• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    Rian wrote
    Martijn wroteThough I like the "initial" theme best myself)

It says 'season 2' rolleyes

rolleyes rolleyes Yes, rolleyes and it's rolleyes the same theme rolleyes as for season 1. rolleyes (and the pilot, if you really want to get anal). rolleyes rolleyes
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    It's not, Martijn, every season had its own theme (and I'm not talking about the voice-overs). smile
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Season 1 and 2 had the same theme, though it was differently orchestrated and changed tempo to reflect the changing story.
    Season 3 was a very clear and marked departure from the theme in season 1 and 2.

(Anyway, I would have linked to the season 1 theme anyway, if there wasn't just some weird fan edit available that mixes Trek imagery with Bab 5 music... nerds...rolleyes alien )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Can anyone find a copy of the opening song for YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE?

Comme ça?

Where's Barry's gorgeous strings??? slant rolleyes

Right titles, Wrong song.

That was the single 45 rpm that was released, it's NOT the original but thanks for trying Martijn.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked

I never noticed.
    I found a few others but as I can't tell one from the other...never mind. shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's likely the same ones I looked through Martijn, as I said, I can't find the right song with the right title sequence.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    How do I know the "right song" from the "wrong" one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Just to be an ass:

The original B5 theme was not used in the pilot, because that one had a different composer. When JMS reedited the pilot years later, he got Franke to do a completely new score, but since it had no title sequence, there was no B5 theme, not even somewhere during the show. There are, however, hints on the "Battle of the Line" Theme while Commander Sinclair remembers that Battle, quite similar to the music Franke used years earlier during the memorable Season 1 episode about that specific Battle. Of course, it became the Season 3 Theme later.

And yes, I was a big B5 geek while it lasted. My wife and me have never been so active within a fandom before and after. We had our own (printed) newsletter and fanzine, and even met some of the actors, including Bruce Boxleitner, and did a short interview with Claudia Christian. And there is absolutely no need at all to tell you that beside shameless boasting. biggrin Yes, it was fun, but it made me memorize all kinds of tiny things I am not sure I should be able to remember ten years later. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The beginning of Psycho was pretty darn good too!!!!!!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    This place.

Edit: Dammit. William already made that joke.
  1. sdtom wrote

beer
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Comme ça?

Here's the original soundtrack version for comparison.

Film Version
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    sdtom wrote

Quite right Tom!

And I agree with you on Signs too. Ripper of a titles/music intro! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Just to be an ass:

The original B5 theme was not used in the pilot

biggrin
    Fair enough. To be honest, I haven't seen the pilot since 1994, so I was kinda bluffing there. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    The One Hundred And One Dalmatians! (the original, of course) smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TKBuO7EHQg

Monsters, inc also has a nice opening, which I believe was influenced by 101.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    kokozedilitis everywhere i see freezing
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. To accept main titles sequences in full you have not only to hear them, but also to SEE them, this is perfectly understandable, D. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    what Pawel said beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Comme ça?

Here's the original soundtrack version for comparison.

Film Version

Can you hear the difference now Martijn?
  3. Timmer wrote
    ^
    what Pawel said beer

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Got it. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i am not surprised; one of the main symptoms of kokozedilitis is the development of self-illusions of actual reasons behind youtube links biggrin tongue kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    just keep on saying his name D, you know what will happen rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    freezing

shutting up now
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Got it. beer

It surprised me to learn that the record that was released was a re-recording, I quite like it and it has a 60's charm but doesn't stand the test of time like Barry's original.
  4. Superman is a choice that's difficult to beat!

Another maint titles sequence that's quite effective - and a favourite - is the title sequence to Cronenberg's Crash. The visuals coupled with Shore's unusual score certainly gets the viewer ready for something out of the ordinary!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I will always have a soft spot for the main titles/opening sequences of BLADE RUNNER, E.T., ALIEN and EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, since I've done more or less extensive analyses of them in my academic work (even though there was the imminent chance of killing your darlings). Some of the ALIEN main title analysis can be found here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Signs by James Newton Howard
    Total Recall by Jerry Goldsmith
    Superman by John Williams
    Braveheart by James Horner
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    sdtom wrote

beer beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    While Superman still stands as the best main title sequence of all time here is one of the most impressive main title sequences I've seen from a recent superhero film Great choice of song!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!