• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    I am very confident that RC gave him all the needed knowledge and tools in order to proceed further with his own talent.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I like to believe that's the case, yeah.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Without more info from the man himself we can only speculate.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2009
    Well, careful what you ask for. I guess the S&S interview kinda' clears up that point. And here I was all resigned to speculation. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009 edited
    The Sims 3: Main Theme

Just one more track to add to the download list here. Music4Games put the Sims 3 theme up on their site a while back. It's a fun, fast paced, quirky and cheerful track. After hearing it I ended up listening to the entire Sims 3 soundtrack (streaming @ EA Trax) in one sitting. I liked it a lot. Actually, I think I've enjoyed this soundtrack more than any I've heard from RC in the past 2+ years.

I'm curious about non-MV fans opinions of the track/soundtrack. Is it better than the typical RC stuff or is that just me? Unique? Doesn't hang together? Creative? Too formulated? Whatdaya think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    [Chandler]Why don't ya just shine a light in our eyes!?[/Chandler]

(wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009 edited
    That bad? :P Well, there's always more. wink

Here's an interesting find; Andrew Raiher. He's yet another member of the RC team, most often as an arranger and additional music composer for Klaus Badelt's scores. His own site doesn't offer any downloads, but SMA Talent, the company Raiher has chosen for representation, has a downloadable "showreel." This showreel features 21 full tracks (40+ minutes) of music from various film projects.

Scores include...
    Bart's Rock, City Scape, First Emperor, Hannibal Rising, Hideous Man, Into the Sea, Killshot, Moving Away, Premeditated, Redline, Solomon Kane, Redline, Walking Manson and 16 Blocks.

The most interesting of these are Raiher's solo work, Redline, and his material from Badelt's upcoming Solomon Kane. If the rest of Badelt's score is a good as the stuff Raiher has shown here it has the potential to be the best he's ever written. "Crucifixion" is a well composed dramatic orchestral track. "Cloak and Dagger" adds the electronic percussions to the orchestral sound to get the old fashioned "Zimmer action music" sound.

In short, my curiosity has been piqued and I'll be keeping my eyes on both Andrew Raiher and the score for Solomon Kane. At any rate, you get 21 good RC tracks free courtesy of SMA Talent.

Download Andrew Raiher's Showreel (21 tracks - 47.6 MB ZIP)

Also check out the rest of the composers at SMA Talent. Each has a downloadable showreel ZIP and some of them are fairly acclaimed composers. And Raiher is the only RC composer on there for those of you who can't stand RCish stuff, so you should be able to find something you like. :P

Feliz