• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    WALT DISNEY RECORDS PRESENTS
    THE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK, BOLT

FEATURING ORIGINAL SCORE BY
    GRAMMY® NOMINATED COMPOSER JOHN POWELL
    WITH ORIGINAL SONGS PERFORMED BY JOHN TRAVOLTA, MILEY CYRUS AND JENNY LEWIS

**SOUNDTRACK TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 18TH**

(November 7, 2008 -- Burbank, CA)- Walt Disney Records will release the original soundtrack for Walt Disney Pictures’ animated comedy adventure BOLT on November 18, 2008. The recording features score written by Grammy®-nominated composer John Powell (Happy Feet, Shrek) and two original songs: “I Thought I Lost You” performed by the film’s stars Miley Cyrus and John Travolta, and “Barking at the Moon” by Jenny Lewis.

Composer John Powell has written music for comedies (Hancock, Pluto Nash, Alfie, Mr 3000) and action films (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, X-Men: The Last Stand, Face/Off and the Bourne film trilogy). Some of his most beloved work has been for animated films (Happy Feet, Kung Fu Panda, Ice Age: The Meltdown). The British born Powell began originally trained as a violinist. In 1995 he founded a London based commercial music house before moving to the United States two years later. He is one of the best known former members of the Remote Control (formerly Media Ventures) team of composers, where he first teamed with Harry Gregson-Williams, his collaborator on several scores (Antz, Chicken Run, Shrek).

Currently, Miley Cyrus is in production on her third season of her hit TV series Hannah Montana. The special edition of her #1 album Breakout will also be released November 18. In the spring of 2009, Miley will release a book sharing her inspiring story, spanning from her Southern roots in Tennessee to the excitement of her record-setting triumphs in TV, music and film. Her feature film HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE is scheduled for release on April 10, 2009.

The golden-voiced singer songwriter front woman, Jenny Lewis co-founded the highly acclaimed Los Angeles based band Rilo Kiley, with whom she has released 4 albums. Her first solo album “Rabbit Fur Coat” was released in 2006, followed by “Acid Tongue” which was released earlier this year.

For super-dog BOLT (voice of JOHN TRAVOLTA), every day is filled with adventure, danger and intrigue—at least until the cameras stop rolling. When the star of a hit TV show is accidentally shipped from his Hollywood soundstage to New York City, he begins his biggest adventure yet—a cross-country journey through the real world to get back to his owner and co-star, Penny (voice of MILEY CYRUS).

Armed only with the delusions that all his amazing feats and powers are real, and the help of two unlikely traveling companions—a jaded, abandoned housecat named Mittens (voice of SUSIE ESSMAN) and a TV-obsessed hamster named Rhino (voice of MARK WALTON) —Bolt discovers he doesn’t need superpowers to be a hero. Directed by Disney veterans Chris Williams and Byron Howard, BOLT is a hilarious, fun-filled, action-packed animated comedy adventure in Disney Digital 3-D.

BOLT opens in theaters on November 21, 2008. The BOLT Original Soundtrack will be in stores on November 18, 2008.

###

For more information please contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    Most looked forward-to score of mine, right now! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    And mine. Another Powell action/adventure can only fill me with the greatest of expectations!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008 edited
    That's great and all, but:

1. Why do Disney think they can get away with a $35 shipping charge on the CD? confused
    2. Why can I download and install the Amazon MP3 download manager, only THEN to be told I can't buy stuff if I'm outside the US? dizzy
    3. Why do I get asked to do further promotions on my site in exchange for CDs, and afterward be told nothing can be shipped outside the US. crazy

I guess I'm not meant to have this CD.

rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

1. Why do Disney think they can get away with a $35 shipping charge on the CD? confused
    2. Why can I download and install the Amazon MP3 download manager, only THEN to be told I can't buy stuff if I'm outside the US? dizzy
    3. Why do I get asked to do further promotions on my site in exchange for CDs, and afterward be told nothing can be shipped outside the US. crazy

I guess I'm not meant to have this CD.

rolleyes

What irritating nonsense! I feel for you. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Listening to it now, Excellent score, like the songs too. Powell doesn't disappoint.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote

rolleyes

1. is absurd but it´s at least logical. 2. and 3. are totally absurd. Somebody in Amazon USA has to be fired right now.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Moonie, care to share? tongue

Where did you get it from actually? CD or online?

(Basically, is there somewhere I can buy it regardless of my location?)
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Anthony wrote
    Moonie, care to share? tongue

Where did you get it from actually? CD or online?

(Basically, is there somewhere I can buy it regardless of my location?)

itunes , I download alot from itunes, I dont have the problem with it that some do.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You live in America though?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    Anthony wrote

Huh?

(Your points 2 and 3 - you're leaning against an open door with those. I've never understood that either. Something like 80% of the visitors to my website are from the USA yet many record companies have told me I can't have promos because I'm not in the USA! The concept of the internet seems still to elude many people.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

Huh?

What? 18 bucks for the CD, another 35 bucks shipping. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Where are you paying $35 shipping?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony, you can't have it because you probably will have a negative opinion about it.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Anthony, you can't have it because you probably will have a negative opinion about it.

biggrin

Zing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote

biggrin

Let's find out...
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2008
    Southall wrote

That's what I'm wondering... Anthony, isn't that just a bit much? confused smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    William wrote
    Southall wrote

That's what I'm wondering... Anthony, isn't that just a bit much? confused smile

Here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hmm, I'd never even have thought of ordering from there. Little need to order from anywhere other than the Movie Wave Store, I find!