• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2013 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I'm sure Thor would be devastated if he wasn't Norwegian... wink

He, he...yeah, I must admit I don't pay particular attention to how my fellow Scandinavian countries are doing.

That being said, I don't really care how Norway is doing either. The team is so lousy right now (actually has been for about a decade) that I've started to lose interest completely. I didn't even know they were playing yesterday untill a friend of mine reminded me. We played 1-1 against Albania (away) -- another poor result and the chances for playoffs are even slimmer now.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I'm sure Thor would be devastated if he wasn't Norwegian... wink

There is a difference? ... shame
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Captain Future wrote

To our Belgian friends: Well sone against Serbia!

Volker

YAY beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2013
    The Bruins and Blackhawks both played good games last night in the Stanley Cup Finals. Chicago took game one in the third overtime
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
  3. Could you please not post results in this thread for a day after the game? I am not watching the games live smile .
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2013 edited
    I'm very excited to see the large number of new countries on the verge of their first World Cup qualifications. If results go in their direction, we could see Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, Venezuela, Uzbekistan, Ethiopia, Zambia and Libya in Brazil next summer. Crazy!
  4. Jon Broxton wrote
    I'm very excited to see the large number of new countries on the verge of their first World Cup qualifications. If results go in their direction, we could see Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, Venezuela, Uzbekistan, Ethiopia, Zambia and Libya in Brazil next summer. Crazy!

So, expect to see players from these countries playing in the English Premier League the following year then?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Could you please not post results in this thread for a day after the game? I am not watching the games live smile .

I won't post the results anymore. Sorry
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013
    The final basketball game to determine the winner for a long long season. The hockey game last night was outstanding.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013
    Miami won the championship again but San Antonio had an opportunity. In game 6 which went into overtime and they lost with a few seconds left in regulation they fouled Leonard an 83% free thrower who missed one of the shots. If he had made both it would have been a 4 point lead not 3 point and they would have won. As it was Miami had just enough time to drive down and make a 3 point shot to tie the game.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2013
    Congrats to the Blackhawks for winning the Stanley Cup
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Could you please not post results in this thread for a day after the game? I am not watching the games live smile .

I won't post the results anymore. Sorry
    Tom

You just broke your own rule, Tom.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. I'll watch the game tonight. It will be my farewell to NHL for a very long while, because at this moment I am losing the TV station that airs NHL in Poland and I won't be able to afford the GameCenter Live for a long time sad
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    I'll watch the game tonight. It will be my farewell to NHL for a very long while, because at this moment I am losing the TV station that airs NHL in Poland and I won't be able to afford the GameCenter Live for a long time sad

I don't know how it is in Poland. I only recieve PBS channels (öffentlich rechtlich) via DVB-T. It covers all my needs. Cable would be much more expensive. Of course PBS channels are major players in the media marked here in Germany.

Volker
  7. In Poland there is no PBS (which is basically the public-founded TV station in America and as I see outside), but there is a TV station called ESPN America that airs a lot of American sports (including baseball and the NFL, I watch the latter if I can) including NHL. I used to watch a lot of stuff on that station. We are changing our TV provider, which means I will not have it anymore.

Watching the teams I follow in AMerican sports (which I honestly prefer to European football which even at the highest level bores me almost to death) was one of my freedoms that I deeply enjoyed in life.
  8. Someone needs to explain the rules of Baseball to me. I never grasp what's gonig on. I have been enlightened concerning Rugby and I believe I understand what is different in American Football. Yet Baseball remains enigmatic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I'll watch the game tonight. It will be my farewell to NHL for a very long while, because at this moment I am losing the TV station that airs NHL in Poland and I won't be able to afford the GameCenter Live for a long time sad

I can find you all the live streams. That's how I watch any Leafs game that's on Leafs TV. I refuse to pay for Leafs TV (which is a terrible channel) so whenever they air the games on that channel I watch the game on a free live stream.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    Someone needs to explain the rules of Baseball to me. I never grasp what's gonig on. I have been enlightened concerning Rugby and I believe I understand what is different in American Football. Yet Baseball remains enigmatic.

That's an impossible task. You need to watch a game or seven with some one who knows the game instead out and has the patience to answer all your questions because you are going to have a billion of them. The baseball rule book is insane! Trust me, I've read it! I was an umpire for about 5 years in my late teens and early 20's.

-Erik-
  9. I watched almost a half of a game on my own and I think I kinda got it (at least the running, the acquisition of points and what makes a player out, though I still need to find out why a single catch of a long ball is enough to out the player at bat). I also know what a double and triple play is, witnessed a few.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Sorry but I forgot. I got so excited I just had to tell the world.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Volker, the best way to understand baseball is to watch a game with a friend who understands it and has patience. To put down some of the rules down on a post isn't going to help you too much.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I still need to find out why a single catch of a long ball is enough to out the player at bat). I also know what a double and triple play is, witnessed a few.

Any batted ball that is caught in the air BEFORE it hits the ground (fair or foul) is an out.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Pa
    Erik Woods wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I still need to find out why a single catch of a long ball is enough to out the player at bat). I also know what a double and triple play is, witnessed a few.

Any batted ball that is caught in the air BEFORE it hits the ground (fair or foul) is an out.

-Erik-

You likely didn't see a triple play as they don't occur that often.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    You likely didn't see a triple play as they don't occur that often.
    Tom

They don't happen often but why would you think Pawel has seen one?

confused

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I watched almost a half of a game on my own and I think I kinda got it (at least the running, the acquisition of points and what makes a player out, though I still need to find out why a single catch of a long ball is enough to out the player at bat). I also know what a double and triple play is, witnessed a few.

because he said he has witnessed a few
    Tom
  10. Yeah, the ESPN America shows some Best Plays from various leagues during commercial breaks, so they have shown a few triple plays while at it.

And I think the game I saw had one (it was a Toronto-Pittsburgh game this year).
  11. Erik Woods wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

-Erik-

This might help?

http://youtu.be/kTcRRaXV-fg

(It was only a matter of time before someone posted this.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've always used the children's game 'dødball' (dead ball) as a sort of....uhm, base for understanding baseball. I realize baseball is more complex, but it's the same basic thing, I think. I've never really had an interest in the sport or a desire to explore, though (plenty of other sports that are more to my taste), so I've just put it on hold.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Of all (at least in origin) American sports I experienced in my life, baseball was the only one that didn't grab my interest even if I kinda got what it's about.

Basketball, hockey, American football (especially NFL, though watched some college as well), I dig all that stuff, baseball - not.

That said, I had the opportunity to watch some (even playoff!) Polish league basketball games, because the team from the city I used to live in was one of the best in the country for quite a while (no longer sadly), so I did go to some games... That was the only live sports experience I've had.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I love basketball!

Hockey, American football, baseball --> sleep
    I am extremely serious.