• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009 edited
    Source: www.digidesign.com

Brian Tyler is one musician who simply won’t be pigeon-holed. His musical history includes stints in numerous orchestras, choirs and ensembles, as well as in rock bands (...)

Watch the entire video interview here
    http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?nav … emid=37432
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Brian Tyler is one musician who simply won’t be pigeon-holed. His musical history includes stints in numerous orchestras, choirs and ensembles, as well as in rock bands (...)[/i]

A shame that...he may use different orchestras, but what they play is the same! rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009 edited
    Is Pro Tools worth buying for $150. I'm somewhat interested in the program, but I also have a relative who really wants it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009
    Yeap. I own pro tools m-powered 8 and i am very, very satisfied. When it comes to sound, i deleted everything else from my hard drive and kept this along one or more two other programs; i can do everything with those.

However, it depends on WHAT exactly you want to do with your program. Pro tools is the most popular software for real time audio recording and editing with its handy abilities and incredible quality of basic plugins that come with it, but not so much celebrated for its midi and sampler instrument handing capabilities; if you plan to work with the latter with stuff like libraries, vst instruments and eastwest orchestras (just to name one for e.g.) you'd better go with Steinberg's Nuendo or Reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Plus, Pro tools needs its own hardware. It won't work with conventional sound cards.

PRO TOOLS LE needs digidesign hardware, like the m-box2 for instance.
    PRO TOOLS M-POWERED supports m-audio hardware, like the m-audio profire 2626 which i own, and
    PRO TOOLS HD; well. That's for studios only. YOu don't want to know which is the minimum price / equipment list for that wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Isn't Reason more suited for hip-hop producers? I use Logic Pro for music making or editing I need to do. I use it because I'm already used to Apple programs. Served me fine so far! (Although I'm no expert, there's much that I don't know about the program.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, depends. I haven't used it so far but i've heard from others that it can be customized too.

The best PC-solution for orchestral / general instrument sounds is Steinberg's CUBASE (or better, NUENDO). Eastwest, for one, has an amazing range of vst instruments that work wonders with Cubase / Nuendo.

Pro-tools outdoes everything other i've worked on, when it comes to sound (.wav) editing and recording. The new version has upgraded midi functions as well and i think (although not sure) that it can also support VST this time (before it was only RTAS which is the pro tools alternative for vst) but i am not working with midi in general so i wouldn't know.

As for other cubase-relative instruments, there's always SONAR which is pretty good too, works with vst in relative manner.