• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. This time David Shire has been kind enough to agree to an interview.

Post your questions. biggrin
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Well, I want to ask YOU so this thread applies. biggrin

Is anyone here familiar with Joel McNeely's score fo Cameron's Ghosts of the Abyss? Does it justify a whooping 40 Euros?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2013
    No single music CD is worth 40 Euros, regardless of the content. Some music itself may be priceless, but the product isn't. Fuck that, I'd say. Find it through less reputable means.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2013
    It's definitely worth asking that question of David Shire, though.

I'd also like to ask him if he has heard who is scoring the sequel to The Hunger Games - I seem to recall a couple of rumours on here, but nothing confirmed.
  3. There difference between one's opinion and a fact, is that one does not back up what they say with any information that could identify what they are saying as a fact and leaving us with nothing mroe than being presumed psychicm aking it thus an opinion.

FACT: J.N.H. said in multiple interviews he was scoring the sequel:
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/10/23 … hing-fire/

So, if you have any problems with what he said, take it up with J.N.H.

(direct link to one of them)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. justin boggan wrote
    There difference between one's opinion and a fact, is that one does not back up what they say with any information that could identify what they are saying as a fact and leaving us with nothing mroe than being presumed psychicm aking it thus an opinion.

FACT: J.N.H. said in multiple interviews he was scoring the sequel:
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/10/23 … hing-fire/

So, if you have any problems with what he said, take it up with J.N.H.

(direct link to one of them)

Good. IMHO his score for the first part was great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013
    justin boggan wrote
    There difference between one's opinion and a fact, is that one does not back up what they say with any information that could identify what they are saying as a fact and leaving us with nothing mroe than being presumed psychicm aking it thus an opinion.

No it isn't. I suggest you look up works by any of the great investigative journalists and see how much of their writing is littered with detail of their sources.

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps some of the "news" I post is given to me by people who would rather not make it known that they are giving information to me? And that if it were to be made known, then they wouldn't give any more information (and therefore I wouldn't be able to post about it here)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013 edited
    You know, I've heard some rumours that James Newton Howard is scoring the sequel to THE HUNGER GAMES? I wonder if there's any truth to this?

We could do this forever.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is doubtful you'll find out unless you can ask David Shire.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Southall wrote
    justin boggan wrote

No it isn't. I suggest you look up works by any of the great investigative journalists and see how much of their writing is littered with detail of their sources.

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps some of the "news" I post is given to me by people who would rather not make it known that they are giving information to me? And that if it were to be made known, then they wouldn't give any more information (and therefore I wouldn't be able to post about it here)?

Precisely. I don't think Justin understands the principles of professional journalism. Sometimes you *can't* give away your sources and sometimes you can't give certain information you know on a public forum. It's not just professional concept of protecting your sources... Sometimes it's also loyalty. Granted, knowing that unofficial information, while not shared directly, may influence the way you write a piece of text (because it influences the way you for example perceive a way a certain score was written, but the composer wouldn't like it to be posted publicly or it would ruin his career).

There are some information I talk through with Hans sometimes that I can't share just yet. I have some information about Man of Steel, which I will share only when at least the playlist is published.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Justin, knock it off please. I assure you that people like Southall, know stuff you wouldn't even imagine. From first hand sources.

I've learnt via personal conversation with such people, stuff that ultimately happened, way before they were announced; some other stuff which sounds unbelieavable, but it's 100% true although it rarely gets out; the fact that he - and other professional journalists, don't tell you their sources (they can't) nor brag about it in forums or in their websites, doesn't mean they actually don't have sources.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Thor wrote
    You know, I've heard some rumours that James Newton Howard is scoring the sequel to THE HUNGER GAMES? I wonder if there's any truth to this?

We could do this forever.

There is some inside thing going on here that I fail to grasp. angry Anyway:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951264/ful … st_sm#cast

Whatever David Shire has to do with it. I want a proper and legal release of his "2010" score.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No worries, Volker. It was just a thing awhile back when several people posted the news about JNH's assignment all at once as if it were breaking news -- probably not reading each other's posts properly. So it became a recurrent joke.

JNH actually told me this particular news bit himself before anything was published online, pr. the end of this interview:

http://montages.no/2012/11/en-samtale-m … on-howard/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am happy with JNH's first score smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I 2nd Volker's 2010 comment, it's a great score and a very underrated film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same as Snowhite, which is one of my favorites for 2012.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote

Yes, he caught my ear again last year, there's some very good music in both Snowhite and Hunger Games.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Glad you liked them my friend wink I love it when he writes his trademarked melodic, string-driven lush themes and hate it when he tries to immitate Zimmer and the RC-camp.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Absolutely D, I couldn't have said it any better beer
  7. Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

Yes, he caught my ear again last year, there's some very good music in both Snowhite and Hunger Games.

I really like "The Hunger Games" and I'm in love with "Snowhite". (The score of course.)