• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    plindboe wrote
    I don't have time to play, but I just can't resist. Ah, well, I'll flunk and will finish my degree another year. Will send in guesses soon.

I've fallen in love with track 18 btw. I love that fun and catchy way of doing action. I hope my composer guess is correct, and since (s)he only did one medieval themed movie (that I'm aware of), I hope I'll get 10 lucky points for that one.

HeeroJF wrote
    And now for something completely different, the clips:

With that line I kinda hoped one of the clips would have been from "Monty Python and the holy grail".

*slightly disappointed* slant

Peter wink

Wow you sacrificed some studying time to play this??? Well, if it's any small consolation, you take #1 for now, mate!

You'd only guessed for #18?? Wow, good job. I really thought that'd be one of the easiest ones in the whole game but you're the first one to guess it. Looks like I have some more preaching to do when this is over.

Eheh, sorry for the false lead, but I do like to try to blur the tracks. And besides I did seriously consider putting Holy Grail in the game for a moment.

Now, along with Thomas Glorieux, we have two new serious contenders for long-term lead:

1) plindboe 95 points
    2) Timmer 85 points
    3) Thomas Glorieux 80 points
    4) Southall 75 points
    5) Ranietz 40 points
    6) Christopher 25 points

No one guessed the bonus yet. It's not the bonus for nothing.

J-F
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008 edited
    I recognised only two... sending in anyway. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Newcomer. DemonStar hasn't guessed much, but he's guessed one that only a single other person identified so far. Good job!

1) plindboe 95 points
    2) Timmer 85 points
    4) Southall 75 points
    5) Ranietz 40 points
    6) Christopher 25 points
    7) DemonStar 20 points
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Wonderful selection!I recognised one or two and I can't wait for the answers to see if I got them right! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Did you send me a PM? I didn't get anything new...
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    No I didn't!The game is out of my leauge! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Oh! I misunderstood. I thought you said you'd recognized a few. Well, even if you have wild guesses feel free to send them in! Either way I'm glad you enjoyed the selection. lick
  1. Stavroula wrote
    Wonderful selection!I recognised one or two and I can't wait for the answers to see if I got them right! smile

indeed, there is no shame in being last
    someone had the nerve to play and he got 0 points, so you can't get any weaker than that loser tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Pawel sneaks in.

1) plindboe 95 points
    2) Timmer 85 points
    4) Southall 75 points
    5) PawelStroinski 45 points
    6) Ranietz 40 points
    7) Christopher 25 points
    8) DemonStar 20 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Ranietz skips ahead of Pawel with an extra correct guess of title & composer.

1) plindboe 95 points
    2) Timmer 85 points
    4) Southall 75 points
    5) Ranietz 50 points wave
    6) PawelStroinski 45 points angry
    7) Christopher 25 points
    8) DemonStar 20 points
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008
    I think I'll wait for hints before proceeding. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008 edited
    HeeroJF wrote
    Wow you sacrificed some studying time to play this???

Well, I worship these games. wink

HeeroJF wrote
    Well, if it's any small consolation, you take #1 for now, mate!

Woohoo! punk Of course Bhel or franz might enter the game at some point, and make my score look like peanuts.

HeeroJF wrote
    Eheh, sorry for the false lead, but I do like to try to blur the tracks. And besides I did seriously consider putting Holy Grail in the game for a moment.

Ni!!! wink

All is well though, as I have been saving some music from that soundtrack for a future game.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Well, the hints are written up as of this morning, but as promised I'm waiting until tomorrow to post them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    HeeroJF wrote
    Well, the hints are written up as of this morning, but as promised I'm waiting until tomorrow to post them.

Ack! Just no time for this until the end of the week. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    In addition to the different scoring scheme, here's another idea I've been considering, and that might make BhelPuri happy:

Would you like it if I sent the hints starting now in the for of PMs on-request only?

Basically if you're ready for the hints, whether you've made some guesses already or not, shoot me a PM and I'll send them over?

Or would you just like me to do like usual and post them on the thread tomorrow?
  2. Either way. I'm obviously going to need them, so if you decide not to post them pm me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    THE HINTS! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    The hints are not released right here, but they're ready! Send me a PM and I'll send them to you. This means that anyone to whom I haven't sent them yet, you can still make guesses and claim the full 5 points.

