• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Watchmen Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Picture Disc boxed set is available now!

Seven glorious 7" picture disc are housed in a Watchman slip box--each disc dedicated to a different Watchman character.

There are only 2500 of these collectors sets made. The first 1000 people to order the set at http://watchmenmusic.com/box-set-splash/ will receive an 11"x17" Watchmen movie poster autographed by composer Tyler Bates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    ...seven disks? VINYL? For fourteen tracks total?
    What?

I'm gonna need another aspirin...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Awesome!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As great as that is I have no interest in Watchman or Tyler Bates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Is that great?

uhm
    OK.

I can't see the point at all.
    And I though the three covers ("collect them ALL!") for Williams' Attack Of The Clones was bad...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Is that great?

uhm
    OK.

I can't see the point at all.
    And I though the three covers ("collect them ALL!") for Williams' Attack Of The Clones was bad...

But you must admit, if you really liked Watchmen and soundtrack music it would be a must by.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Guess what?
    I really, really, really like Watchmen, and I really, really, really like soundtracks... and I'm really, really, really not even remotely interested in buying this. smile

It really seems like a crock: the same fourteen -not too interesting to begin with- tracks repeated on SEVEN disks on VINYL? What on earth is the POINT?
    This just screams "made to be collectible" out at me, and that kind of cynicism annoys me deeply.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Then don't buy it. As you said, it IS made to be collectible...if you don't want it, don't get it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Did I give the impression I was on the fence about buying it? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    NO!!! Gaah, shut up! tongue

I don't even like Watchmen. Why am I even in this thread?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    Why am I even in this thread?

You read the "Food, food, food" thread and consequently were feeling particularly antagonistic towards me?
    wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think I was subconsciously avoiding the Now Playing and My Composition threads that have each got over 300 unread posts in the last three days. Anything else I find here is a bonus. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

I can see where that might be...intimidating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    Please tell me about this Watchman dude. I saw a display in Borders and a confusing preview. Is this Batman like?
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
  2. WatchMEN, it's a group, isn't it?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Please tell me about this Watchman dude. I saw a display in Borders and a confusing preview. Is this Batman like?
    Thomas smile

Yes and no and more and less and kind of but not but might be but is ....

In it's time it was more so.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    I think I was subconsciously avoiding the Now Playing and My Composition threads that have each got over 300 unread posts in the last three days. Anything else I find here is a bonus. biggrin

A bit like when I occasionally look in the LOST thread.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas smile

I get the impression with Watchmen that you need to be familiar with this particular universe to really get into the movie: it seems less accessible than other comicbook things?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas smile

I get the impression with Watchmen that you need to be familiar with this particular universe to really get into the movie: it seems less accessible than other comicbook things?

Hard to say? Depends on exactly what approach the film makers take I suppose?

It may be harder for me to watch it objectively as I may mentally fill in gaps that the film makers have left out!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's another publicity stunt. Personally, it doesn't disturb me the slightest 'cause i am not remotely interested to hear this score, but i can understand that there IS a limited amount of people to whom this franchise is targeted at, who'll probably rush and buy this kind of stuff. I haven't got a problem with that, after all companies are after money and this isn't any different than the special editions of the dark knight score, for instance.

But it amuses me; i am restraining my final judgment 'till i listen to the score eventually, as i have - sadly :sigh: done in the past with all the Bates, Haslinger, Djawadi etc scores. However, i still have a strong believe that all this money will be wasted through expensive commercial strategies on a score that should have never been released in the first place
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Shouldn't be: it's simply our Universe with some slightly dystopic changes that shopuld become very clear to the viewer (as they are actually the main plot points).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am interested on the movie though; i like the director's work so far, so thanks for the info on the comic. I am unfamiliar with it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Is this a comic book character?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Is this a comic book character?

Comic book characters Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009
    I'll have to investigate it a little further