• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    This April I participated in a quite ambitious student concert celebrating film music. The idea was to make chamber music more accessible to a mainstream audience, and by projecting images onto a big screen we were able to create an almost theatrical mood, celebrating not only the composers but the history if cinema itself. For this event I was asked to compose a medley of "children's themes" - something that could evoke a sense of familiarity among the audience and unite them through their collective memory. The result became a celebration of Disney's "musical rennaissance" - their revival (and renewal) of the animated musical in the late 80s starting with Ashman and Menken. It was the easiest solution for me since I grew up in that period and used to play all the songs on piano when I was younger. The piece opens with music from "Enchanted" (2007) and works its way back chronologically to "Little Mermaid" (1989).

The video might take a while to open if you don't have fast internet, but I pray for your patience and hope to get a few responses, for better or worse!

https://download.yousendit.com/Q01FeUNLV3JLVlhIRGc9PQ

- Mark smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Very nice!

Where was this performed? In your school?

Also, is that you on the piano?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Thank you Thor! smile

The performance took place at Rosegården teaterhus in Kristiansand and yes, it is me by the piano.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008 edited
    Oh, right! I heard your score for that Norwegian movie Mark.

I especially liked the first half (I didn't remember much of the second, as I had to run up and downstairs, so i'll have a relisten). It's a good listen, as it is not the annoying comical music you often associate with smaller movies (sorry if that is an insult to anyone). Quite melodic and it was very well performed!

Oh, and Norway! That are three people we will once have to meet then! Is Risor in the middle between Kristiansand and Oslo?

I'l have a listen to the above in a couple of days.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Thanks Bregt for not thinking my music is annoying... rolleyes

Just listen to "finale and end credits" and "einars tema" and I'll be happy. wink

Yes, Risør is about in the middle of Kr.sand and Oslo as you say. I'll gladly meet up sometime, just let me know!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Haha. Sorry for my badly expressed opinion. shame
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    Nice! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Will get it definitely! Especially for the Lion King part cos I know it'll be there biggrin