• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ANTARCTICA is a sublime work but in this warm sunny weather Symphony # 5 is perfect right now.

Quite taken by it. I'd give it a top 100 Classical rating.
    Tom

There are a surprising amount of differences between the symphony and the film score, the CHANDOS re-recording of the complete film score is IMO one of the best releases of the 00's.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: OPERA SAUVAGE (Vangelis)

Been playing a lot of the electro pioneer recently, and it doesn't seem to end.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    And sorry...it should be in the regular "Now Playing" thread. That's the thing with these Vangelis albums (ANTARCTICA, OPERA SAUVAGE, L'APOCALYPSE...). They're like studio albums, and you forget they once accompanied rather obscure films!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    And sorry...it should be in the regular "Now Playing" thread. That's the thing with these Vangelis albums (ANTARCTICA, OPERA SAUVAGE, L'APOCALYPSE...). They're like studio albums, and you forget they once accompanied rather obscure films!

You could have at least played ANTARCTICA, would have been a continuity factor.... wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    [b]Timmer wrote

There are a surprising amount of differences between the symphony and the film score, the CHANDOS re-recording of the complete film score is IMO one of the best releases of the 00's.

Either the symphony or the Chandos is fine with me.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011 edited
    NP: THE ESSENTIAL... (Michael Jackson)

Great 2CD set that includes everything from the early boy hits to the latest funkalicious stuff! There was no one quite like MJ.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011 edited
    NP: 100 80's HITS (various)

Few other things get me in party mood as much as 80's pop and rock music, especially electro-oriented!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Few other things get me in party mood as much as 80's pop and rock music, especially electro-oriented!

It's always been a very love/hate relationship for me smile

Oh yeah Thor, I'm made of titanium me, no hangover at all and I'm going out again tonight punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

It's always been a very love/hate relationship for me smile

Oh yeah Thor, I'm made of titanium me, no hangover at all and I'm going out again tonight punk

Cripes! If I'm Hangover Man, you're Stamina Man! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I honestly don't know how it works, Thor? Sometimes I can get drunk on one night and feel like hell the next day and other times it's like water, sorry, alcohol off a ducks back, perhaps it's to do with what and how much you eat before hand?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    I honestly don't know how it works, Thor? Sometimes I can get drunk on one night and feel like hell the next day and other times it's like water, sorry, alcohol off a ducks back, perhaps it's to do with what and how much you eat before hand?

Has nothing to do with what you eat or drink. The alcohol is converted into a sugar by the liver at a steady rate. What beverage you drink could have an effect and mixed with what food.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011 edited
    NP: TECHNO POP (Kraftwerk)

Funny how they try to mimic the technological advances at the time, yet in retrospect is sounds a bit dated. Like "The Telephone Call" with all the oldfashioned ringtones and stuff. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/d … ekorngold/

A new Korngold I had never heard before. It was given it premiere 5 years ago by the Helsinki Philharmonic
  1. Thor wrote
    NP: THE ESSENTIAL... (Michael Jackson)

Great 2CD set that includes everything from the early boy hits to the latest funkalicious stuff! There was no one quite like MJ.

You are DEAD right, sir ! MJ rules in the afterlife too.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Thor wrote

Any hits from Europe on there? wink cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thor wrote

You mean the 80's hair group, right, not the continent? No, not that I can remember. "Final Countdown" is loads of fun, though. Definitely a party song.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011 edited
    Sorry, wrong thread.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Europe = crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    America especially Tom=Voice of Reason
  3. Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thor wrote

You mean the 80's hair group, right, not the continent? No, not that I can remember. "Final Countdown" is loads of fun, though. Definitely a party song.

I still listen to that album 'The Final Countdown' a lot, which I had on vinyl long ago. So 80s, so cheesy, so awesome !! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    The track "The Final Countdown" does feature on my "favourite pop songs" playlist. A classic track.

But I find it hard to believe that they can justify a 2-CD, 36-track "best of" release:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Countdown … p;sr=301-1
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I remember listening to that album on an exceptionally packed train travelling from Madrid to Lisbon in 1987, a small group had a "ghetto blaster" and only had one tape and it was THAT one, I had already hated it when it was on Brit airwaves and to hear that tape played in continuous loops was horrific, I can barely describe how much I truly hate that song, cheese at it's absolute worst!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I remember listening to that album on an exceptionally packed train travelling from Madrid to Lisbon in 1987, a small group had a "ghetto blaster" and only had one tape and it was THAT one, I had already hated it when it was on Brit airwaves and to hear that tape played in continuous loops was horrific, I can barely describe how much I truly hate that song, cheese at it's absolute worst!

Well, I'm guessing the circumstances in which you heard it first might colour your evaluation a bit.

It's cheesy alright, but in a very fun and "large" way. Much like Van Halen's "Jump".
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like 'JUMP'

The Final Countdown had already ( very recent at the time ) been a MASSIVE hit in the UK, a song you couldn't escape from in any pub or radio station so I already hated it with a vengence, but to have to listen to the whole album for hours.... crazy
  4. Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Well, I'm guessing the circumstances in which you heard it first might colour your evaluation a bit.

It's cheesy alright, but in a very fun and "large" way. Much like Van Halen's "Jump".

yeah

A real vintage 80s pop tune. The kind they can't / dare not make anymore.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And thank the gods for that! punk
  5. kill explode
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2011
    NP: 21 ~ Adele

This girl truly has it! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
    Carmen, a score written for a silent version.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: 21 ~ Adele

This girl truly has it! smile

She has talent alright, I'm still not sure whether I like her stuff or not, a bit angst ridden for my taste.