• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I guess it would have been worse if it had not even a hint Williams' original themes. So I'd say we can count our blessings for that at least. smile

True. That was the best decision they made.

-Erik-

I think Christopher Gordon should have done it. And made no reference to the Williams themes. But that's just me. And probably wouldn't have suited Brian Singer's prerogative to revisit the first film's every scene by stealth.

I think Chris Gordon, WITH THE THEMES, would have be spectacular!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    1) I chose SotE because this is the one opportunity where McNeely had to step in Williams shoes. I know it´s not a filmscore, but it´s as close as we get to what Erik asked for, McNeely doing Williams. I think McNeely failed that. He did something completely different. Some may think it´s still SW, I don´t think it is.

I think to be honest he spent much of his early career copying Williams to some extent or another, in those very enjoyable action/adventure scores he wrote in the 1990s.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Page one hundred. Put 'er down!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited