• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2011
    NP : NEVER FOR EVER - Kate Bush

love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    NP : THE DREAMING - Kate Bush

love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. You have a thing for Kate's Bush?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm listening to the sixth symphony and at the same time reading about the different theories as to how he died. Talk about a soap opera.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    You have a thing for Kate's Bush?

Yeap! The woman is a genius, quirky weird unique and original, not everyones cup-o-tea for sure but she floats my boat and then some.
  2. Read my post again. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011 edited
    I read it right first time and decided to answer seriously tongue wink

all kate Bush jokes were used up years ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011
    Timmer wrote

Good for you Tim
  3. Timmer wrote

Still I don't beat around the bush, do I?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    stop it, my ribs are hurting
  4. Aaahhhhh, Don't Give Up now!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011 edited
    Keep this up and Them Heavy People will put the Babooshka on you, it'll be like a Hammer Horror and you'll be Running Up That Hill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011 edited
    shocked --------> dizzy --------> cool --------> applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WISH YOU WERE HERE - Pink Floyd

love
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/03/29/s … haikovsky/

I'm doing a monthly review for Delos out of their back catalog. This was a 1983 early digital lp recording.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    Timmer wrote

love

BOOOOOOOORING!

wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

love

BOOOOOOOORING!

wink

Coming from you that must be some kind of subversive compliment? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2011
    NP : THERE & BACK - Jeff Beck

Brilliant rock/jazz/funk fusion, one of my all time favourite albums punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THERE & BACK - Jeff Beck

Brilliant rock/jazz/funk fusion, one of my all time favourite albums punk

This track STARCYCLE was used as the theme to my all time favourite Rock show THE TUBE which ran on Channel 4 from 1982 - 1987, if anyone thinks it sounds like a track from Miami Vice then that's no surprise as it was written by Jan Hammer cool wink

The track The Pump was featured in the film and soundtrack of Risky Business.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2011
    CARMEN from the pen of Ernesto Halffter. This was music composed for the silent film Carmen and is a world premiere recording on Naxos. I'm on my second listen and I might just review.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2011
    Shostakovich Symphony No. 1. This is an outstanding effort for a first symphony. I just got done not too long ago plodding thru the effort Holst made.
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Shostakovich Symphony No. 1. This is an outstanding effort for a first symphony. I just got done not too long ago plodding thru the effort Holst made.
    Thomas smile

Effort Holst made? I presume you mean his tone poem 'Egdon Heath' Tom?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: ANIMALS (Pink Floyd)

Very acoustic album, lots of guitar.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote

http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/04/02/s … oldsholst/

I was talking about his Symphony in F Major.
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer wrote

http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/04/02/s … oldsholst/

I was talking about his Symphony in F Major.
    Thomas smile

I've never heard it Tom, i was thinking of the symphony that he was commishioned to write by the New York philharmonic which became the piece 'Egdon Heath' based on one of Thomas Hardy's works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011
    As I said in the review this was a first effort when he was a trombone player in the Carlo Rosa opera company. If you really like Holst as I think you do this is probably one worth having as it is a budget release.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll have to check it out Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If you PM me with your address I'll be happy to mail you a CD.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : GONG - Poul Ruders

A Danish composer, this piece is about the life cycle of the sun ending with it turning into a white dwarf, it's large orchestral forces and reminds me of the work of Olivier Messien, interesting textures and orchestration but saying I like it would be pushing it.

Martijn, you'd HATE it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    NP : GONG - Poul Ruders

A Danish composer, this piece is about the life cycle of the sun ending with it turning into a white dwarf, it's large orchestral forces and reminds me of the work of Olivier Messien, interesting textures and orchestration but saying I like it would be pushing it.

Martijn, you'd HATE it. wink

Would I like it?
    Thomas smile