New scores: Timmer sends in a few more guesses and ties for first!

1) plindboe 95 points beer
    1) Timmer 95 points beer
    4) Southall 75 points
    5) Ranietz 50 points wave
    6) PawelStroinski 45 points angry
    7) Christopher 25 points
    8) DemonStar 20 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008 edited
    Zirael jumps into the middle of the pack and gets a few points without any hints. He [EDIT: "She!"] becomes the first one to guess clip #5.

1) plindboe 95 points beer
    1) Timmer 95 points beer
    4) Southall 75 points
    5) Zirael 65 points
    6) Ranietz 50 points wave
    7) PawelStroinski 45 points angry
    8) Christopher 25 points
    9) DemonStar 20 points
  3. J-F., zirael is a woman smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    Many thanks for the correction! Deepest apologies for making unduly assumptions, Zirael. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008 edited
    Keki jumps in the fray, pushing DemonStar into double-digits.

1) plindboe 95 points
    1) Timmer 95 points
    4) Southall 75 points
    5) Zirael 65 points
    6) Ranietz 50 points
    7) PawelStroinski 45 points
    8) Keky 30 points
    9) Christopher 25 points
    10) DemonStar 20 points shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    With help from the hints, Ranietz catapults to 1st place. How long will he stay there?

1) Ranietz 142 points shocked
    2) plindboe 95 points spin
    2) Timmer 95 points spin
    4) Thomas Glorieux 80 points
    5) Southall 75 points
    6) Zirael 65 points
    8) Keky 30 points
    9) Christopher 25 points
    10) DemonStar 20 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008 edited
    Timmer breaks the tie with another 5 points, and has just asked for the hints, so watch out!

1) Ranietz 142 points
    2) Timmer 100 points wave
    3) plindboe 95 points sleep
    5) Southall 75 points
    6) Zirael 65 points
    8) Keky 30 points
    9) Christopher 25 points
    10) DemonStar 20 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I should've waited before posting that last one because Timmer's already put the hints to good use and scored yet another 28 points. Watch you, Ranietz!

1) Ranietz 142 points slant
    2) Timmer 128 points
    3) plindboe 95 points
    5) Southall 75 points
    6) Zirael 65 points
    8) Keky 30 points
    9) Christopher 25 points
    10) DemonStar 20 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    We have a new last place! DemonStar uses the hints and becomes the first one to guess the Bonus, tying him with Keky!

1) Ranietz 142 points
    2) Timmer 128 points
    3) plindboe 95 points
    5) Southall 75 points
    6) Zirael 65 points
    8) Keky 30 points
    8) DemonStar 30 points cool
    10) Christopher 25 points shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    Ranietz completes the game, capping at 180 points! But he's got a fair amount of "4"s in there, so it's not entirely inconceivable he could be beat, still. If you had a large amount of pre-hint guesses you could catch up to him even if you don't complete the game.

1) Ranietz 180 points cheesy cheesy cheesy
    2) Timmer 128 points
    3) plindboe 95 points
    5) Southall 75 points
    6) Zirael 65 points
    8) Keky 30 points
    8) DemonStar 30 points
    10) Christopher 25 points

Guessed the bonus (with hint): DemonStar, Ranietz
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    Been quiet for the past couple of days. Won't anyone else use the hints to venture a few more guesses? Ranietz and Timmer and lonely up there. When should I release the answers? I was thinking around the end of the weekend?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    I must remember to have another go tomorrow.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. End of the weekend will be fine. I've had a busy one, but this weekend I should have time to try to get myself out of last place....oh, the shame....
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008
    As promised, Christopher jets away from last place with a bunch of extra points, leaving behind a savage competition for last place.

1) Ranietz 180 points
    2) Timmer 128 points
    3) plindboe 95 points
    5) Southall 75 points
    6) Zirael 65 points shocked
    7) Christopher 61 points dizzy
    8) PawelStroinski 45 points
    9) Keky 30 points
    9) DemonStar 30 points

Guessed the bonus (with hint): DemonStar, Ranietz