• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009 edited
    I don't have the words for what I JUST SAW

I'm sure when Bruckheimer watched the last shot he J__zed in His Pants

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009
    Oh, *I* have words.
    Two of 'em.
    Deja vu.
    slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Are you kiddin' me? I am grabbing my pop corn and re-watching that! America saves the human species again and in a yet another kick ass brainless way!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sure! I'm not saying I'm not gonna watch it.
    But it's not blowing me away or anything: loads of big things go snap, crackle and pop.
    Bigger is better.
    Louder is cooler.

It all seems par for the course, really.

I'm sure it'll be fun and quite spectacular on the big screen, and that I will be thoroughly entertained.
    I'm also quite sure that once I've left the theatre I will have forgotten it.

So I'm just not quite sure why Erik is/seems so enthusiastic?
    It just seems like another disaster flick.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Looks great! This is the reason I love going to the cinema, sharing the experience of a spectacle such as this with an audience. They loose a lot of that when you watch it at home. Deep, meaningful, Franzy type movies I much prefer to watch at home. (Unless of course something really awesome with the best of both worlds comes along like The Dark Knight.)

Shame it's probably going to get a dull score... we shall see I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Harald Kloser's doing it?

Apart from that, imagine the sound and its BASS in the cinema!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote

Sarcasm doesn't really work on these internets.

slant

That trailer was the biggest load of rubbish I've ever seen. Let's blow EVERYTHING up. And let's blow everything up as if it were still 1996 where audiences still hadn't really figured out CGI technology. Sure, blowing up the White House the first time in ID4 was pretty f'ing cool but how many more times does Emmerich have to do it before he realizes that this shit ISN'T cool anymore. Audiences (I assume) ARE NOT impressed by this CGI bukkake. And that last shot is the biggest circle jerk of them all. Enough is enough!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    CGI Bukkake

bounce
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote

Sarcasm doesn't really work on these internets.

Sorry man. shame
    I should have realized. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Erik Woods wrote
    -Erik-

Fuck me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Personally I couldn't care less about the quality of the script, I'm just excited to see this CGI bukkake in a cinema. I love disaster films and I love 'jerking off' to CGI (as long as it doesn't get in the way of a good movie or franchise... *cough* Star Wars).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    WOW! That's some awesome stuff right there! I love these epic disaster movies. I don't care how old it is. It's endless fun.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    I can't WAIT to see the awesome work that Digital Domain did on the big screen. A friend of mine was a lead modeler on the show, and worked his ASS off on it - they had to model the insides of buildings so that when they crumble (i.e. the earthquakes in LA) you can see every little detail.....

And before anyone else asks, sorry - no scoring session coverage of this one. sad (Funny how 2012 is a "closed session", yet no problem for TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN or.... (coming soon!) GI JOE..... Different studios, different policies I guess!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    dgoldwas wrote
    I can't WAIT to see the awesome work that Digital Domain did on the big screen. A friend of mine was a lead modeler on the show, and worked his ASS off on it - they had to model the insides of buildings so that when they crumble (i.e. the earthquakes in LA) you can see every little detail.....

Reason enough to see it in the cinema!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

shocked
    CAN´T.WAIT.

Up: Emmerich in his comfort zone. He has a thing with destroying the White House though, aint he?
    Down: Harold Kloser and Thomas Wan K/D er doing the score.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    CGI Bukkake

bounce

There we go, just the words I was looking for! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    dgoldwas wrote

And before anyone else asks, sorry - no scoring session coverage of this one. sad (Funny how 2012 is a "closed session", yet no problem for TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN or.... (coming soon!) GI JOE..... Different studios, different policies I guess!

Who's scoring it?

Steven wrote
    Personally I couldn't care less about the quality of the script, I'm just excited to see this CGI bukkake in a cinema. I love disaster films and I love 'jerking off' to CGI (as long as it doesn't get in the way of a good movie or franchise... *cough* Star Wars).

Same here. Have you seen THE KNOWING yet? Only "disaster" film i haven't watched yet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    HILARIOUS!

bounce

I love this!
    Kazoo
  1. Steven wrote

I'm with you on this, Steven.

Looks great.

BTW, the credits at the end of the trailer does say that the music is by Harald Kloser and Thomas Wander.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks Alan! Kinda like Kloser's scores so far; well, not all of them, but as far as his disaster movie score goes, i frequently revisit that.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks Alan! Kinda like Kloser's scores so far; well, not all of them, but as far as his disaster movie score goes, i frequently revisit that.

There are certainly portions of Kloser's previous scores I have heard that I certainly revisit, but as a whole they're not too memorable to me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote

I'm with you on this, Steven.

Looks great.

BTW, the credits at the end of the trailer does say that the music is by Harald Kloser and Thomas Wander.

...who changed his name from Thomas WanKer. Guess I can't blame him, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Kloser is also a co-producer and co-writer on the screenplay too....
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    dgoldwas wrote
    Kloser is also a co-producer and co-writer on the screenplay too....

Well, based on his last co-screen writing credit I guess we can't really expect much.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Maybe he should leave script-writing and stuff to professionals and better try to concentrate on the score and its music instead? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Maybe he should leave script-writing and stuff to professionals and better try to concentrate on the score and its music instead? wink

I was almost going to say exactly the same thing about his music.....then thought better of it! cheesy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

Bah, who needs a script in a movie where all the world is falling apart?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009
    With Emmerich, form mirrors content beautifully, as the script falls apart, too!
  3. Holy shit! That's my two words...

I agree with Steven, this one's to be watched in the theatre, and put your brain off-line. I also love these big blockbuster disaster epics. Let's hope it'll have the fun of ID4 but I can't see that happening unless it features a landmark score. Emmerich should have brought David Arnold on board. Give the man a chance again to do something extraordinary.

But penning words when you should be penning notes? Whatever will we have next? Actors that want to direct? slant
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.