• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009 edited
    World Premiere: Live Soundtrack "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" Live to the movie on the big screen

The 21st Centruy Symphony Orchestra, Chorus and Solists will performe Howard Shore's Oscar®- and Grammy Award®-Winning Score for "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King", conducted by Ludwig Wicki.

After having had a very compelling concert back in March and April 2009 attended by Oscar®-Winner Howard Shore, we are now continuing the live performance of the music of the "Lord of the Rings"-Trilogy with the complete performance of the music for the third installment, "The Return of the King".
    Based upon the theatrical cut of the movie, the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Ludwig Wicki, will perform the original score live and accompagnied by the Oscar®-winning blockbuster on the big screen in one of the most popular and renowned concert halls in Switzerland, the KKL in Lucerne. The orchestra will be enhanced with chorus and soloists.

You don't wanna miss that!

Friday, 5th of February 2010, 7.30 pm (local Time) (world premiere)
    Saturday, 6th of February 2010, 7.30 pm (local Time)
    Sunday, 7th of February 2010, 11.00 am (local Time)
    Sunday, 7th of February 2010, 6.30 pm (local Time)
    KKL Lucerne, Concert Hall

"The Return of the King" live performance

Pre-Ordering starts on 1st of August 2009:

Event Management ArtProductions:
    http://www.artproductions.ch (german only)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009 edited
    I was never a big fan of film music concerts playing live to the film on-screen (it kinda robs the music of its independent value), but I'm sure it will be a great event for "regular" people and the costume-dressed LOTR nerds in attendance.

I attended the LOTR concert here in Norway a few years ago (thankfully without any accompanying screens....at least only a screen that played some random shots and imagery), and it was great, despite bad weather and noisy crowds.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009
    I wish I could attend... cry
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009
    The world premiere is coming closer and closer!

Ticket Pre-orders are now being accepted over at www.artproductions.ch.
    For a royal musical feast!

Go, get 'em!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    How I wish I could be there for this one, Basil... sad