• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    But we don't have a thread about Jonas Brothers.

they are pretty much a ripoff of the Beatles sound.

You know i am joking about liking the gay vomiting material and ridiculous marketing tip for the pre-teen virgins that is JONAS BROTHERS, right? :jordi:

We know you are NOT joking; we love you anyway.

lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    But we don't have a thread about Jonas Brothers.

they are pretty much a ripoff of the Beatles sound.

You know i am joking about liking the gay vomiting material and ridiculous marketing tip for the pre-teen virgins that is JONAS BROTHERS, right? :jordi:

We know you are NOT joking; we love you anyway.

I don't think I can hang around with you guys at Ubeda any more. Sorry, but I will be very busy...staying away from JONAS BROTHERS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Aside from my aforementioned music styles I listen to, I forgot to mention that I listen to a lot of Justin Boggan... Hmmm; I'd say about twenty-four hours a day of Boggan, actually. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009 edited
    I'm amazed that so many of only listen to film music (or almost). If I did that, I would go totally nuts!

dizzy crazy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    I'm amazed that so many of only listen to film music (or almost). If I did that, I would go totally nuts!

dizzy crazy

I'm about 95% film music or classical wink and 5% rock and selected hip/hop.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    Same here. My passion, my heart, is unequivocally in film and classical music. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate all sorts of music, it just means that 95% of the time I want to listen to film music or classical music. (Most of which is film music.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Same here too. 90% film music, 5% bands (Guns n´Roses basically) 5% vocal trance.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    (Guns n´Roses basically)

beer punk beer punk beer punk beer punk
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Thor wrote

dizzy crazy

Me too, about 50 % film & videogame music (not to be underestimated), 50 % other genres which include metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden), rock (Chris Cornell, Soundgarden, Guns 'n Roses), pop (80s I adore, 90s I dig, 00s is okay, and Michael Jackson is GOD !!!!), prog rock (Dream Theater - my fave band of all time).

Some of the other bands I love: The Cranberries, Hooverphonic, Keane, Coldplay, Within Temptation, Manowar, The Verve among others.

There are some classical pieces I like but other than The Planets I don't have any albums whatsoever. My interest in classical isn't deep enough to get hooked.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

dizzy crazy

Me n' You both beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Some of my favorite comedy songs, that I found on YouTube so you can all hear:

Amish Paradise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrowbOGZJwg

The Ballad of Irving:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U077BiDMmPE

Deterioata:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1NAwlep … re=related

Camp Grenada:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBTY6oVDmXE

Hole in the Bucket...:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD-ffhvefsw

Shoulders of Freaks:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPKEk2aHjow

Boot to the Head: Last Will and Temperment:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMIgCsV0 … p;index=60

Boot to the Head: Tae Kwon Leap:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Y6231u … re=related

Nobody Home:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWCx-MQKJYE

Life's Gonna Suck:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eTcPRZK2hw
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    My favs:
    Classical- mainly everything by Dvorak and Beethoven. Lots of work by the other fellows too.
    Classic Rock- some elvis, the beatles, queen, the eagles, the doors, CCR
    Rock- jet, dropkick murphy's, the cranberries, billy joel, early u2, Eric Clapton, Queen, and The Killers
    other artists- marc cohn, johnny cash, simon and garfunkel, High Kings, Explosions In The Sky, Yann Tiersen, Anberlin, DC Talk, Jars of Clay, Journey, Bobby Darin, and Frank Sinatra,

This is really all I can think of off the top of my head
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Same here. My passion, my heart, is unequivocally in film and classical music. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate all sorts of music, it just means that 95% of the time I want to listen to film music or classical music. (Most of which is film music.)

Word.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    pop (80s I adore, 90s I dig, 00s is okay, and Michael Jackson is GOD !!!!)

freezing wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    DreamTheater wrote
    pop (80s I adore)

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

dizzy crazy

Me n' You both beer

Me 'n both a y'se three. wine champagne
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

dizzy crazy

Me n' You both beer

Me 'n both a y'se three. wine champagne

Have we turned into four yet? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

freezing wink

I get what you're expressing, but to me he will always remain one of the true great artists in the history of music, even if he's beyond screwed up at this moment. And I'm a big nostalgic. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Adoring the eighties, beatificating The Artist Formerly Known As Black... you are this close to being irredeemable. sad
    RENOUNCE your evil ways.
    REPENT.
    PRAY for forgiveness and MAYBE we can see towards getting your stay in purgatory minimised to just an aeon or sixteen.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

freezing wink

I get what you're expressing, but to me he will always remain one of the true great artists in the history of music, even if he's beyond screwed up at this moment. And I'm a big nostalgic. punk

Love him or hate him I don't think you can deny the man is a (mad) genius. I love a lot of the early stuff with the Jackson 5 and a lot of Jacko's solo stuff too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Love him or hate him I don't think you can deny the man is a (mad) genius.

Genius?
    He had a couple of hits (most not penned by himself).
    For the rest it's your average "Too much money and an overbearing dad will screw you up beyond belief" story.
    I really don't see what he's done that's actually "genius".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    A COUPLE OF HITS ?????????????

shocked

Clearly people forget about those that mattered... and there were quite more than a couple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Billy Jean...ehm....errr.... Thriller... ehhhh... Hm.
    Nope.
    That's it.

All the rest was your average tailor-made prefab top ten material churned out by production companies creating demand.
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ja … iscography

cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So he made records.
    I'm not challenging his credentials as an artist (though obviously I'm not a fan), I am challenging the assumption that "some hits" equals "genius".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    So he made records.
    I'm not challenging his credentials as an artist (though obviously I'm not a fan), I am challenging the assumption that "some hits" equals "genius".

The singing the dancing the whole caboodle ( or however you spell it ).

"some hits!? hahaha applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Michael Jackson being a genius is one of the most-overblown funny things i've read in a while. The only area he ever expertized in, is baby .
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Michael Jackson being a genius is one of the most-overblown funny things i've read in a while. The only area he ever expertized in, is baby .

'ouch'

Jackson is a serious fuck up ( just see Martijn's post ) but the guy ( I'm loathed to call him a man ) IS touched with genius...FACT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So he had 13 number one hits: 7 of which following the INSANELY overhyped "BAD" album (it was even in the news, I remember: "Michael Jackson releases album!" rolleyes )

So discounting those, there's six number one hits he got on his own.
    Which is the same amount as Boyzone got.
    And there's four of them so I guess the're 400% the genius Jackson is! tongue

Seriously though, I'd save the word genius for those people who have shaped music in the way that we know it. For popular music I'd be happy to accept Lennon & McCartney, Phil Spector, James Brown, Bob Dylan, et cetera as having earned that epithet.

Jackson is not a luminary (no matter how well he can walk backwards).
    Rather a loonie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

'ouch'

Jackson is a serious fuck up ( just see Martijn's post ) but the guy ( I'm loathed to call him a man ) IS touched with genius...FACT!

By that thinking, MADONNA is Einstein's female alter ego.