• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2008
    I don't know if this counts but a slightly longer version of the solo piano piece which opens the track The Ludlows, from Legends Of The Fall, is played on-screen by one of the characters.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgZfotjc … re=related @ 6:24
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    LSH wrote
    I don't know if this counts but a slightly longer version of the solo piano piece which opens the track The Ludlows, from Legends Of The Fall, is played on-screen by one of the characters.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgZfotjc … re=related @ 6:24

cool One of my all time favorite orchestral piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Davy Jones' theme is played by Davy Jones himself on his organ in Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    No, I am not opening the door to the most generic thread we could possibly have here...

LOL That's exactly what I thought you were doing. dizzy biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    In Road to Perdition, that piano duet played on-screen by Tom Hanks and Paul Newman, is that original score? The inserts credit it to a "John M. Williams" but I'm unsure if this was an original composition for the film or borrowed.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    HeeroJF wrote
    In Road to Perdition, that piano duet played on-screen by Tom Hanks and Paul Newman, is that original score? The inserts credit it to a "John M. Williams" but I'm unsure if this was an original composition for the film or borrowed.

Excellent scene.
    Craig was great in that scene too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2008 edited
    Miya wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Should we mention Hoist the Colours? biggrin

Yes! punk

Hogwarts students sing Double Trouble (with frogs biggrin ) in Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.

And don't forget Mr. Tumnus's A Narnia Lullaby in The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe!

Yes, but those are ACTUAL songs composed for the film to be heard in that context. I don't think those examples fit in this case.

Here's one... if I can remember correctly, at the beginning of Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit the security guard or police officer whistles the Were-Rabbit theme. A very popular theme also used by Michael Giacchino in The Incredibles, Brian Tyler in Terror Tract and John Debney in Lair. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I believe it was an original composition written for the film
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Miya wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Should we mention Hoist the Colours? biggrin

Yes! punk

Hogwarts students sing Double Trouble (with frogs biggrin ) in Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.

And don't forget Mr. Tumnus's A Narnia Lullaby in The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe!

Yes, but those are ACTUAL songs composed for the film to be heard in that context. I don't think those examples fit in this case.

Yeah, maybe not fit in this thread, but at least they're diagetic wink

This example must fit...

In My Neighbor Totoro, Satsuki and three Totoros play Totoro theme (to, to, ro, to ,to ,ro) on ocarina. Satsuki's younger sister Mei also tries to play, but failed biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008
    Miya wrote

Sorry for being the eternal spellchecker here, but it's diEgetic.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Hoist the Colours is also used as a SCORE theme.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008 edited
    Yes but that song is meant to be in the movie. I'm talking about references to the score that are unintentional (to the point where it wouldn't be noticed by more casual listeners).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    Miya wrote

I just copied & pasted from Anthony's post tongue wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2008
    Miya wrote
    Thor wrote
    Miya wrote

I just copied & pasted from Anthony's post tongue wink

Exactly, and I'm pardoned when things are spelt wrong. If Firefox doesn't put a squiggly red line under it, I assume it's correct. wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    no excuse
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    do you want me to mail you a dictionary?