• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007
    Im sure no one has asked this before in the whole world.

I use to go to sleep listening some score, So when I go to the "dream world" the score is still playing.

Can be this the reason if Im depressed or Happy in the morning?

Seriously.

(Yes , Someone will wonder if I dream with Listbet scott listening Narnia, but it's not the case, Perverted people!)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007 edited
    I've certainly heard music I know playing while I'm asleep. That's really weird when I wake up!

Most of the time though I just wake up with some really annoying cue in my head and try and get back to sleep as fast as possible just to end the madness! tongue

Do you dream of Lisbeth Scott while listening to Narnia?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Seriously? Yes.
    Dreams can be the mind's way of purging itself of unresolved baggage.
    It no more than stands to reason that any experiencing just before falling asleep will be carried along in that bagage and at times even dominate it. Especially with film music having the emotional effect it has, I'm not surprised at all it may set the tone of your dream, hence your mood when you wake up again.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote

Do you dream of Lisbeth Scott while listening to Narnia?

crazy

No, but the other day I wake up because I thought I had some problems with my ears. It was the ewooks old music celebration.

It was weird!
  1. For a while, we played The Village or Master and Commander, but currently, we don´t have a player in our bedroom.

My daughter listens to scores a lot when she goes to bed. Currently, she listens to Guild Wars most often, before that she discovered the greatness of ST:TMP (I´m watching Trek with her at the moment, because she´s not old enough for things like the new Galactica).
    • CommentAuthorLéon
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
    I usually listen to some music when I go to sleep and at a certain moment you reach that point when you're not sleeping and not awake anymore... The kind of music I play at that moment is always a great influence in my dreams / thoughts. So I think the music does play a role in the kind of dreams you have and how you wake up...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, dreams are always an audio-visual "echo" of your recent experiences and the ones that are closer to the sleeping time and also the ones that impressed you the most during the given day will always have bolder representation throughout the sleeping process, which also includes dreaming; i guess it is evident to anyone and from personal experiences as well that if you fall asleep listening to music, especially if it's not just background listening and it's music you actually like and to which you'll be paying a certain amount of attention once you go to bed, even for the first couple of minutes before you start drifting into sleep, then it will echo in your head throughout, one way or another. I personally find that if i do that, i usually have a non-so-deep and somewhat disturbed sleep, especially if the music i'm listening to prior is a bit intense. And i'll always wake up with a terrible echo in my head, an imaginative "listen in the back" with lots of "reverb" kinda feeling in my head afterwards when i wake up and i rarely like that feeling. I used to do it a lot when i was younger but i've given up since 5 or 6 years now.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I use to play music before going to bed when I was single. But then it started to annoy me... I guess the whole getting old thing... now I prefer silence. Plus, I'm sure my wife wouldn't appreciate hearing film music before bed. Even the clicking of my wrist watch drives me bonkers.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Even the clicking of my wrist watch drives me bonkers.

-Erik-

Hehe. Same here. But i don't wear it when sleeping!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Even the clicking of my wrist watch drives me bonkers.

-Erik-

Hehe. Same here. But i don't wear it when sleeping!

Neither do I... but I can still hear the fucker on the dresser drawer at the other end of the room. I now leave it in the kitchen! biggrin

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You.
    are.
    Mad.!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    ...I'm sure my wife wouldn't appreciate hearing film music before bed...

Surely that would depend what was playing?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Years ago, I remember having a hard time falling asleep when I'd be listening to my favorite score of the moment, Braveheart, because I wanted to hear more, instead of sleeping! smile Since then, I don't play film scores when I go to sleep, because I don't go to sleep. Haha

And I remember when I was younger, 'Be Prepared' from the Lion King would always startle me awake - when I had previously been lulled to sleep by 'Circle of Life'. Ah well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007 edited
    I'd be having hard times sleeping too if i've been listening to Braveheart prior, like nightmares and such; by how bad it is biggrin tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Yeah, your just getting to sleep about the end of track 16 then... along comes 'FREEEDOM!" to blast
    you out of your mind!

Sleeping and film music don't seem to go together. Unless its a less dramatic score... you might have a chance, but I would have to agree with filmscoregirl that your losing sleep when trying to go to sleep listing to a score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    Im sure no one has asked this before in the whole world.

I use to go to sleep listening some score, So when I go to the "dream world" the score is still playing.

Can be this the reason if Im depressed or Happy in the morning?

Seriously.

(Yes , Someone will wonder if I dream with Listbet scott listening Narnia, but it's not the case, Perverted people!)

This is quite interesting topic. Everyday after my office work, i just go home and have my dinner and then play score albums and then i get good sleep. To me, Stored memories and Monica's theme gives me good sleep. Its very soft and melodious and very sweet to ears and bring tears to my eyes.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    I listen to ESPN sports talk radio. It helps to put me to sleep and I really don't dream about it at all. Perhaps it takes away the feeling of being alone.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!