• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    Well, they must have concluded you won't give a damn about MJ.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The BBC news has annoyed me. They've devoted an entire section to Jackson's death and are just dragging the whole thing out to the Nth degree! Just say "Jackson died. People are sad." and then move onto the next more news-worthy story! Fucking media.

Anyway, um, rest in peace I guess? (Which is pretty much a given since he's dead, he's not gonna hear anything is he?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Only BBC? Switch to any channel that comes to mind; same thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    True. I really hate how the media decide what we should all be feeling, what is the most news-worthy story. It's no more evident than in cases like this. Whatever brings the ratings in I guess? rolleyes
  1. Well, maybe he was liked by a lot of people who are interested in the coverage?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I knew I'd get a bite. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009 edited
    If fishing is what you need to do to be able to deal with MJ´s death, be my guest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nah, it's fine. I'll just deal with it in the healthiest way I know. drink

Works a charm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I've never been a huge fan but I've always appriciated his talent in music and his fantastic dancing. May he rest in peace. And just to remember him and my teenage years I'm now playing my favourite song of his: Dirty Diana
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    What got me was how it was still listed as "Breaking news" when it had been reported over 12 hours ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Since my childhood, i grew up with listening to MJ songs. I am still crazy about his songs and dance moves. He was not just a singer or composer or songwriter or dance choreographer, but he was an inventor. He invented several music tunes and dance steps. The most unforgettable dance step was "Moonwalk" which i personally considered heavenly dance step. He is still genius even though he is dead. Nobody in this world can come up to his level. No musicians or no singer have had achieved his greatness. Billions of world are still in shock and not able to believe he is dead. He was not only entertainer but also a great social worker. He helped several handicapped children around the world and he conducted fund raiser concerts for helping the poor nations. Despite the controversies, his music still remains in the heart of billions people around the world. His video album and music album has very unique qualities that no other musicians or singers possess. This world has lost one of the great artist on Earth.

Goodbye, Michael! You may be dead, but your music is immortal. You are living in our hearts. May your soul rest in peace.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    DreamTheater wrote
    Ah yes 'Earth Song': one of the best he's ever written. A song that always gives me shivers.

Same here, fantastic song! R.I.P.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    I'm not usually shocked or "hit" by celebrity deaths, but this was quite the eyeraiser for me. I love Jacko's music, and we've lost a musical genius that might have given us more classics. In fact, I was at a pub yesterday where they played his songs all night long. It was not difficult to get me on the dance floor, it was in fact more difficult to get me OFF it!

More generally, I found it to be a testament to his position in popular culture when EVERY facebook status yesterday was about his death - from friends I have all over the world. We're definitely experiencing the same thing now that they must have done back in august of 1977, when a certain other musical legend passed away.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. You're talking about Presley?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009 edited
    Indeed.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The MJ craze has apparently infected animals as well.
  3. Christodoulides wrote

Well ask yourself this? Is that dog black or white?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    PawelStroinski wrote
    You're talking about Presley?

lol
    was that a joke?
    what other elvis would it be?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009
    Does anybody have DVD collections of MJ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It doesn't matter if your black or white.....

A bit strong coming from Jacko.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Sunil wrote
    Does anybody have DVD collections of MJ?

Two compilations with his short films aka music videos. He sure made these to last. Thriller is thrilling. Bad is Badass. Earth Song is ...uhm... eerie.

The 1993 Bucharest concert... one hell of a flawless performance.

I'm sure tons more material will come out now he's immortalized.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009
    oh yeah! i awaiting for that moment. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    I just watched the farewell event/funeral on TV, and although there were moments that didn't work as well (such as Al Sharpton's "rally"-style speech or Jennifer Hudson's poor singing), it was very moving, and there were more than a couple of occasions where I had to really fight back the tears (Stevie Wonder's song, the family's words towards the end, including his daughter).

It was a surprisingly sober and tasteful event and avoided the "circus" event that it COULD have been.

Thank you for the music, Michael. Thank you for being an integral part of my childhood. Losing you was losing a little bit of my past.

sad
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I saw it too and it was indeed really moving.

As Thor said thank you for the music Michael, and for the memories.
    sad
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  6. Just saw it too, not since 9-11 I've been this glued to the TV-screen. It was a surreal experience, knowing that half the world was witnessing it, and just being part of the experience was beyond fantastic. The songs performed were all very well chosen for the event, being it not a spectacle like MJ's shows would have been, but a more subdued, yet uplifting tribute to the man's life and his many good deeds. But the best part of it all were the incredibly emotional speeches, talking about personal experiences with Michael the person had. Like the founder of Motown, or the children of Martin Luther King, who shared profound inside experiences that will stay in my head for long. Personally I was floored by Brooke Shields' presence, who was visibly struggling to deliver her words, but managed to talk about her friendship with the artist and how they had a lot in common being both child stars and never having lived a normal childhood. It was very moving. And fitting to end with 'We Are the World' and 'Heal the World', Michael would've been so proud of these performances. During the final words by the Marlon Jackson and his daughter I could no longer hold my eyes dry.

It was the most brilliant tribute any fan, big or small could wish for the celebration of the life of the greatest entertainer that ever lived. I totally agree with what Berry Gordy said. May he forever live in his music, his dance moves, his videos and in our hearts.

Michael this was your day. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I saw 10 seconds of it and turned the channel to something more interesting. A fascinating program about paint drying as it would happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I too am glad i was at the other half of the world :evil-cynic-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Guys, we already made the point we're not the biggest fans around several times over(and I haven't been actually silent on the matter myself). But there's no need to keep on hammering it home.

Some people are glad they can express their sentiments here, and they're welcome to.
    For others it'll be a relief to see this thread will sink after tonight.
    Let's leave well enough alone.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I have nothing against those people; the media drowned me with bullcrap all week long though and nobody asked me if i wanted to shower with that; but you're right, we better leave it for tonight.