• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008 edited
    HeeroJF wrote
    Martijn wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    that famous song "The Ants go Marching One by One".

Or indeed, as known throughout the rest of the world, "When Johnny Comes Marching Home".

Actually, before I made that post I had to look up that song to know its name. I found evidence of both the "ants" and "Johnny" titles on Wikipedia, so I really didn't know which one to use! Like I said, I really have no native cultural tidings to this song at all. In the end I deferred to John Powell and HGW.

<groan>

Ants: one reference, in one film
    Johnny: one million sevenhundred ninenteen thousand four hundred and two references throughout two centuries of Anglosaxon culture in film, music, books, reference material, sheet music, army history, children's literature and cook books.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008
    bunny

Awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It means; better.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Martijn wrote
    <groan>

Ants: one reference, in one film
    Johnny: one million sevenhundred ninenteen thousand four hundred and two references throughout two centuries of Anglosaxon culture in film, music, books, reference material, sheet music, army history, children's literature and cook books.

Which one has the better score? Antz or Anglosaxon history?

bunny biggrin :bigbunnygrin:

(actually Wiki seems to imply that the tune bore the children's "ants" adaptation even well before the film, along with other such variations like "the animals go marching one by one", to illustrate Noah's Ark)

(but don't forget I'm a complete cultural neophyte in that regard. I only have what I learn from the web here)
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2008 edited
    Regarding to JNH: I think the discussion proves one thing especially: That he is an extremely talented fellow who is able to capture our hearts and spirits on a lot of different playing fields, just like the old guard was able to (and I MUST add that he even gets my respect for his underscore work; Michael Clayton is terrific ambience stuff I can´t survive without when I´m writing).