• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    I thought the first film was very good, I have high hopes for this one.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    The first film was very entertaining indeed. Pure switch-off brain and completely enjoy-fun. Too bad they can't get the franchise's music right for once.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I for one am looking forward to Debney's score, as long as he uses the orchestra well and doesn't just write another Djawadi-inspired mess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Looks great!
    Downey Jr. looks to be in fine form, and Mickey Rourke as the villain? NICE one! (Although I have no idea who he's supposed to be. I never kept up much with the Iron Man universe).

As I still think Iron Man is by far the best film in the Marvel franchise, I'm looking forward to this a lot.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd go as far as to agree with your last statement too, actually. If only it had a better score :whiny: :grungy: :arghhhhhh:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    If only it had a better score :whiny: :grungy: :arghhhhhh:

Yup. Did they drop the ball on that one. sad
    The best thing I can say about it is that at least it didn't bring the film down.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd vote for The Dark Knight myself, but Iron Man is definitely one of the better ones in the Marvel canon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You're deliberately trying to get a rise out of me, don't you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At your age!? I wouldn't dare risk it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    shocked

Whiplash rocks!! punk

His designs remind me of the Protoss faction is StarCraft a little.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    THE DARK KNIGHT is a very strong contender for this category too, e-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t material all the way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    GODDAMMIT, D.! Don't indulge the boy in his ignorance.

Batman is DC
    Iron Man is Marvel.

There's only two major superhero franchises, so I'm still hoping you guys were just taking the piss.
    God. It's SO annoying when one is surrounded by people who don't know everything like I do. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hahaah you were caught in the trap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009 edited
    The air is pregnant with the heavy smell of bluff...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, trap. That's... that's what it was....

Jeez Martijn, you're so stupid! rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    GODDAMMIT, D.! Don't indulge the boy in his ignorance.

Batman is DC
    Iron Man is Marvel.

There's only two major superhero franchises, so I'm still hoping you guys were just taking the piss.
    God. It's SO annoying when one is surrounded by people who don't know everything like I do. angry

Thankfully some of us are enlightened biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I was more thinking in the lines of "best comic book adaptation" mostly, i don't give a fudge who what actually shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    I was more thinking in the lines of "best comic book adaptation" mostly, i don't give a fudge who what actually shame

That would go to your hated Watch Men....everything else has been a congromorate of story lines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    Ahhh........mkay!
  1. this looks to become a very good movie indeed, and I don't think it will fail. Favreau has made incredible good and funny movies, his blending of adventure, action and humour has resulted in what is Iron Man, or one amazing comic book translation

With Debney attached to the project, I have high hopes this will be a perfect blend of movie and musical magic smile

can't wait punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010 edited
    ac/dc soundtrack to feature music by ac/dc

(EDIT: Ugh! I mean "IRON MAN 2" wink angry )

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ … s/?a=14217
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment … d=10622599
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35085009/ns … ent-music/

Who's doing the score?
  2. So the AC/DC soundtrack is done by AC/DC???? shocked

No seriously, who would've thought? biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    DAMNED!
  3. Damned indeed. You're on the highway to hell !!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice pun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think it's a perfect match. I'm an age-old AC/DC "appreciator" (since fan is really too strong a word) and think their music would fit wonderfully in an IRON MAN movie, even if it extends beyond a theme song. I'm sure there will be some kind of traditional, orchestral score too, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010 edited
    Is anyone assigned to provide an original score for the movie too? I don't remember. As for a "traditional score" i highly doubt that will happen, given the musical background of the previous movie and where this movie's music seems to be heading.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is anyone assigned to provide an original score for the movie too? I don't remember. As for a "traditional score" i highly doubt that will happen, given the musical background of the previous movie and where this movie's music seems to be heading.

Well, "orchestral" is in the eye of the beholder. Perhaps RC-style is a better word, given Djawadi's involvement (which, in many ways, fits in even better with AC/DC). But I don't know if he is involved with the second too. I seem to remember something about John Debney?!?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's what i remember too, Debney, but is it confirmed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yeah, it's Debney. The director wanted him for the first one but Zimmer (and ultimately Djawadi) was forced on him by the studio. I don't suppose Debney's music will sound much like Djawadi's.

I really enjoyed the first film. Hated the music on album, didn't really notice it in the film.