• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    Tom: softspoken yet tenacious.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    We all have our favorites. I would love to get a response from John Morgan and hear him say that Copland and Friedhofer shouldn't be included.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Lists are boring anyway. sleep

'Xcept for Schinlder's.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Lists are boring anyway. sleep

'Xcept for Schinlder's.

biggrin

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Great movie!!!

The list is an impossible task
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Great movie!!!

The list is an impossible task

No it's not as proven by the Hollywood Reporter.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    To not include Copland would be like not including the Beatles in a similiar list. He created a sound and a style that was used in 100's of films. Or better yet just omitting John Williams. The Hollywood Reporter is wrong this time. We can argue about a particular film but not when two major composers are omitted completely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    To not include Copland would be like not including the Beatles in a similiar list. He created a sound and a style that was used in 100's of films. Or better yet just omitting John Williams. The Hollywood Reporter is wrong this time. We can argue about a particular film but not when two major composers are omitted completely.

Bah! There is no wrong and no right when it comes down to lists. All that's left is a bunch of annoyed and whiny people bitching about what and who was left off! sleep

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I would love to get a response from John Morgan and hear him say that Copland and Friedhofer shouldn't be included.

Haiyyyo! crazy

Copland and Friedhofer are glaring omissions
    Without them the list stinks of H2S emissions
    A list so disagreeable, they waive their right to opine
    All opinion is wrong except that of mine
    Let's not forgive the Hollywood Reporter unless they right this wrong
    They can make amends by simply including this mind-blowing song
    bhangra
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    biggrin punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Enough said, at least from me. We're all entitled to an opinion and you've heard mine.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Enough said, at least from me. We're all entitled to an opinion and you've heard mine.
    Thomas

Actually, we really haven't. Let's see your Top 100 list to see how it differs from the Hollywood Reporter.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

Actually, we really haven't. Let's see your Top 100 list to see how it differs from the Hollywood Reporter.

-Erik-

Quite a bit
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009
    sdtom wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

-Erik-

Quite a bit

Ok... let's see it!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

-Erik-

Quite a bit

Ok... let's see it!

-Erik-

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    Man, you really are THAT GUY who doesn't get the joke, until one month passes and then starts laughing on its own in the street. Everybody's looking at him like's the biggest dork tongue biggrin Every family or company of friends has one; you are mt's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Sorry if this has already been posted...

HollywoodReporter's list of the Top 100 scores of all time - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con … 26006ccb3e

Great list. They even take a lot of more modern scores into account. The Lion King ranks at #64! punk

My personal opinion on this, i don't believe in rankings. Its all depend up on individual taste or to say admiration matters.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    Didn't want to create a new thread for this, but here's a very interesting article about how the careers of some of the current A-list composers started, and what the film scoring biz is about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009 edited
    ^

Thanks for that! beer

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Welcome! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    DemonStar wrote
    Didn't want to create a new thread for this, but here's a very interesting article about how the careers of some of the current A-list composers started, and what the film scoring biz is about.

Good article
  1. Yes, indeed. It's very good stuff.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Thanks, excellent stuff!