• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Anyone else who loves this famous duo?
    http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/

In Japan, the latest movie A Matter Of Loaf And Death, along with all other W&G features (except the DreamWorks' one), will be released next month in theaters, distributed by Studio Ghibli! punk Also an exhibition of W&G is held at the Ghibli Museum. It's because Nick Park and Miyazaki have been good friends...
    http://www.ghibli-museum.jp/wg

I can't wait to see the new and old films on big screen. I hope I will go to the exhibition if I have a chance. cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    You get the shorts in theaters? shocked

Loaf And Death was on here at Christmas, and its wholeheartedly good! More like the older shorts and less like the movie. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    I just went to seeing it today. It's really great to see all the four short films on the BIG screen!! cool

The latest film was a bit disappointed, though... I felt it lacked some energy (I even prefer The Curse Of Were-Rabbit), but it's still great fun any way.

But nothing can beat out Wrong Trousers. I've seen it several times but it's still exciting and as fresh as a new film! Train Chase scene is the best of the best punk

Funny thing... In the theater lobby there is a hand-made scrapbook-like poster with movie information and interviews. It says the music is composed by "Juliana" Nott. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    I enjoyed Loaf & Death more than the film (whose biggest problem was the score - none of the charm of the music in the shorts, which is such a massive influence in their success) but didn't like it as much as the first three.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    Southall wrote
    I enjoyed Loaf & Death more than the film (whose biggest problem was the score - none of the charm of the music in the shorts, which is such a massive influence in their success) but didn't like it as much as the first three.

I agree completely. The movie sucked big time, but at least Loaf & Death felt more like the earlier shorts. The score for L&D was much improved too...

But long live A Close Shave and the penguin in the second one! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    The penguin's great! Though whether he's as great as Shaun the Sheep... well, that's a hard one to call.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009 edited
    I think the reason why I got disappointed is, that I expected something more crazy yet exciting. Something like the train chase in Wrong Trousers and Gromit's plane flight in A Close Shave, or the scene where the giant rabbit dragging Gromit's car and toy plane chase in Were-Rabbit. I felt L&D's climax was rather quiet (I was like "Wait is it already the end? I want more!")

I enjoyed the movie, even though it's Hollywoodized (or should I say, DreamWorked) with corny "emotional" scenes. It's still fun movie. And I know the score was also dreamworked (or should I say, Remote-Controlled wink ) but several elements like Anti-Pesto theme still have similar feel from the shorts.

(But as you know I usually love those dreamworked music by Hans Powell-Williams so I'm biased tongue )

But anyway none is better than the first three, especially Wrong Trousers, my favorite of all! cool