Final Score, Erik wins punk with only one guess unacounted for, Ranietz takes second place, Jim has bronze. Congrats guys. smile Rian is our 16th player and guesses himself directly in the middle. Demonstar sadly remained last, but at least he got another point to make sure it didn't look silly. Bregt took a few final points but I had to ban his ass because he didn't know track number 7, come'on Bregt and you call yourself a fan? biggrin

Anyway, thanks for playing, answers will come directly (I will explain the hints considering some people didn't understand them, and I think some will not understand them after I explained them biggrin ) Hope you all had a wonderful action filled time, I did because it took me hours correcting everything wink

Played: 16

1. Erik Woods: 45 points punk
    2. Ranietz: 36 points
    3. Jim Ware: 35 points
    4. Zirael: 34 points
    5. Steven: 32 points
    6. Christopher: 31 points
    7. lp & HeeroJF: 30 points
    8. PawelStroinski: 27 points
    9. Rian: 26 points
    10. Southal: 25 points
    11. Bregt: 24 points
    12. Antineutrino: 21 points
    13. FalkirkBairn: 20 points
    14. Anthony: 18 points
    15. Demonstar: 9 points

Guessed the bonus: Antineutrino, Christopher, PawelStroinski & Erik Woods smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yeah bitches! Take that!

Ok, seriously, this was fun. I'm shit at these games but I'm pretty good with action music. I'll try and put a sound clip game together for you. Need to make it unique though. Maybe guess that cue in three notes or less... wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Answers please, Thomas. smile
  6. Yeah!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. The Answers

1. all fairytales begin with "once upon a time", this saga introduced us another line
    Answer: A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away was the tagline: The Episide was Return of the Jedi (John Williams), the famous final fight between the starships and fighters
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. box, oh heavenly box
    Answer: Of course the famous Indiana Jones box, we hear music from Temple of Doom (John Williams)considering it is the most anticipated one of them all
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. the word is no, therefore I am going anyway
    Answer: the line Captain Kirk said before stealing the enterprise, this is Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (James Horner)
    4. on mars they are desperate for air
    Answer: rollicking classic, for the battle for air on Mars, this in Verhoeven's amazing Total Recall (Jerry Goldsmith), this is The Eand of a Dream track
    5. I thought going to school was tough, but this is even worse
    Answer: the fight for surival when terrorist take a school captive, Sean Astin must rescue them all in this amazing Toy Soldiers (Robert Folk) score
    6. a beaver shot it took to get a cult status
    Answer: beaver shot it was called in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon, doing a Basic Instinct (Jerry Goldsmith) maneuver, a classic
    7. Bad Dawg, and then BOOM
    Answer: I should have never given a hint, this is one of the best scores ever written. But the tagline is for Geena Davis in CutThroat Island (John Debney) right before blowing up her uncle with a canonball beer
    8. the full release contained this ambush cue amongst many other brilliant ones
    Answer: First Knight (Jerry Goldsmith) considering it holds 30 minutes at least of staggering additional music, this is the ambush cue where Guinevere is ambushed in the forest in the begin of the film. Once Again classic Goldsmith at work
    9. I say K'ill Em All (and so they did)
    Answer: Final words in the trailer of Starship Troopers (Basil Poledouris, Poledouris' blazing score is a hoot
    10. Benny ran away, but the music haunted Rick towards a dead end
    Answer: this is the sequence in the begin of The Mummy (Jerry Goldsmith) where Benny runs away, leaving Rick to fight against the final raiders who trap him
    11. state of liberty fight alert
    Answer: the final fight in X-Men (Michael Kamen) was on the statue of liberty
    12. it appeared in my first guess the score game as well, luckily the album is so diverse
    Answer: a made a huge error here, it is not my first but my third game that had another part of this score, so sorry guys. It was namely the opening battle cue of The Count of Monte Cristo (Edward Shearmur), again sorry guys shame
    13. fool's gold if you believe it wont make contact with you, amistad and batman begins boys
    Answer: Fool's Gold, Contact, Amistad all contain Matthew McConaughey and Batman Begins of course Christian Bale. They both star in Reign of Fire (Edward Shearmur), wonderful score, not many people found this one but I didn't make the hint too easy as well wink
    14. it is the only thing that makes our work worth it
    Answer: What makes our work worth it? The Paycheck. Or Paycheck (John Powell) wink
    15. a woman underscoring a european movie, and apparently someone made a review of it
    Answer: I made a review of it (still on my old site), it is Arsène Lupin (Debbie Wiseman)
    16. bregt said something of 300 vocals that opened this disc, awesome
    Answer: Bregt was always bragging about the opening with the vocals over it, he was referring to Happy Feet (John Powell)
    17. I bullshit you not. I will bleed on the American flag to make sure those stripes stay red
    Answer: Tagline of Laurence Fishburne in M.I.III (Michael Giacchino)
    18. they want to make a fourth one of this? I hope it's as good as this third one
    Answer: A Fourth Bourne movie? Well this cue was the amazing Tangiers cue from The Bourne Ultimatum (John Powell)
    19. call it a female mad max flick, I hope you enjoy the descent in this one
    Answer: the director of The Descent wink made this movie, a female Mad Max movie in a terrifying brutal future, Doomsday (Tyler Bates) I'm guessing some will be surprised they actually enjoyed this smile
    20. this composer heard one word clear, it will be FAST, thing is, he thrives on speed
    Answer: FAST was for his Fast and the Furious music, but this one is his latest; Eaglye Eye (Brian Tyler)
    bonus: just to ask you a stupid question: which car would you like to throw of a plane?
    Answer: the brilliant action music of Terminal Velocity (Joel McNeely) underscored a part where a cadillac was throws from an airplane

Hope you enjoyed the game
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    Congrats Erik - a very well deserved win since the rest of us couldn't catch you!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Only number 1 which I am ashamed to say I didn't know. But then again, if it's not Empire, I probably won't know it too well! biggrin
  8. Anthony wrote
    Only number 1 which I am ashamed to say I didn't know. But then again, if it's not Empire, I probably won't know it too well! biggrin

I forgive you, at least you knew Cutthroat Island biggrin
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    How could I miss the bonus? I knew I've heard it before, and it was even in a previous game! rolleyes
  9. Ranietz wrote
    How could I miss the bonus? I knew I've heard it before, and it was even in a previous game! rolleyes

Ranietz I forgive you, at least you knew Cutthroat Island smile

Bregt???? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Did someone actually NOT recognize Cutthroat Island???? biggrin