• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2010
    Isn't $ meant to represent us dollars?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Gold-Pressed Latinum!
  1. I think every country using dollar as a currency uses the $ sign and Kevin is Canadian.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    US dollars, yes.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Three of the items above have been put on ebay with lower starting bids:

JAWS: THE REVENGE (Michael Small)
    MARK TWAIN / PRINCE AND THE PAUPER (Max Steiner/Erich W. Korngold)
    CINEMA SEPTET (Christopher Young, 2CD)

http://shop.ebay.com/soundtrackfan/m.ht … mp;_ipg=25
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010
    List updated. See first post.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010 edited
    List updated again. Lots of new items! See first post.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2011
    Updated for the new year, with several more titles and price adjustments. See first post.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011
    I'm going to post some classical CD's for sale. In all honesty it is material where I've found a better recording but it is still excellent to have in your collection.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I'm going to post some classical CD's for sale. In all honesty it is material where I've found a better recording but it is still excellent to have in your collection.
    Thomas

Could be interesting, had it not been for the fact that I'm cutting DOWN, not adding to my collection at the present time. Good luck, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011
    Check out the first post. I've added quite a few more items.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Unlike the last time, nothing really interests me, or I already own a copy. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2011
    That's fine. I should also mention that there are three FREE items there too. Only pay shipping. The two CD-R's (with lavish artwork) for SHAFT and FIREBIRDS/GROSS ANATOMY are fantastic - first is some funky shit, second is a fun, unreleased 80's action score by David Newman with good sound quality! The original CORELLI is a nice breezy listen too.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Shaft is funky, dope, cool, da shit man!!! punk

And the score ain't too shabby either. wink

Too bad the promo doesn't have all the most awesome cue in the film. Can't remember which one actually but I do remember being awfully pissed it wasn't on the promo.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2011
    OK, updated list with new additions and lower prices. See first post!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    God how I need to do what you're doing. My collection is like so out of control.
    Tom smile
  4. I have just finished boxing up all my CDs into storage boxes as we are getting new furniture and CD shelves don't yet have a place in the new layout.

Now would a good time to whittle down my collection as I don't know if the CDs will ever come back out of storage.

[]Thor[/], how easy has it been to shift your CDs and is all the shipping, collecting payment, etc relatively easy?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I have just finished boxing up all my CDs into storage boxes as we are getting new furniture and CD shelves don't yet have a place in the new layout.

Now would a good time to whittle down my collection as I don't know if the CDs will ever come back out of storage.

[]Thor[/], how easy has it been to shift your CDs and is all the shipping, collecting payment, etc relatively easy?

Yes and no. It requires that you have a lot of padded envelopes handy. They're quite expensive to buy here in Norway, so I usually keep old ones from things I've ordered myself and re-use them. Since Norway operates with some strange weight limits and have very steep postal fees, it also requires some measurements. I should have a letter weight in my house, I know, but I don't, so I have to go to the post office for heavier packages.

My main problem is that I live in Norway. The market is OUTSIDE Norway, and many (esp. in the US) are hesitant to order from me, esp. because of the relatively steep shipping fees. But without cases, it becomes reasonable.

So a little hassle, yes, but now it's really more about downscaling than becoming rich. The prices for the CD's are about 1/5 of what I once paid for them myself...so pocket change, really.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Cheers, Thor.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Have you thought of selling your CD's to SAE?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. I also need to take a look at what people are charging for some titles so I can get an idea what the OOP and limited releases go for. And how much, if any, can be added to a signed title.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I also need to take a look at what people are charging for some titles so I can get an idea what the OOP and limited releases go for. And how much, if any, can be added to a signed title.

I usually use ebay for that information myself. Not always a reliable, of course (things are only worth what people want to pay for them), but gives me some general idea.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I have, but I have to cover the shipping myself, and if they decide not to purchase said items after I've sent them, or offer very little for them, it may result in a lose-lose scenario.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I have considered it but I would need to cover shipping costs as I am outside the US. I dread to think how much it would cost to ship 10-12 storage boxes worth of CDs (with about 100 CDs per box).

I could select out the more sought after titles for shipping to US but I would imagine I may not get as good a price than if I sold them myself.

Lots to consider.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    To give you an idea about shipping it cost me $1000.00 to ship my collection from San Diego to Mpls. and of course the same amount when I returned. That consisted of 40 Office Depot boxes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I also forgot to mention, Alan, that I always use paypal for foreign customers. Very easy payment method. You should sign up for an account, if you don't already have one.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. One full box of CDs weighs between 15-20 kg (depending on size of box), so sending whole collection would be out of the question.
  9. Thor wrote
    I also forgot to mention, Alan, that I always use paypal for foreign customers. Very easy payment method. You should sign up for an account, if you don't already have one.

I've had an account for years but I would have to look into what is involved in receiving money. Though I would imagine it would not be too difficult.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    One full box of CDs weighs between 15-20 kg (depending on size of box), so sending whole collection would be out of the question.

I looked into selling my LP collection at one time and the cost was unreal as we're talking over 2000 lbs.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    One full box of CDs weighs between 15-20 kg (depending on size of box), so sending whole collection would be out of the question.

I looked into selling my LP collection at one time and the cost was unreal as we're talking over 2000 lbs.
    Tom

Flippin' eck Tom, you've got a ton of LP's.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt