• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009
    Come on everybody. Give it a try. If I can do it, you can do it too... apparently. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009
    Thor wrote
    "Too many relaxing activities"...he, he. That's a luxury problem right there.

Yeah but it's also lethargy inducing. Stuff like catching up on sleep and eats. And watching the Oscars.

Bregt wrote
    Indian foot massage? wink

That would really be awesome!
  1. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    It seems everybody gives up ...

Too difficult.

if you really check the hints and read them carefully, it might be easier than you would think

I know, these are clips that haven't been released yet, but the difficulty hasn't stopped Ranietz wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Plindboe joins us, with a promising opening, but nobody dares to question Ranietz' superiority

1. Ranietz: 46 points wave
    2. Southal: 32 points
    3. Miya: 16 points
    4. Plindboe: 14 points
    5. Anthony: 10 points
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    I give up. This is way too hard! tongue

I'll be completely honest when I say I've only ever heard ONE of those scores. The rest I worked out just by the clues.
  3. Anthony wrote
    I give up. This is way too hard! tongue

I'll be completely honest when I say I've only ever heard ONE of those scores. The rest I worked out just by the clues.

then I will be very interested to know which one that 1 score is smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    I'll listen again later today... I think I've heard some of them somewhere, but I can't remember where! angry
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    It seems everybody gives up ...

Too difficult.

if you really check the hints and read them carefully, it might be easier than you would think

I know, these are clips that haven't been released yet, but the difficulty hasn't stopped Ranietz wink

I've not been much of a fan of the hints - I find that the recognition of the music to be far more interesting than testing my movie knowledge. If the majority of the tracks are unreleased there's little chance of having heard then?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    I went to download the clips but the link has expired. Could you re-upload it?
  5. New uploaded link

https://www.yousendit.com/download/U0d4 … TVhIRGc9PQ
  6. Mya improves her points, showing she knows more than just Disney alone wink

1. Ranietz: 46 points cool
    2. Southal: 32 points
    3. Miya: 23 points wave
    4. Plindboe: 14 points
    5. Anthony: 10 points

Last chance anybody, tomorrow I post the answers and then the wanted level om some scores will commence smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    the wanted level om some scores will commence

OK, I've read this FOUR times now and I have NO idea what you are trying to say! shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Some scores will be more wanted now wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    By gum, I think you're right?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited
    I started on this, but I have to say I find 26 clips rather daunting.
    I appreciate all the work gone into 'em, assuredly, but I would suggest -basically to everyone- for future games to go back to a 10-12 track game. It's just a lot more accessible that way.

Or am I a voice crying in the wilderness?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    I appreciate all the work gone into 'em, assuredly, but I would suggest -basically to everyone- for future games to go back to a 10-12 track game. It's just a lot more accessible that way.

If that's what the public wants...

When I did my Goldsmith game I just couldn't help myself adding more and more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    New uploaded link

https://www.yousendit.com/download/U0d4 … TVhIRGc9PQ

Thanks! Will do this tonight for sure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Martijn wrote

Agreed!

I appreciate all the work gone into 'em, assuredly, but I would suggest -basically to everyone- for future games to go back to a 10-12 track game.

But 10-12 is probably too less to have a game with a common theme. I like the number 20.

But like James says- once you get started making the clips its very hard not to add more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Fair enough, in that case I'll bow out gracefully. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I didn't get where I am today by bowing out gracefully.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote

Yes JS.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

I agree with you Martijn, I think I would have participated in more games if that was so!?

On the other hand I can see exactly why some people wouldn't want to stop at a mere 12.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Yes JS.

What the eye doesn't see is goose for the gander.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Yes JS.

What the eye doesn't see is goose for the gander.

Yes JS.
  8. Martijn wrote
    the wanted level om some scores will commence

OK, I've read this FOUR times now and I have NO idea what you are trying to say! shame

I was indeed saying, that some scored could become quite wanted now you've heard a piece of them
  9. Ultra late arrival BhelPuri guesses the bonus and makes him the winner of this (I know) very hard game shame
    Congrats BhelPuri smile

1. BhelPuri: 48 points punk
    2. Ranietz: 46 points shame
    3. Southal: 32 points
    4. Miya: 23 points
    5. Plindboe: 14 points
    6. Anthony: 10 points sleep

Thanks for playing or at least listening, I know they were pretty hard but perhaps some hints will be explained, check out (or not) the answers
  10. The Answers

1. perhaps one of the most requested scores of the 80's 3 movies were made of it, this one never received a full release, a song soundtrack with 2 tracks was released by MCA Records
    A: the almighty Back to the Future (Alan Silvestri), this is the moment Doc Brown spots the Libyans and Marty watches it all happen

2. another trilogy, this time by Disney, it stars the boy who played alongside Tom Cruise's wife Katie Holmes in that other teen series
    A: The Mighty Ducks (David Newman) Katie Holmes starred in Dawson's Creek alongside Joshua Jackson, who appeared as a young skater in the Mighty Duck trilogy

3. A flop by all standards, it starred a man who appeared in The Final Cut and a sister of the man who starred in Con Air
    A: Toys (Hans Zimmer) the man is Robin Williams, the sister is Joan Cusack (actor of John Cusack who starred in Con Air), this is the never released main theme of the movie

4. if white men could jump, black man could run on ice
    A: Cool Runnings (Hans Zimmer) the 4 unknowing Jamaicans who dare to enter in the Winter Olympics

5. Superman was a caped hero, this dude had a green cape, movie is directed by the main actor
    A: The Meteor Man (Cliff Eidelman), directed and starring Robert Townsend, the refreshing orchestral Superman score is one of Eidelman's finest

6. orchestrator who wrote music for the other 2 movies of sample 2
    A: D3 The Mighty Ducks (JAC Redford) Redford is known for his orchestrating, here he used all the themes of Newman and composed new ones

7. She appeared in the Holiday, the other woman appeared alongside Richard Gere, this composer shows signs of his talent everywhere, Oscar nominated
    A: My Best Friends Wedding (James Newton Howard) Holiday was Cameron Diaz, of course the other Julia Roberts, JNH was Oscar nominated for this effort

8. why they made a cruise was beyond me, it worked perfectly allright on a bus?
    A: Speed 2 (Mark Mancina) The bus referred to Speed, this was on a cruise

9. the composer of track 3 and 4 shows a Jewish composition
    A: The Last Days (Hans Zimmer) a dramatic Jewish movie

10. to be franke, the ape was always the star in the countless movies
    A: Tarzan and the Lost City (Christophe Franke) the name was already in the hint

11. starring a girl who clicked and a girl who terminated, together they shared a prison cell
    A: Brokedown Palace (David Newman) Click starred Kate Beckinsale and Terminator 3 starred Claire Danes

12. Coen, Coen, oh well for once not a Coen but a sports score
    A: Mystery Alaska (Carter Burwell)

13. it appeared in a trailer of one of his computer animated movies, it worked so wondrously everyone assumed it was the score from that picture, this score is reviewed on my old site
    A: Sigfried & Roy (Alan Silvestri) The music appeared in The Polar Express Trailer, all to be honest this is a magnificent score

14. if you count the dogs you'll need to count a lot, from the composer of sample 2 and 11
    A: 102 Dalmatians (David Newman) Nuff said

15. he's wanted, he's a black beauty, he's zany, he's magical
    A: The Family Man (Danny Elfman) Wanted, Black Beauty, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, but to name a few

16. South African composer scores African picture, and no it is not Trevor Jones
    A: Whispers (Trevor Rabin) The only other known South African composer I know shows you a Lion King adventure

17. I know it looked corny in the movie, at least he introduced us to bullet time
    A: Behind Enemy Lines (Don Davis) Bullet Time composer or the phrase that made The Matrix legendary received a choral resolution that overdid it in the movie, but still it sounds so stunning nonetheless

18. a sports drama in the hood, the bullet time actor shows the kids he's ready to change
    A: Hardball (Mark Isham) Bullet Time actor Keanu Reeves teaches these kids about respect, this scene underscore the funeral speech which is utterly beautiful

19. I got glass up my ass. Just another foul mouth quote from this actor, who's buddy is shooting like james bond,from the composer of 16
    A: Bad Company (Trevor Rabin) all quotes when Chris Rock is being shot in the chase scene, this is this music

20. one of the actor's biggest errors, but the score surely sounds magical. And one track on the album? His fans are still haunted by nightmares!
    A: The Haunted Mansion (Mark Mancina) This is still one of Eddie Murphy's biggest flops, but Mancina made the most of it

21. I know, it reminds you of Zimmer's True Romance, but this composer just couldn't remember something for longer than a day. Dates Man DATES
    A: 50 First Dates (Teddy Castellucci) The composer inspired himself to Hans Zimmer's quirky guitar play, in this movie about Dating

22. remake, remake, it is like 300 men who watch you
    A: Dawn of the Dead (Tyler Bates) A remake from the men who made 300 and WatchMen wink

23. there is hell to pay, and to think Varese released it. Oh boy
    A: Hellboy (Marco Beltrami) Varese released but a portion of the composer's best score, the name was in the hint

24. a tale like no other, a true story, a composer who gives it his best, and only an itunes release, pfff if the 8 dogs could howl
    A: 8 Below (Mark Isham) A true story about 8 dogs left behind, sadly only released on Itunes

25. action that doesn't belong in Disney, he that doesn't belong in Disney, the movie on the other hand is Disney all the way, video release
    A: Cinderella III (Joel McNeely) Joel McNeely sadly composes too much for Disney, this video release captures action music that is way too good for that

Bonus: This is for the only real diehards, it is not for a film, but at least it was composed by a filmmusic (too early deceased) god. The other piece of the event, composed by the most famous composer was released on CD under a special compilation
    A: Only BhelPuri guessed this, it was the 2002 Olympic Winter Games opening of sadly deceased composer Michael Kamen. This one was really hard I know, but the music is simply magnificent. Remember John Williams music was released on a CD (American Journey)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009
    Thanks! A really tough game. I only got so many points because I could guess based on the clues.

Must... have... that Kamen piece! Where on earth did you find it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    bhangra
    Tough game, Thomas. But some of the clips were very nice. I'll give it another listen and figure out which ones I'd like to listen more. punk

I guess it helped that I was listening to Kamen's Concerto for Guitar w/ Tomoyasu Hotei a couple of weeks ago. That guitar part in the bonus cue reminded me of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

2. another trilogy, this time by Disney, it stars the boy who played alongside Tom Cruise's wife Katie Holmes in that other teen series
    A: The Mighty Ducks (David Newman) Katie Holmes starred in Dawson's Creek alongside Joshua Jackson, who appeared as a young skater in the Mighty Duck trilogy

Was anyone else seriously reminded of Kamen's Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves by this one?